Beast Machines Fossils

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Savage590

Savage590 Cybertronian Werewolf

Ebay:
    I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out how Jetstorm turn into the condor Silverbolt when all he scanned were the bones of a bat and a T-Rex.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's my problem with BM...if Cyberton had organic life in the past then where do the Primus and the Quints come into place? For example, did Primus create organic life initially?

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I was thinking Cybertron as an "Earth like" planet at one stage not Earth itself.

Thing is though you cant really label or place BM into any of the G1 mytho's. They dont just connect smoothly, and trying to make such a connection is, at least in my opinion a futile one.

The whole Primus concept especially, as he probably wasn't even considered or conceived of, or even known or been aware of by the writers of the show when it was done. If you asked any of the writers of the show, with the exception of Marv Wolfman, they would probably be like "Primus what?!".

This is really why I think, and I've said this repeatedly, that you really have to view BM as completely separate entity from G1 and most of BW, otherwise it just makes your brain hurt.

4. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

The idea of cybertron being the distant future earth was used in the superman comic Red Son where the Krypton Kal-L came from was actually the future earth, after the sun turned into a red giant. And not only that, the L in Kal-L stood for Luthor. I loved that comic. 3 issues told the perfect story.

Anyway, I like the idea that Cybertron was once a planet with life that died and turned into an asteroid like hunk of rock. Beast Machone however is best thought of as an alternate universe. We could also assume Primal was just insane like Megatron said.

5. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I too, am an advocate of the idea that Cybertron was once Organic before it got terraformed into a mechanical planet. There was this one time I had alot alot of time on my hands (such is life serving my compulsory 2 years of National Service) and came up with this immensely convulted and complicated theory to tie in Comic continuity to Cartoon continuity to make it relate to Beast machines, even incorporating primacron from the "Call of the Primitives" episode. Sure Transformers is just a fictional universe, but coming up with such theories sure helps relieve boredom.

Taking a page from the comics continuity, so primus was trapped in this barren celestial rock. In his state he was pretty powerless, so he created the 13 original Transformers to help reshape his prison. Their leader, Prima, the first Prime at first populated planet with organic life, which were later dubbed the "primitives"
    (hence the term used in the "call of the primitives" episode). At some point later in Cybertron's history, as in most of the other theories here, either a natural disaster wiped them out or an outside force terraformed the planet into the Cybertron we know today (Quints, naturally forming gears,or whatever). But the organic part of cybertron was protected by Prima at the core of Cybertron, hence th organic core in BM. The planet itself wants to return at least partially to its organic "primitive" roots, albeit gradually in stages. Hence organic based Alt modes slowly crept into the Transformers "genepool". These transformers would also share the "primitve" moniker. Eventually it would progress to the Beast wars organic alt forms stage and then the final evolution of the beast machines techno organic stage.

The other half of my theory is not directly related to the subject at hand so, I shall not state it in full less i go off-topic. Long story short, Prima got corrupted by Unicron's mental powers, became Primacron, and under his will rebuilt Unicron into his Planet eater form, was betrayed and lost all memories of his life as Prima hence nicely tying into "Call of primitives"

God I'm such a geek.

6. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get your point but I felt that since the writers could use so much G1 materials from both the G1 cartoon and G2 comics (Vox is the swarm), they could have gone further with the Primus concept.

7. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    IMHO, they could've introduced one or a couple of the BM Dinobots in the show....but I guess that's one minor gripe I had with a still wonderful TF series.

8. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

well ive got some food for thought.
    its never 'proven' that the planet that the BW characters land on, is earth.
    the BW characters are from G1's far off future.
    going back in time, period, as well as megs doing what he did do with the disk, changed that realities earth, from G1 earth anyway.
    what if, at the end of beast wars, the ship only traveled through time, and not space, and landed on the future virsion of 'that earth'
    the other fact is, not all of the pods were picked up.
    the rest of the protoforms scan dinosaurs, or animals... eat all the humans, animals, plants, on earth, and through time, earth evolves into a new Cybertron anyway, with the transformers being the only lifeforms at all.

they can even get contact to the original cybertron, within time.

and somewhere in there, megs falls back on the planet takes control, being megatron... the BW ship stops thier time travel, and presto, new show.

- this also is an answer to, how Waspinator is in BM
    - Nightscream is one of the original protoforms that have organic 'animal' forms...
    - Botanica is easy... after the Protoforms killed the humans and animals, a new protoform comes online scans for an alt mode... no vehicles, no animals, and is forced to scan a plant.

for the Continuity buffs, you can then tie in other cartoons, too. the whole time between BW and BM, could be Animatros, from Transformers Cybertron.

9. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually it was proven that the BW characters landed on Earth when there was one moon and the fact they went into the arc. AS for my theory:

Cybertron was originally a planet with life. Primus crashed into the planet wiping out all life. Because he was a source of good, he felt guilty for what had happened. He changed the now dead planet into Cybertron and created the original 13. The Quints came and explored the planet and created their creatures from organic material underground. They then conquered the original 13 and mass produced them as slaves. Primacron was manipulated by Unicron and created his body.

10. Eamonn Prime

Eamonn Prime Active Member

I'd always seen Cybertron as an earth-like planet originally too. The cartoon and comics continuity wildly diverge, so I think it's only fair if Beast Machines does too.

If you look at the end of War Within (Vol. 1) #4 (I think) Megs and Op are transported by the Matrix to an Earth-like planet showing a lot of construction in the background. In the following issue, they show it IS Earth, specifically the scene atop Sherman Dam. However, just before they are transported, there is a lot of talk about the past of the Transformer race and their history. My belief is that Furman initially intended to show that Cybertron was an Earth-like planet that had started to allow technology to take over. Eventually, it leads to AI, possibly a Terminator like revolution, and then, millions (perhaps tens of millions) of years later, we have the 'Bots and 'Cons we all know and love, and a Cybertron built over said planet. This is also alluded to in the Nightbeat on-shot. My guess is that Dreamwave found it too confusing and wanted to simplify it by changing the scene to the familiar Sherman Dam fight. Of course, all of this is completely conjecture.

In any case, think of how much it would add to the story if Megs found this out and was using it to justify his desire to conquer other planets, to carry on this natural "evolution" (as did Jhiaxus). Maybe Prime might even have to wonder whether or not he's on the right side.

Can you say "emotional crisis"?

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I like your explaination especially with the Quints...ties in perfectly with G1 cartoon (Quints creating TFs) and G1 comics (Primus being the creator)