Beast Machines Fossils

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Dec 3, 2006.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I was just wondering if people have any theories to how fossils of Earth creatures got to the core/underground of Cybertron in Beast Machines? I like to think that maybe sometime 300 yrs before Beast Wars ago during or After the Great War maybe Perceptor or some scientist brought some animals back to Cybertron to study or something. Because we do see some of old Cybertron underground too so maybe the animals bones were down there as well. Any other theories?

2. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    beast machines sets up that cybertron used to be a planet similar to earth with organic life. Its just that the emchanic portions have been built entirely over it.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's funny how BM used so much G1 lore and still threw out the whole origins of Cybertron from season 3 stuff.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just not funny "ha ha".:wink:  My guess the fossils (and vegetation) got on Cybertron from an early Space Bridge accident. Now that would be funny, the whole idea of BM being based on an accident. :lol 

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    There was some 'Organic' life on Cybertron in G1 Season 3, in the episode 'Grimlocks new brain' at the end, the Dinobots are fishing for organic-looking fish.

6. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    I prefer to believe that exists in Cybertron some restricted area with earth life bring at an specific moment but not the entire Cybertron.

7. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Well in the season 3 episode "Dweller in the Depths" the cavern in which the Autobots and Decepticons were in was more stone then metalic.

So I guess one could theorize that Cybertron was a planet but was conquered and teraformed by the Quints to build their robot factory. Besides unless the Quints got those animals from other planets, there had to have been organic life on Cybertron otherwise how'd they make the Transorganics

8. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

I'm more of a comic-continuity guy, but with the little change that they Keeper mistold the story, that Primus didnt crash into an asteroid but a planet

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    yes that makes sense, maybe the fossils were from left over experiments with organics since they said their experiments failed.

10. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

How's this:
    Cybertron is the future of Earth.
    The War didn't just knock it out of it's spacial orbit, but also it's temporal orbit as well....

11. Dragma

Dragma Active Member

Well, that would explane why the Transformers and Humans are so closely tied, as well as their huminoid appearance.

12. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Seems to me that it would be more unlikely if there were NOT Earth animal fossils on Cybertron. At the time Beast Machines takes place, Transformers had been in contact with Earth for umpti-ump hundreds of years.

Of course a Cybertronian scientist would bring fossils to Cybertron to study in all that time. Intelligent beings are a currious bunch.

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Oooooohhhhhhh.... But I like that theory. A lot.

14. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Well, funny as that may be, it could still serve as an explanation, I suppose.

I just don't dig the story that Cyb. was one an Earth-like planet that harbored organic life...seems to go against everything else in the TF Universe.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I've always had an ongoing personal theory on this myself.

My reasoning is the Cybertron portrayed in BM is first of all not linked to G1 or BW all that much if at all, so I really dont factor them in.

My theory is that Cybertron was once an organic world like Earth, and was a world very much like prehistoric Earth that existed millions upon millions of years before Cybertron became well Cybertron. Not like Dinosaur prehistoric Earth but just a planet that was covered in plant life with animals and so forth, kinda like the Earth that was portrayed in the first season of BW. That world died out through a cataclysmic disaster of whatever sorts and essentially left a dead world behind. Then through some means or another a "Quintison like" or similar race, maybe even a race of TF's, came along and built the current Cybertron over top of the now dead world. This to me also explains why in the show there seems to be so many layers to Cybertron as showed in BM and why there are all the fossils and bones and dirt at the lowest levels of Cybertron in BM.

Kind of a weird theory but this is what I always kinda imagined it to be.

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    theres some cool theories here...i like the possibility of cybertron being earth...thats crazy nutty time travel pookyness....

17. jon

jon That dude from the forest

News Credits:
    i had a theory like soundwave had about the organic cybertron it was :

that a small faction of tfs broke away from the quint slaves because they didnt want to be you know slaves anymore and they found the organic cybertron. and at first it was peaceful between the tfs but some of the more powerful ones (forerunners to decepticons obviously) wanted to conquer the planet and use its resources to attack their old masters. and the remaining ones wanted to explore and do research because they have never seen organic life like this before (forerunners to the autobots). and basiclly a battle ensues between the two factions ending with the leader of the bad guys (in my fanfic he was the orginal megatron, while the g1 megatron we know isnt really the orginal just a gladiator warrior that took the name because it could get him an army kinda like what bw megs did) he basiclly turns the organic cybertron into the technilogical one we know. he does it the same way that g1 megs tried to do in the dw comics. so i liked to think that cybertron used to be but the "good guys" failed and cybertron became how we know it basiclly meaning the tfs arent from cybertron at all and that the story goes agianst most tf mytho but i liked teh explanation.

18. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I also like the idea of Cybertron being the future of Earth.

19. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Cheebs:

Then allow me to point you to a thread where Grebo Guru discussed this very same theory. It was a favorite of his:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.toys.transformers/browse_thread/thread/40e22d115df67626/

My theory? Well, obviously, the fossils got there the same way Earthen fossils did. They were artificially constructed by the planet's super-intelligent Magrathean builders.

20. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

I don't think the fossils were from Earth. That bat skeleton was the same size as the Maximals were. This animal would have been the same size as a man.