Beast Machines Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dark Galvatron, May 9, 2009.

1. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Okay....
    So, the other day I was watching a few episodes of Beast Machines and in one episode in particular, I noticed that after becoming enraged and disconnecting with his Emperor-style body harness, converting back into dragon mode and then going back into robot mode 1: the one without the harness, that we hardly ever see Megatron's true robot form beneath the harness. In fact, all we ever see is a silhouette of his Transmetal 2 robot mode, but never see it in full light. And the first time he converts to robot mode, we still only get small glimpses of his body. Whats up with that?

2. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

He really wanted to purge the beast mode out of him and his harness is suppossed to do just that. Plus he controls Cybertron from it. I think he also hid himself because he didn't want to show that he had a beast form.

3. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

bingo

4. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I think there's a bit more to it than that. Megatron blamed organics for his defeat and the original Megatrons defeats on Earth. That lead to his hatred of all things organic and caused him to subvert his animalistic parts and try to rid himself of it altogether. However the transmetal driver had well and truely bonded "the beast" to his spark permanently and he found he could not simply reformat into a purely robotic form, which ticked him off royaly. By the time the Maximals catch up to him his subvertion of his beast self has caused a split in his consiousness that shows between his two forms. When he loses his temper he "hulks out" and the dragon takes over. The harness is meant to control this but doesn't totally work, obviously. The reason we never get a good look at his robot mode is he both hates it and fears it due to it's organic nature. When the beast takes over and he goes to dragon mode, his natural instinct keeps him from stepping out into the open for fear that his other self will again subvert it at the first oportunity, not really understanding that hiding in this way is pointless. In other words, he's trying to hide from himself no matter whose in control.

5. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Hmmm, good point. I never really looked at it that way. Personally, I also find the harness to be a rather cool looking robot mode in its own right. Its a shame Fans Project never created one for the BM Era Megatron figure. I remember watching Beast Machines and I was just blown away, because aside from the Vehicon Generals, Megatron was actually the only villain in this series.

6. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Awesome

7. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    It always stuck in my mind that the whole premise of beast machines was pretty much very thin on details....megatron delivers a transformation virus....Check...then extracts the sparks from the whole population of cybertron...huh? with what army? and how?

he just takes out the whole decepticon/autobot/maximal/predacon factions with no resistance?....

ok...he could count on the transformers being locked in their alt modes...but common...there were/are some bad ass alt modes out there...the city bots...the headmasters and target masters had some amped out altmodes...i just never could accept that one transformer with one virus could go gangster like that and take the planet...and then try to control the planet using that harness contraption...

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best Megs ever.

His motivation and his plans were the most shocking and disturbing ever presented in TF fiction... he wanted genocide of his own race for genetic purity's sake, then domination and control of what came thereafter. A long way from the goofy schemes and ultimate-weapon-of-the-week we got from every other Megatron.

9. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    The only problem with that is that Megatron never subjected himself to the Transmetal 2 driver, he was changed from bonding himself with G1 Megatron's spark, with changes from the magma. Of course, it could have the same result, but Primal had the same thing happen, and he reverted to his original form (which makes little sense anyway, because that body was destroyed. His body would have reverted to his transmetal form)

10. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Now granted it has been a while since I watched the series, my understanding was that the virus was a bit more expansive than just a "transformation lock".

Granted that is how it worked in the Maximals, but Rhinox and Silverbolt were more effected than the others, who were all kinds of souped with "quantum waves" and what not.

The way I understood it, the virus basically paralyzed "normal" cybertronians, and the vehicons were built to hunt down those few who (for whatever reason like the Maximals) not taken offline by the virus proper.

11. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

I guess when it boils right down to it we should be thankful we at least got a Megatron with some common sense over the years that Beast Wars/Beast Machines was on. Otherwise, had it been G1 Megatron or Galvatron, Cybertron wouldn't have lasted a day with either of them behind the harness.

12. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Not true. The transmetal driver fell into the lava pool along with BW Megs and G1 Megs' spark. It was the combination of the 3 that produced TM2 Megs. Good point about Primals body though, I never caught that.

And Primal's change to his Optimal form was more a result of his contact with the matrix than anything else. He is not a TM2 tech. His body took on 2 new vehical modes, while all TF's subjected to the TM driver became more animalistic in both appearance and attitude. That's what I think really pisses off Megatron, deep down he realizes that it was his own device that truely bonded him with his beast parts, now he can't get rid of them.

Also notice that the 4 Maximals least affected by the virus were the ones with transmetal bodies. Megatron was unaffected too. Rhinox and Silverbolt were easy pickins because they were as defenceless as the rest of Cybertron ('Bolt was a fusor, but had no TM component). I think Megatron counted on the transmetal process being an insulator against the virus from the start.

13. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    When was the transmetal driver dropped in the lava with him? I don't remember seeing that

14. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I'd have to go back and watch to be sure, but I think it's at the end of Crossing the Rubicon, after it upgrades BA she either tosses it in, or it falls in. Now that you've challenged me I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I'm 85% sure we see the lava pit as the drivers final resting place.

15. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    funny...i thought trarantulus blew it up when he tried to extract the vok from tigerhawk...i am glad i got beast wars and beast machines downloaded via bit torrent a couple of months ago...gotta watch those again...been too long...

16. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    I do believe that Tarantulas got his hands on it

17. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

So do I, now that I look back at Season 3 of BW.

18. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im pretty sure it goes,

BA tosses in lava,
    megs falls in for new body,
    tarantulas gets it out

i would also love a custom FP of the megatron cloak and helmet version with drone, would be pretty sweet!

19. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure it goes like this:

Feral Scream Part 1 - Depth Charge throws the driver into the lava, but it is retrieved be Black Arachnia before it can be destroyed.

Crossing the Rubicon - Black Arachnia uses the driver in a failed attempt to "go transmetal", and then fails causing her shell program to deteriorate. After she "dies" the driver resurrects her as a TM2.

Master Blaster - Megatron gains access to the ark and places G1 Megatron's spark into his chassis. He is then thrown into the lava, by Quickstrike in the Optimal Optimus control armor, upon which he reemerges as a TM2. Tarantulas is then thrown into the lava for his incompetence.

At no point is the driver ever explained where it comes from, who has it after BA turns TM2, or where it goes.

20. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:

meh, close :)