"Beast Machines" music score?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Brave Magnus, May 28, 2010.

1. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I am curious about it. I mean we get soundtracks from Tf animes and we even get some samples from Animated not so long ago. And after rewatchng "Beast Machines" i gotta admt that i would love to hear that music, its just great!
    But after hours of googlng i found nothng. :(  Is there a score for Beast MAchines or not?

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think there's a score, but what I DO know is there's a composer. Find out who that is, then start a campaign to get him invited to Botcon or some other official Transformers function. I believe this is how we got "The Protoform Sessions" and "Artistic Transformations" out of Vince DiCola. Prove to the composer that there's a market, however small, for his score, and if he's anything like DiCola, he'll find a way to get it to us.

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    thats actually a very good idea. ^^ But f i go to Botcon wil be next year. I dont thnk i can make a good campaing in a year. :p  But there is always next years, right? ^^ I will go find the name of the composer then. thanks!

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, for sure. I think even having something by next year's Botcon would be optimistic. First the composer has to have an interest in putting a CD together. Then the CDs have to be manufactured. Then there's legal entanglements regarding who owns the music (whoever owns Beast Machines right now would be legally entitled to a cut of the profits if the CD is music lifted straight from the show). If it's reinterpretations of the music/"music in the Beast Machines style", similar to what Vince DiCola did with his CDs, there's an even bigger gray area AND the composer would need time to, you know, compose.

But anything worth having is worth working for. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and all that.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

It would have like 2 songs on it.

6. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

Robert 'Bob' Buckley is the composer for Beast Machines and many other titles of Mainframe Entertainment during the 1990s(He currently works for Nerd Corp. Entertainment).So far,I have only found one track from Beast Machines that can be found from his website,right here:

Welcome to BobBuckley.com

Truly this is a person that should be a guest for many conventions,as he really has created such wonderful track for those memorable,groundbreaking shows during the Beast Era.

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anyone finds the megatron theme from BM tell me!

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would love to hear a clean version of the Vehicon theme.

9. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

A clean version of the Vehicon Theme can be found at the start of "The Key", although it is only the basic loop without any of the variations.

I have contacted Bob via e-mail several times over the past few years. Prior to Botcon 2007, he mentioned there was a possibility the soundtracks for Beast Wars and Beast Machines might be released as a convention exclusive. Alas, Botcon 2007 came and went (I was there as well) without any such exclusive.

Three years later, I sent another e-mail inquiring as to the status of these scores. Unfortunately he hasn't replied since.

10. Blacktop

Blacktop Decepticon