Beast Machines dvds and revisiting old gripes...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Psychrome86, Mar 4, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i'd rather have BM continue than watch more of the TF we got lately (Armada/Energon/Cybertron) which i thought was crap

2. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remembered that reason, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It reminds me of the little old ladies who vote for the incumbent in presidential elections because he's the president and it's their duty.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    They remind me of the Praetorian Guard of Rome; loyalty to Rome above all else, or in this case to Cybertron.

4. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Except Obsidian and Strika are ACTUALLY loyal. :) 

Again, I'd just like to say how much they remind me of Shockwave. I get the sense Shockwave would've been happy to babysit Cybertron for any faction currently in charge. He just seemed to care about the planet, not who's running it.

This statement struck me. I'd also rather watch a continuation of Beast Machines than almost anything else, as long as it was with a different writing team.

5. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

That's why I'm hoping the next comic miniseries by IDW isn't a second Beast Wars, but rather a Beast Machines series. That way they can fix all the crap that was wrong with it, including changing the ending or adding on to it.

I still would have liked to see a Predacon have to join the Maximals to help save the planet... Maybe Quickstrike or Hammerstrike (or whatever the shark was named) Would they get along? Would he turn on them and join Megatron? *gasp* The suspense!!

6. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well it depends on which version of Shockwave you follow.

The namby-pamby cartoon version or the ruthless, logical bastard of the comics.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Now THAT was a damn good Shockwave, as opposed to the wussy the cartoons got lumbered with.

8. TrooperMaximus

TrooperMaximus Well-Known Member

I rather like to think that the toy line characters were created after the reformatting of Cybertron. I agree with you, it would be neat to see BM Quickstrike remember the Beast Wars and be at odds with Cheetor and crew.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know a lot of folks wouldn't but some stories about Maximals and whoever on "Green Cybertron" would be of interest to me. Since a lot of fans don't like a techno-organic Cybertron, it stand to reason a lot of Cybertronians wouldn't be too crazy about it either, whether rogue Maximals, Predacons, leftover Vehicons, or any other Cybertronians returning to the planet after the fact. In any case, there's gotta be conflict.

10. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Too true. I like the cartoon version for his combination of intelligence and obedience (so rare in a Decepticon), and the comic version for the reasons you named.

I've read at least 5-6 bits of fanfiction along those exact lines. None of them were quite what I'd like to see from it, but Dave Van Domlen's was close. I think stories set post-Beast Machines have the opportunity to get just a little political, which would be fun. Kind of like if Beast Machines was Dune, I'd like to see the BM equivilent of Dune Messiah and Children of Dune.

11. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Well, I downloaded the first season (thank you torrents! :)  I now have all of G1, all of BW, all of Galaxy Force (Japanese Transformers Cybertron) and now all of BM! RID, Armada, and Superlink (Japanese Energon, cuz American version sucked), you guys are NEXT!) And after seeing the first three eps, I have to say, it ain't bad. But I'm already starting to see some of the negatives everyone pointed out (Only one I saw was Rattrap being a wimp), but I try to get through it. As for Jetstorm's voice...I didn't know Mainframe was trying to hire cheesy game show hosts as voice actors. But Thrust....oh my God. He is FREAKIN' COOL! He definitely sounds like the bad boy of the Vehicons. And even when I find out he's ole' Waspy, I won't care, because I guess after being on prehistoric Earth for too long would drive you insane. Well, I plan on watching some more of it tonight, and maybe think about saving money for BM Thrust. :) 

12. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

You might want to consider the basic-sized cycle drone instead. It's wonderfully show-accurate. I would imagine it's a little cheaper, too.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm so glad the characters in the show actually look like the toys nowadays. BM had very nice designs, especially for Tankor and Thrust. The show is way off from the toys, either in design or size. That's my biggest gripe about Beast Machines.

14. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I've only seen ONE episode of Beast Machines, 'cause I guess I just wasn't into Transformers around that time (probably mostly because of Star Wars Episode I coming out). Anyway the episode I've seen is "Spark War pt. 1 The Strike" where they introduce Obsidian and Strika.

I've read about it on the Internet and know what happened to the characters like Jetstorm and Tankor (how they were originally Silverbolt and Rhinox) and everything. I'm going to eventually get this set.

Anyway, Nightscream never bothered me. Actually one of my favorite quotes is from him:
    Silverbolt: "Until the threat of Megatron is kwelled... romance is a luxury that will have to wait" (or something like that)
    Nightscream: "Did he really say 'kwelled'?" (THAT'S the funny part :thumbs2:  )

Actually it's pretty funny, even though my forum name is Jetstorm, I've NEVER seen him in an episode, I dunno why I chose that for my forum name...