2D Artwork: Beast Machines Rewritten - Season 1 Maximals

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by darksage78, Jul 18, 2007.

1. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

So for anyone who's read my fanfic, I also redesigned what the Maximals look like. Season 1 of my fanfic rewrite isn't over yet but will draw to a close soon so worked for three days straight to draw the rest of the Maximals and ink all of them. If anyone saw the character designs in the fic thread, I slightly redesigned Optimus and Rattrap again, but heavily modified Blackarachnia.

Anyway, I'm not very good at drawing, still trying my hand at inking. Crits and comments appreciated :) 

[​IMG]

2. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    All characters looks better than the show but you could put legs on Rattrap. But good work!

3. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Thanks, as for Rattrap I wanted to keep some elements from the regular Beast Machines. In my Rewrite there will be body changes/upgrades so you never know, old Rattrap here may get his gizmos and legs back :) 

4. NMPT

NMPT Goofy ominous nutball

They look like Transformers Animated characters to me. That's not an insult, because I'm very excited about the next series.

Good work!

EDIT: I can't stop looking at these guys!!!

5. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

It wasn't intentional lol but thanks :) 

6. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Flats put in, hopefully in a couple days I can get in shades and a spiffy background :)  Hope its ok...
    [​IMG]

7. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Nice... And your idea for rewrite BM is very very cool. Watching BM series, when Blackaracnia got the "glimpses" from the past and BW Silverbolt and other BW characters appeared on screen... OOOHHHHhhhhh... HOW the BW top-notch designs decayed that much?!? I simply canĀ“t accept this. I already create a topic on this board called "BW deserved a better sequel"... And I insist on this idea. BM has indeed great aspects but the Maximal designs and the idea of the organic past of Cybertron killed the series for good.

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    can you add beastchanger just for fun

9. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Thanks again Rattrap587, season one will be ending soon and if I get to drawing some more, I'll put up some preview images of characters in new forms :) 

@Rumble: Beastchanger? Noble won't be in my fic if that's what you wanted lol