Beast Machines Box Set Now Shipping.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Insane Galvatron, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I just got my shipping notice email from DeepDiscountDVD.com. My set is on the way. Anyone else that has preordered this set, watch your in-boxes. If you haven't preordered, what are you waiting for? It's only $35.88 with free shipping!!

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=RHI970189

2. centurian

centurian Recovering Energon Abuser

3. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Yes, but it was buried in the back of a thread just reviewing. I read the title and first post. It's still news because it wasn't supposed to ship til the 28th. Regardless of who gets credit, it's newsworthy and should be frontpaged so the fans can get it early and for the lowest price ( quite a few people in that other thread were unaware of DDD ).

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again, another situation where the "who beat who to post mentality sux" I wouldn't have known this because I don't have time to dig through pages of threads. So let me get this straight, is it only shipping to folks who ordered, or might my Best Buy get it soon?

5. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That price is ok, but what about BestBuy come tuesday? It's possible they will have it on sale for $30. DDD has decent prices, but rarely the best prices.

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Best Buy will not be selling it for anywhere close to $30. Next week's sale circular is already known and BM ain't in it:

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456686

I can't imagine why anyone would be surprised that such a low profile release would not get a huge first week price slash, but whatever. And Best Buy's prices are not so hot these days if it isn't a sale. Don't be surprised if it's close or even at the MSRP of $59.99....which is the price on bestbuy.com, incidentally.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7712353&type=product&id=1492469

7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Back when Star Wars Episode 1 came out on VHS ( 2000? ), I was working for Pepsi. One of my stops was a Wal-Mart. I asked the lady working receiving about the movie and she informed me they already had them, but couldn't put them on the floor until the release date. I was suprised, because it was a good week before release. I asked if I could get one right then and she said no. Basically, retailers get in trouble if they sell so much as one copy early.

So to answer your question, Best Buy probably got them the same time DDD did. But they're most likely in the back and you can't get them til the release date. I'm not sure how DDD can ship them now unless the shipping time will put it in our hands after the release date.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah well, thanks for the info. Only three more days. I can't wait!

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking about it (not that two more days is going to kill me), but I don't think Rhino is as strict about Street date. It may fall into the category like anime or random shit that goes to Best Buy on a daily basis. I might pass by BB and Fry's today to see whats up

10. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Online stores often ship things to customers early with the "intention" that the date the package shows up at your front door is the street date. I say "intention" in quotes because I'm sure that's the story they tell if the studio comes knocking wanting to know why people get things early; Amazon or DDD or whoever can just tell them the estimated shipping was 4 days but it ended up only taking 2 days.

In any case, people in DVD forums regularly report getting packages from Amazon or DDD or other shops several days before street date. It's not that unusual an occurance.

11. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I got a "package too large for your box" notice yesterday. It could be my DVDs. ( Either that or the Pocket PC I ordered from ebay. ) Too bad it'll be Monday night or Tuesday before I can go pick it up. :( 

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that BMs is the worst written part of the Transformers ever. However, I didn't see all the eps so I picked this up for a few laughs. :D  It is a part of Transformers history after all.

13. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Mine came today. Am watching episode two as I type this.

14. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

When did they ship (how many days ago)? Mine was shipped on the 24th. I want my box set already :cry 

15. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you watch the entire serties, you'll get much more than a few laughs.

I love G1 and was raised on G1, but to make the claim the BM is written worse than the G1 cartoons (which, let me repeat, I ADORE) is a bit silly.

16. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I'll be getting my from Best Buy today.

As much as I love DDD, I prefer to walk into a store and personally hand pick my copy as to make sure I get the best conditioned copy. Not just that, but if there is a defect of some kind, I can just walk right back into the store and exchange it rather than having to ship it back, then wait for them to ship me a new one.

Anyway, the guy on Sat said it should be on sale for $39.99.

Oh I can't wait to get out there!! Finally, the last Transformers series to have ever existed is out on DVD!!!

Oh yeah, because a regular price of $44.99 is so close to $59.99. :rolleyes: 

You want to know what ISN'T hot at Best Buy?

Zeta Gundam Vol 1 $23.99
    Zeta Gundam Vol 2 $27.99
    Zeta Gundam Vol 3 $23.99
    Zeta Gundam Vol 4 $27.99

17. Glhboy

Glhboy <font color=red><b>Goes Like Hell....</b></font> Moderator

News Credits:
    went to Best Buy today to get it, couldn't find it. Their computer says pushed back to 3/7/06.

18. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Let's hope DeepDiscountDVD is good for me. They have flat rate shipping to Canada, which is a good thing. Their price including shipping when calculated in Canadian funds is cheaper than Amazon.ca's free shipping regular (and presently unavailable) price. I'm a little anxious about ordering from them, but I really want to get that set and it looks like it's not being released in Canada for whatever stupid reason.

19. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    Yup, Can't go wrong with Deepdiscountdvd.com. Got mine yesterday! The menu screens are 2 f'n sweet. The whole set is really. :rock  :dj 

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still haven't gotten the Beast Wars DVDs, but I'm sure I'll have them all at some point. It'll be my first time seeing the shows whenever I do. I refuse to buy such things at retail seeing as how there are so many better options price wise online. Anyway, like I said, I'll get to buying this eventually.