Beast Machines DVD Box set: Where's the best price?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Foster, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Even though I have to pay taxes this year, I want to get the BM box set as soon as it comes out. (Shh, don't tell my wife, 'cause then she'll want to get more crappy chick DVDs like Legally Blonde, yuk!) Where is the best online price?

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Amazon.com has it for a little over $40; that's the cheapest I've seen it.

3. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    www.dvdpricesearch.com is your friend!

Looks like DeepDiscountDVD is the current winner at 35.88 + free shipping. Think Best Buy or Circuit City will beat that? I'd rather pick it up at a store, but if I can save five bucks (or more) I'll order it online.

Oh, and I've order through DeepDiscountDVD.com 3 or 4 times with no problems.

- L -

4. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I'lll mirror that comment. I too have used DeepDiscountDVD several times with no problems. Unless it's something I just have to have the first chace I get money, I'll order from them.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Well, if you *can* wait a while after it's released, it will likely show up at stores that carry pre-owned DVDs like CD Warehouse, MovieStop, and Wherehouse Music. And it will probably be 30-60% cheaper than retail.

BW S3 was priced at $12.99 at the MovieStop I found it at, but I got it free with the purchase of two other preowned kids/family titles on their Saturday K&F sale.

6. Galvatron 88

Galvatron 88 The Greatest of Cybertron

if you want it brand new DDD is the best place to shop for all your dvds

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I'm just going to get my a BestBuy since I prefer to physcially pick up my DVDs. This way, I have control over my purchase if the disc rattles (because it is loose), there are boxes bent up, etc. Plus if something is wrong, I can easily return it whereas online I'd have to send it back, wait for whoever to receive it, then wait for them to send me a new copy, and so on.

I'm sure Best Buy will have it on sale for $35-40, which is cool with me. Gilgamesh Vol 5 comes out the same day as well.

I just hope Rhino doesn't screw up the 5.1 audio like they did on BWS1Disc1 and BWS3.

8. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Deep Discount DVD is virtually ALWAYS the cheapest place anywhere to buy DVD box sets, and they have free shipping to boot. They should always be the first place you look for these kinds of things.

Beast Machines is not a high profile release. Places like Best Buy will either not carry it in their stores, or won't likely get it right on the release date, and they definately won't put it on sale and make it a loss leader the first week. Expect it to run you at least $50 there, plus tax.

10. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

you could always buy a good show on dvd, don't forget that option

11. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    DeepDiscountDVD.com is awesome! Most of the time they will have the best price on box sets, plus the previously mentioned free shipping.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yowzers!
    :confused2 

13. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

It probably didn't come across that I was teasing. I always leave the caps and punctuation off when I'm teasing and trying to sound like a doofus.

14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, that's no longer true, lately. Yes, they've got the best price on BM, but Amazon has them beat (the last time I checked) for the already-released Flash set, as well as the upcoming Justice League and Batman Beyond sets. And shipping is free from Amazon as long as your order is $25 or more.

But yes, DDD is, overall, awesome. I've used them for years.

Yeah, the only b&m stores that I would say will most likely have it on the release date would be places like Suncoast. And their price'll definitely be higher than DDD or Amazon - likely $50-ish the first week, then up to MSRP (or, often, more).

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the help! Looking forward to this set (and getting rid of a lot of bulky VHS tapes from the late '90s!)

16. Dr Kain

Perhaps your BestBuy does that, but mine actually cares what they get. I've gotten every other Transformer release from them (well, not Armada or Energon because they don't exist). They will have it just like they will have every volume of Gilgamesh or Batman on their exact release date.

Besides, now that Media Play is no longer around, they've been getting even more stuff in that they usually did not.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    There is an Armada DVD box set out, the first half of the series. Can't bring myself to watch it most times, though.

18. Dr Kain

No no no. What I meant by they do not exist was not that DVDs don't exist, but that the shows never existed. As far as I'm concerned, Transformers ended with Beast Machines. :thumbs2: 

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ah. Well, as long as you acknowledge that the Unicron *toy* exists, I can't say I have a problem with that. :lol 

20. Dr Kain

I have 2 of them, so... Besides, it is just a G1 Unicron in an Armada box with colors different from the movie just like how a lot of G1 TF looked different from their show counterparts. :D