Beast Machines Continuity Error

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mr_K, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey all,

I'm guessing this has probably been brought up over the years, but I haven't been able to find an answer to the question yet so thought I'd ask here.

I've only just started watching Beast Machines (just out of interest - to see how the Beast Wars finished off)...and in the first episode I've noticed that Megatron has retained his TransMetal 2 Dragon self but none of the others have.....why is this? and why do none of them in the show seem to notice this either? I mean, Optimus went through so many changes in the Beast Wars show that it got funny, and now in the next continuing series he's magically back to his original Beast Wars season 1 self.

Any answers are appreciated.

Cheers,

Mr K

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I think it had something to do with the fact that the Maximals were infected with his virus and he was not. The virus caused the maximals to loose their forms. That's what I always thought.

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you've only just started watching, then you might find then answer later in the series.

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yes. I'm pretty certain they mention it at some point. It reverted them back to their base modes, and prevented them from transforming.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also consider that Megatron made the virus, so he probably protected himself from its effects.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Finish the show and then see if your question is answered or not :) 

7. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

yeah just wait and see.

8. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alrighty, will do then :) 

9. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I'll try my best to summarize:

Megatron escaped the autobot shuttle while it was traveling back to the future cybertron, therefore arriving on cybertron years, maybe even centuries before the maximals got back to cybertron. He had plenty of time to develop his plans and all, and by the time (future) that the maximals got back from the past, the virus had already been distributed and megatron was already in control over the entire planet.

10. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

It had to be centuries considering that as far as we know Waspinator didn't have any time travel tech but somehow managed to get back either before or near the same time as the Maximals as well. Of course how exactly he managed other then flying under his own power was never explained.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    What I've always wanted to know is:
    How long after Megatron took over Cybertron did the Maximals arrive?

12. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

Megatron wanted to control all the Transformer's Spark's, so he infected the entire planet with a virus. The virus prevented the transformers from being able to transform, this allowed Megatron to easily steal the spark of EVERY Transformer (except for Nightscream and Salvage?). The Maximals were also infected but the Oracle (Vector Sigma), reformatted them so they could transform.

As for the fact that Megatron still had his Red Dragon beast mode! This was the irony of it all, because he wanted to rid the planet of all the disgusting beast modes (yet he had a beast mode).

13. bw_rhinox

They never said how long it was, but it could not have been too long because Megatron's plan was to combine all of the sparks yet by the time the Maximals showed up he had not done it yet.

14. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    He probably savaged the trans-warp cell from the nemesis or the pred's ship.
    Maybe tarantulus had a cell or 2 in his lair and waspy borrowed it.
    Maybe the nemesis had a shuttle of it's own just like the ark

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Beast Machines IS a continutity error. :lol 

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I hate to tell you this but even if they never mentioned the cause of the change it wouldnt be considered a "Continuity error".

It would be a "Plot Hole".:wink: 

But as the others mentioned it is pretty much reveled later in the series.

But even the explaination has a flaw to it.

As I'l point out in a sec.....
    And there it is.....All the characters were reverted to the base modes that those bodies once held.......all but Optimus Primal.

Optimus Primal was reverted to a form that the body he had NEVER held.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yup. We know he made it back long before them, but taht time was spent gaining control of Cybertron.

Waspinator had four million years to find his way back to Cybertron. I'm sure at some point he was able to find a ride. (Primus knows he rode a comet or something. It IS Waspinator, after all)

Many people beleive the virus (actually more of a nerve gas) used some means of tapping into their minds to find there most vulnerable (considering their surroundings and their forms before the BW) forms they remembered. (their original beast forms) Hence why Primal was in his first monkey form, as it was his most vulnerable state he could remember. (especially given the means of how they were all transformed in the first place, it seems more realistic that the virus would just reformat them instead of actually physically devolving them)

BWTF.com had a clearer explanation, but since it's down I can only go from what I recall.

18. bw_rhinox

Actually Optimus Primal was reverted to his Beast Wars Season 1 beast mode.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I really hated Megatrons wi-fi virus. If it had ONLY wiped out their memories that would have been better. But to create a virus that could actually downgrade them too was just plain stupid.
    If that were true then Megatron could have easily reverted himself as well without having deleted his memory.
    But then again...remaining a TMII Megs was probably the most powerful Transformer on the planet with that kind of tech.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    A body that was blown up in a transwarp explosion.

Actually, it's probably the smartest move he made getting rid of Op Op. I wouldn't want to fight that guy. (remember how powerful Megs was when he copied his body? Yeah, no thank you. I'd rather Fuzzimus Primal die slowly than tangle with Truck/Monkey)

The "virus" was also the cause of their illness and they would have died from it. I'm betting Megs was not to keen on dying, so saught other means. Also, the Diagnostic drone pointed out (in a non-serious egging-on manner) that Megatron, deep-down, still wanted to keep his beast mode. That obviously touched a nerve so maybe it wasn'y so far-fetched.