Beast Machines Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galvatron1998, Mar 20, 2016.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s a fair way to look at it.

Regarding silverbolt, they don’t specifically say anything about removing his shell program, but his also occurred in a different manner. He had a spark extractor strapped to his body and was dunked in organic core liquid (which had been shown in the episode catalyst to be able to revert vehicon generals to their original personality. Also keep in mind we say the angrier/more aggressive side of silverbolt in beast wars episode crossing the rubicon where he nearly murdered tarantulas in cold blood, silverbolts corny do gooder persona gets stripped away when he faces personal tragedy, it’s actually in keeping with his character

• Like Like x 1
  2. Insurgent

Insurgent Well-Known Member

No, Silverbolt was not explicitly said to have had the shell removed. However, he also underwent a full body reformat. And he was a lot closer to Silverbolt of BW than Rhinox was to Rhinox of BW. And we did see in BW, Silverbolt did have a darkness to him. Remember when he nearly straight up impaled a defeated Tarantulas through the spark because he thought the spider had killed Black Arachnia?

When talking about BM characters, it has to be remembered these guys have suffered a terrible trauma. They are not going to act exactly like their BW versions. Which I liked. It was good character development.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Thank you

And asked to your last statement about silverbolta character, I feel the same could be said about Rhinox, As you pointed out what we saw and dark designs I always felt was more his doctor side then it really was a reprogramming

In other words the reprogramming let out his darker side but it really wasn’t in control

• Like Like x 2
  4. Altered Prime

I thought it was great character development and always bark at the idea when people claim that it was way out of character

• Like Like x 3
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think you and i see it similarly enough, i just put more focus on the reprogramming and you put more focus on the awakened memories/dark rhinox persona :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Insurgent

This. This right here is the simplest way of putting it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Insurgent

I used to think it was out of character until I read someone mentioning the shell program and Dark Designs. Then it all made sense and I adjusted accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Altered Prime

Thank you both

• Like Like x 1
  9. Altered Prime

Kool

10. Blunderzag

Blunderzag No,Primal...YOU have FAILED

Hasbro should make a control suit megatron one day

• Like Like x 2
  11. Altered Prime

You didn’t like the one we got from the beast machines toy line?

12. Blunderzag

it was rivaled only by the McDonalds figure

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    It'd work well with the current leader class gimmick.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Altered Prime

Lol

15. Kyekjeliesh Jum

Kyekjeliesh Jum Banned

Kinda late to this thread, but let me add my two cents. It might be hard for some people to hear this, but...

Beast Machines is the last time (with very very few, very minor exceptions here and there), up until now that Hasbro fully entrusted their audience's intelligence and invested in it, with dark, mature, philosophical themes and atmosphere. We turnt our backs to this, back then, and have been paying the price ever since with kiddified, neutered and half-assed versions of small aspects of G1, twisted and distorted into "new iterations" that usually struggle to re-claim, already claimed creative ground. You may have grown with some of them and hold them dear, but as a long time fan and into creative endeavours myself, allow me this observation.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

The Beast machines plotline/underlying theme was not something for kids. I believe thats what alienated the audience in the first place. Most people expected a mix of goofy and actiony continuiation (something BWs excelled at) and instead found dark themes and philosophical debates ranging. I believe the term ahead of its time is what suits it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm rewatching this series at the moment. I love what it brings to the Transformers lore. It challenges the characters in new ways and asks interesting questions. It's insane to me that a sequel to G1 touches on individualism, cultural relativism and spirituality. I do have some complaints though. Some of the action sequences are rather dull and the writers talk down to the audience more often than I would like. For example, the scene where Rattrap is going through Tankor's memories, he has to explain everything. I feel like that was unnecessary.

The Weak Component is one of my all-time favorite episodes of any TF series.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Is that a joke? Almost none of the original Beast Machines toys were screen accurate.

19. Blunderzag

I envision a modified transmetal tm2 dragon with a control suit to fly up into and it would clip together and even have some bendy wires to hang it on or something
    it's gonna need to be leader class of course
    if we're getting ambitious we can include a diagnostic Drone that double as a target master or something

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  20. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Great thread!

I like Beast Machines. I think it's a solid show with some flaws, some things I would change, and some things that work very well. I know I was hooked, watching week after week to see what happened to the characters. Even when some choices brought out my fan rage, I was still back the next week.

I bought the Rhino DVD set pretty much the moment it became available (to replace my worn out off-air VHS recordings), and my kids and I enjoy watching the show to this day.

I did a whole series of Beast Machines photocomics back in the day. I must have found something about the show appealing. :D 

• Like Like x 1