Beast Machines dvds and revisiting old gripes...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Psychrome86, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am just going to say these little facts:

Nefud, I am a moderator, no Super Moderator, on this board.
    That makes me qualified to slap you down and remind you that everyone has there own opinions and no matter how many letters you have after your name does not give you the right to proclaim that your opinion is fact. It also gives me the right to ban you if you continue on your little high horse. Consider yourself warned.

To everyone else in this thread, calm down and respect everyone else opinions.
    It's only a god-dam catroon.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I always thought it was funny how some people who don't like the show seem to take it as a personal attack whenever someone says they like the show.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I see Beast Machines still has the ability to bring out the worst in people. That's what happens when you use your soul to fight your enemies. :D 

4. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

wow, what did i start? i see this show still hits some real soft spots in some people.

He probably thought he was going to look more like Op Op or Megatron and not the dragon.

now there's a good story device. surprised someone with a degree couldn't see that. :D 

5. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    Well to note Megatron did not want to get ride of his dragon mode, he wanted to get ride of the organic side with out getting rid of the technological machine side. Which in knowing this, he did keep the technology he gain from the original Megatron during the Beast Wars. We know this from when he became trapped in Savage Noble's body. His spark came out in the wrong form. The Mega Head was what he designed with his current knowledge of the latest technology to be the perfect Technologicial being with out being infested with organics. You have to put this into perspective that Megatron landed in Cybertrons past, some questionable years ago, and when the maximals came out in the future time, Megatron had created a number of virius that he had with in him back during all the testing of the Transmetal technology during the Beast Wars.. So then the Megatron up grade he had to become a dragon would be out dated and no longer current technology. Just best guess scenerio...

6. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I always assumed Megatron wanted to get rid of his beast mode's organic elements because when Primal ripped the original's spark from his body and then he fell into the transwarp timestream vortex thingy he kind of went a little on the Galvatron side, if you take my meaning.

He was plagued with the loss of his ultimate power; he might even have been unable to distinguish himself from the original Megatron's personality because unlike Primal he did not relinquish the original's spark willingly and thus it was possible that Megatron's more cunning nature from the Beast Wars was partially lost to such a degree that he failed to realize the ultimate flaw in his plan to make himself the dominant spark of Cybertron. (That being that you can't really eliminate free will; though Megatron came damn close to achieving that, after all we only ever saw the Maximals and Predacons I'm sure as hell there'd have to be some Autobots and Decepticons left around who could have probably really stuck it to Megatron despite his power expansion.)

Anyway; I wish I could snag all three seasons of BW and the BM set on DVD, alas right now I don't have that kind of cash, but damn it I really want to see crisp images and both series again, I enjoyed them both for what they were. A nice escape from the tumultuous life of a teenager; and Beast Wars will forever be my all time fav with BM coming in a close second.

7. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

I think in Canada it is still on YTV, Friday nights. The last time I watched it (couple weeks ago), it was near the end of the seris. I know I will not be dvd-arific, but It would be nice to see how it ends again.

8. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got through the DVDs, I never saw this show when it was originally aired. After watching the DVDs though I can say it entertained me. I can't analyze a TV series for plot or character development, which people appear to be using in their arguments so maybe that is why I liked it. I simply became a mindless zombie in front of the TV watching the show an enjoy it for entertainment value alone.

9. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

For the record, I have a Biology degree, but I slept through my English Lit classes and earned straight A's. The cognitive skills of most English Lit majors failed to impress me. What does that mean? Not much as a whole, as the statistical sampling is pretty insignificant. But it does mean you need to do more than wave a piece of paper to prove your point.

10. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

My God that is wrong on so many levels. Science, engineering, surgery - not opinions. Screw up the building, it collapses. The rocket blows up. The patient dies. You can be wrong in these fields - irrefutably wrong, in fact.

If you wanted to complain about the grammar and sentence structure used in BM dialogue, maybe a degree could back you up. But if you are arguing whether the series was "good" - a value judgement determined by the effect the series has on an individual- you may as well bring the diploma with you into the john.

11. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

Jetstorm made the show! Had it not been for his "psycho" nature I'm not sure I would've watched it for very long. Well, yeah I would have, but his character was one of the better aspects of the show. I hated when he became Silverbolt.

I did like Obsidian and Strika, though.

12. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

I use to think when I was a kid that Beast Machines was the worst thing ever and never watched it. But seeing the DVDs made me relize that it wasn't a horrible show at all, in fact I liked it, especially the last episode. Yes I know, the look for the characters sucks compared to Beast Wars, but if people got past that there is a really great show. But I guess I just had a change of heart and now realy like the show.

13. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

Agreed, I never really liked Silverbolt in this series. I was happy that he didn't come back the as the same character that he was in BW, but he was missing something. His beast mode was the worst in the bunch too!

14. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

That was one aspect of the show I really enjoyed. Obsidian and Strika were a fantastic touch. I especially liked that they didn't just haul a few G1 sparks we already knew out of mothballs. They're the only characters I can picture Shockwave hanging out and having a beer with.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not a really big BM fan but I got the DVD set because it's a (small) part of TF History. Re-watching the episodes, I'd have to say that I'm on the side of Tankor. :D  I wish Has/Tak had released a Transformer that really looked like him. I mean I like BM and even Universe Tankor but they don't look a thing like the re-invented Rhinox. I guess this could be said for a lot of the Has/Tak BM TFs. Megatron seems illogical hating his Beast mode while seemingly doing everything to hang onto it. Optimus Primal becomes mentally unstable ( by comparison to BW), but Tankor is the only one to have a really cool plan for ridding Cybertron of organics. ;)  Watching the early eps, I'm trying not to think of the ending where Cybertron becomes overgrown with plants. I have to admit it, but BM is the only TF series where I side with the bad guys. :confused2 

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Try this link If only the Tank Drone were Ultra sized...

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Many thanks for the link. I have the Tank Drone, and I agree that the larger Tankor should have been based on it. Also cool too if the larger Tankor had "mouth funtion" like the show.

18. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Obsidian and Strika remain my favorite TF characters of all time-- they were awesome on so many levels. Which REALLY irks me we didn't get particularly show-accurate toys for either of them. I would've loved a show-accurate Ultra-sized Strika and Mega-sized Obsidian toy.

19. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I can't recall-- as far as the extant toys go were the molds inaccurate, the color schemes inaccurate, or both?

edit: Have you seen the new "Beast Wars Returns" version of Strika? If you're a show accuracy nut like me you'll really enjoy it.

20. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

I thought Obsidian and Strika were Maximal Generals and not Autobot. Unless you meant something else.