Beast Machines Confusion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NexusPrime, Dec 28, 2005.

1. NexusPrime

NexusPrime The finder of Gears

Ok just something I was thinking of when I was watching Beast Wars.

How did Megatron take over cybertron, yes I know he had that virus. But wouldnt they notice a falling part organic transformer falling from the sky.

And if the predacons were after him wouldnt anyone notice him?

Surely he would need some accomplies's to help him create the virus and the vehicons?

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't remember that they ever explained it thoroughly enough. All they said was Megatron broke free, somehow unleashed the virus and took over in the time it took the maximals' ship to crash, and sent his new drones after them.

I'm not even sure if they thought it through that well when they planned the series. It feels more like a "hey, let's have Megatron in control of the planet so the good guys have to run and hide all the time" kind of thing.

3. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

The thing is when he broke off of the ship, they where not to Cybertron yet and they where in Transwarp, so when Megs got free, he fell out of TW and was still in the past, so he had alot of time to get to Cybertron, and start his plans in secret, so in esence, the timeline changed, because he was able to start the virus when no one knew who he was, it was before the Beast Wars stated and maybe even before any of the Bots in the BW where bilt.
    the bots in the shuttle were not changed because the were protected by the transwarp effect.
    so that is why they get to Cybertron, and the definces turned on them, Megs had been waiting for them for a very long time.
    I hope this makes sinse.

4. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Agreed. The key ingredient here is the time. Megatron could well have had thousands of years to mastermind his take over of Cybertron, so the precise details don't really need to be filled in.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yup.

Something like while in mid-transwarp, Megatron broke free and, in consequence, landed on Cybertron a few decades before the Maximals landed, so when they did, the entire race of Transformers had been wiped out, save for Nightscream. In that time frame, Megatron also somehow managed to get Waspinator back from Earth.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Interesting thread. Can't wait for those Beast Machines Dvds to come out.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Botcon comics touched on this somewhat - upon his return to Cybertron, Megatron hooked up with his old mentor, Cryotek, who duplicated his beast mode, but was sent into stasis lock by the experience. Megatron then plundered Cryotek's inventions, which he used to create the virus, Vehicons, spark-extraction technology, etc, all the faster.

8. Cakir

Cakir Yeehaw

An animated series whick explains all this(Megatrons hate toward Organics, his "not transmetall II, kinda organic" Beast Mode, the virus) could be really awesome. The best thing about this would be, that at the series finale Megatron would win, and the good guys would fail and lose everything.

9. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Megatron's real method of taking over Cybertron and when he landed and how he got all the vehicons together is a lot better theorized than visualized.

I'll refer you to the star wars prequels as a perfect example of how to take all the mystery and wonder out of a back story by bullet pointing every event. my favorite bits of the vader origin now are where Sidious came from, who ordered the clone production, and whether anakin was a virgin birth. the stuff never explained.

Yeah, a Megatron story might have some value, lord knows War Within proved prequels can still provide entertainment and surprises. But I shutter at more convention comics trying to explain past continuity with exclusive recolors...

10. DarkAngelPrime

DarkAngelPrime Lawful Good

Another element that's not quite so overt, but for which you get an idea is that since the Great War ended and the two factions have been at peace, Cybertron has become very demilitarized. There seem to be a lot of exploration vessels (Primal's and Botanica's), but we don't hear anything about war vessels. The Transformers are at least a generation (whatever that means for Transformers) removed from living in the midst of war, and some elements of the Great War have fallen into legend rather than concrete history. Essentially, you have a planet full of beings living in peace, perhaps with some tension from the Predacons, but generally undisturbed and completely unprepared for the massive onslaught that Megatron unleashed.

11. NexusPrime

NexusPrime The finder of Gears

A funny thing came into my head today, at the end waspinator is restored to his wasp form and i got the thinking that we could see a love triangle between botanica, rattrap and, waspinator because wasps and bees love flowers lol

12. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Err. We know where Sidious Comes from. Naboo. There's no hidden subtext, there. As for the clone production and a more explicit explaining of exactly who created Anakin (if you can't already guess) that was all kept in in the novel version of Episode III.

13. Draven2575

Draven2575 The name is BLUESTREAK!!

bm was a cluster**** of a series
    thank god it's dead

they also never explained why megs had so many ships taking off/then again he could've conquered the whole galaxy by the time the maximals got out of timewarp
    techno-organic < *

14. Jetplague

Jetplague Michael Bay is evil!

He was more interested in restoring Cybertron to cybernetic perfection. Yes he wanted to rule the galaxy, but I think re-building an entire world in his image occupied his ego. They did leave a massive gap in the story about all that, I was just rather unhappy at the fact that they were trying to end the entire franchise with Cyberton turning into a massive garden of eden.

I thought there was a comic book out that had the prequel to Megatron landing on Cybertron before the Maximals ever did?

15. Draven2575

Draven2575 The name is BLUESTREAK!!

a lot of plot holes
    several people even mentioned where were the other transformers (that weren't on cybertron)... hell even on cybertron's moons

16. butz

butz slippery when wet

I think the bigger question is, "how the hell did Waspinator get to Cybertron?". All we get from the show is him being catapulted with a palm tree... um, no, that wouldn't get him past the earth's trophosphere, let alone into space, and all the way to Cybertron.

17. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Sidious?

BADASS. :rock 

18. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Wasn't the ship Megs, Dinobot, and crew, took a battleship? :peoples: 
    And the Tripredicus consel was getting ready for an uprising, but they may have not been so ready, and Megatron, may have changed the timeline worse then anyone ever knew.

19. misterd

Actually I figure Waspinator made it back to Cybertron long before Megatron. While Waspy was stuck many thousands of years in Earth's past, flying under his own power he simply could not have traveled very far in Earth's solar system, even if he knew where he was going. Thus I imagine Waspinator was nearby when Cybertron was pulled into our system, circa The Ultimate Doom, essentially handing him a shortcut. What happened in between? Who knows. I'm guessing, dimbulb that he is, he chose to hide out and wait for his leader's eventual return.

20. misterd

All the evidence for that was pretty much there in the films. Even if we ignore the fact that the novelizations aren't cannon (if they were, Han would still be shooting first), all they do is confirm what we can deduce from the films, and fill in the blanks for those who simply must have everything spelled out for them.

The clones thing is the one that drives me nuts the most. "Sifodyas" made contact with the cloners immediately after Palpatine rose to power in Phantom Menace. Dooku left the Jedi Order, and Sifodyas "disappeared" at the same time. CONCLUSION: Either Sifodyas was a Sith operative, was killed and had his identity stolen, or was being manipulated by Palpatine (and later was killed). End result was the same: Palpatine had an army ready, and his apprentice gave the Republic a reason to need them.