Minor/Repaint: Beast Machines, Beast Changer

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, Mar 8, 2009.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

This mod was my attempt to improve each mode, a little, but it doesn't really fix anything. It just slightly improves, one aspect, of each mode.

The origonal wings didn't seem to be as large, looking, as the CGI so I used the wings from a "Soul Taker" to replace them. These are a little too large but still helps to make the toy a little more impressive. (I think the toy would have been better in a larger size class). The wings are still removed for the wolf mode since there is no way for the wings to transform anything like the CGI, morphed them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The position the wings are in makes me think that the Beast Changer is, either, attempting to take off, or that the wings are morphing into position
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried to make the back spikes a little more jagged like the CGI was.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second mod was to make the dragon head less visable while in Wolf mode. The Dragon head now hangs on the back since there isn't anyway for the head to be hidden.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The, Wolf, tail has been attached to the dragon, back piece and then the "T" top has been removed from the Dragon neck, so the head can be "un-plugged" and then flipped back. The wings cannot be left on since the tail pivot cannot support the, extra, wing weight.
    [​IMG]

The, Dragon, mouth snapping feature still functions since that feature is part of the Dragon head.

I hope any other BM fans like it.

If you missed them or want a second look, Here a link to my other BM customs
    Sliverbolt
    Black Arachnia
    Optimus

Attached Files:

2. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

I`m loving this whole project,its great to see BM get some much needed love.
    The new wings are a huge improvement & look seemless.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, I love those wings!!...he looks SOOOO much better with these...nice job on the head mod too...:thumb 

Did I mention that I LOVE the look with the new wings?!

Fantastic mod sir....as Spurt said, they look seamless :thumb 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    they might be too large for the CGI, but I think they're just right, honestly. a heavy dragon should have large wings to get him off the ground!

5. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Great job! Those biggers wings make a huge difference, and hiding the dragon head in robot mode - so simple and great!

6. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    This is a huge task to take, and I believe that the only way to make a show accurate version is to have 2 toys painted 2 versions... great job, and the wings work very well.

7. cougarcat13t

cougarcat13t Man In Black!

That is awesome!! Love the new wings!! I think that is the reason I never picked hime up... the wings looked bad in wolf mode. Love how you mad him look in wolf mode now! Awesome work!!

8. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Since you have two in the pictures, why don't you upgrade one into dragon (like you did already) and why don't you repaint the second one into just a wolf mode. With colors and such small upgrades. I think it could look phenominal!

iDD

9. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love this. I'm hoping you have a lot more Beast Machines on the horizon.

10. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Ole Slavage/Noble looks good here. Slightly better then the original.

11. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks, everyone, for the comments and suggestions.

There's only a couple more BM projects, for now, but I may attempt to make a better wolf mode. (I do have a Gargole figure that reminds me of Noble)

This Beast changer (Why did I forget to use the Savage/Noble name?) project was started back near the end of Beast Machines and was sitting with a large bolt and nut holding the wings to the base, until now. Ani Silverbolt got me to finish it.
    Now that I have more skills, maybe I can work some magic on Noble.

Is it possible to get color changing paint?? It was used on G2 toys and other toy lines but I don't recall ever seeing it for sale.

Thanks again

12. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I knew of a few most seem to be insanely expensive, lowest prices between $55-70 a can for some.

Here's a link to a place I've been looking into you could contact them to see if you could use a combo of red to blue.
    Matsui-Color | A Brush with Color By Matsui

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man, you're rocking and rolling with these BM customs! I think you've proven that many of these toys could have been a lot better.

I'm curious as to how your "Classics" customs are coming. Do you have any updates on those?

Keep up the good work, bud :thumb