Beast Machines Cheetor

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Viper_486, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

Was not sure where to post this question, so if I have it in the wrong place, please forgive me.

I found a bunch of BM toys on the shelf at a local Pamida a few months back, so now I have a spare boxed BM Cheetor, and was wondering how much he was worth.

[​IMG]
    Heres a pic I just took of the front of the box.

The box is dinged up a bit, but hes still sealed. (figure he's spent the last few years on one store's shelf or another...)
    I am not really looking for an exact amount, more like I was just wondering what ballpark to put my starting price at if I decide to sell.
    Thanks all!

-Viper 486 out.

2. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm... I would say about $20 if that. I honestly dont know how much its worth, but nice find. I know a pamida by me had one of them and a Rattrap too.

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually I would say not much more than 10... 15 tops.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    that was the first TF I ever had, except for the happy meal ones that were fries and a shake. anywya I seen him go at a recent convention for I think it was about $15 all the misb/mosc Beast Machines were about that price.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    very little. It is crap and most everyone knows it..

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
  7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I got one for $5 US, took him out of the box, hated him, and gave him away for free.

8. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    If you consider turning around the head a "transformer" then by all means.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Practically worthless.

10. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

In that case I'll just throw him back into my closet in my toy room.
    I wasn't expecting solid gold (BM *never* happened, it was all a bad dream) but 5 bucks... not even worth the waste of time listing him.
    Hell, I feel cheated because I was a sucker and paid 7...
    *sigh*
    Thanks anyways, guys.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting, the hate. This is the first TF I purchased as an adult - just on a whim when I saw it on clearance following the end of Beast Machines.

Cheetor is my personal favorite TF character, from my personal favorite TV series (BM), and a darn fine toy. This toy completely reignited my interest in TFs after a 16 year hiatus... and seven years later I have nearly 3000 of them. So yes, some of us have a special place in our heart for this one.

But yeah, probably no more than $10.

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I agree with ams, nice toy. $8.00 tops in that condition.

13. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

I never went mad for the BM line, only ever bought Cheetor and tankor in that line, my vision of this version of cheetor was what he became if he held the Matrix or something.

14. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Night Slash Cheetor is the best one from Beast Machines. I think he's worth a little more.

15. convoyprime

convoyprime soundwave¨kid¨from tfcon

cheebs is that chrome chetor on you site a kitbash? how much for it?

16. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    This is also an import toy for me, for the exact same reason. First one I bought to start the new collection after some time.
    I remember when first transforming it thinking, why it this so effing hard!!?!?'.

I would buy it for 10 bucks in package, but certainly not a holy grail.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The most disappointing aspects of Beast Machines, for me, is embodied in this Cheetor toy. The character models Mainframe developed were not designed with the best interests of a working transforming toy in mind. The toys had to try and attain a physical impossibility based on the CG models. That's the wrong order to me.

I was fooling around with Blast Punch Primal last night and he's underwhelming as well. The head swaps, you fiddle with his hand, and you elongate the legs and flip out the toes. That's it.

The vast majority of this line contain sub-par toys when compared with other lines. The colors are weird, the articulation stinks, many toys can't stand well, and the heroes don't have decent weapons in many cases. Beast Machines was the New Coke of Transformers. It pushed the limits, too far in the opinion of many.

I wouldn't have minded as much if Beast Machines hadn't been a Beast Wars sequel. But they took these popular characters and went on a really silly direction. They should have developed different characters rather than using Rattrap, Cheetor, Rhinox et al. There wouldn't have been nearly the backlash.

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Yes, but the Deluxe Jetstorm mold is one of the best molds in the entire transformers series, imo.

You do have a point however about the overall creativity of the series as they relate to the toys.

It almost looks like the toys were done first then the cartoon was done...

Kinda like Snaggle tooth in the Original Star wars...

19. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That "chome Cheetor" exists only in the magical land of Photoshop, unfortunatly.

20. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see this point very well - the change from BW to BM is definitely jarring, both in terms of the show and the design of the toys.

After seeing a couple of Season 1 eps of BW, I had written it off as completely silly... but when I discovered BM years later, I was blown away - it was dark, foreboding, with overtones of religious extremism, racial genocide, fascism - definitely TFs for grown-ups. There was no getting blown apart and tossed into a CR chamber for some quick repairs... you were fighting to keep your soul from being taken away. I was instantly hooked. I got to know the BM characters first, and had to learn to like the OLD Cheetor, Primal, and Rattrap - all of whom, by comparison, seemed very childish. BM is still the best, as far as I'm concerned. They gave adult fans an adult show, and it still wasn't good enough.

As far as the toys go, there is definitely a high percentage of stinkers in there. However, I'd say Mirage, Tankor, Tank Drone, Deluxe Jetstorm, Obsidian, Sky Streak, (and later Air Attack Optimus Primal and Megabolt Megatron) hold up against most anything else.