Beast Machines DVD set

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Okay I've decided that I'm gonna look into the Beast Machines DVD set

I want to know 2 things

1)From 1 fan to another what's the picture quality and features on this set?For some reason I recall BM being shown on TV in a widescreen format when YTV aired it.But then again since I haven't seen the show for at least 5 years I could be mistaken on that

2)What's the price?Is it the same price set as the G1 DVD sets

2. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

i don't mean to sound rude but who cares about the quality? c'mon bro, how many other BM boxed sets are there to choose from? it's all digital from a digital source. should be the best picture you can get. i own it and it feels just like i'm watching the show on fox kids again.

it's not widesreen, it has a bunch of interviews (david kaye, bob skir, susan blu, the other writer) and commentary for a couple episodes.

depending on who you go to it can be between $35 and $60. i recommend Fry's electronics or deepdiscountdvd.com both have it for $35 DO NOT GO TO BEST BUY it is $60 there

3. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    ^What he said about features and deepdiscountdvd.com

To me the picture quality is better than watching it on Fox Kids, plus no "bug" on the screen too.

4. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'd love to get it too, but Amazon.CA doesn't have it in stock... Hell Amazon.com doesn't either for that matter as far as I could tell, any CANADIAN transfans know if it's even for sale here or can they even sell the BM set in Canada... I mean I never saw the BW sets anywhere on store shelves and it seems Alliance Atlantis has exclusive rights to distribute the BW/BM series from Mainframe up here, which means no stores are willing to stock the Rhino sets. Which is kind of odd if you ask me considering Rhino is the only one to ever release the whole series in Box set format, I mean if AA does have exclusive rights or something you'd think they'd do the box set deal too. :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

5. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I've seen several people say this, but why is it when I saw it at 3 different Best Buy's it was priced $44.99?

6. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

i'd say it depends on your region. here in LA since everyone is rich, including the poor, the prices are jacked up so we can all feel even richer. :) 

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

8. Deszaras

Deszaras In the next episode...

And it's BM.. who cares what the quality is like ;) 

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    My wife's a nurse, and to her, BM stands for something else. Regardless, I'll be buying this set once our income taxes are filed.

10. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    I think its legit to wonder about the quality on a digitally created show on a digital medium. picture and sound should be near perfect from the mainframe source if theres any justice.

if they took it from FOX masters from a lesser source, then its good to know before you sit down to expect pixel perfect.

11. wolfybulfy

wolfybulfy unethical proctologist

there are reviews all around here. i seem to remember that they said the very dark parts that were hard to see originally on tv have been cleaned up and look even better on the dvd set.