Beast Machines Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galvatron1998, Mar 20, 2016.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    "If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it."

What's not broken and what's trying to fix it in thsi senario? Because I have no idea what you're trying to say.

2. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

I think they should called the show as beast wars evolution with the technorganic stuff.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    What?

How is that any better than "Beast Machines?" Doesn't that better articulate the the fact that they are the perfect blend of animal and technology?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Indie Musician, Scumbag Jesus

I stared at your Avatar the whole time I listened.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I’m watching the 3 parter where tankor is revealed as rhinox right now and I finally have proof that regardless of what Bob Skir claims, the show itself supports the theory that rhinox is not vehicon by choice. “Ever since megatron captured my spark and CHANGED ME”. Those words say it all, megatron reprogrammed him, since the maximals never undid the reprogramming when they unlocked rhinoxs memories his personality stayed tankor but with rhinoxs memories and intelligence

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    I absolutely hated Beast Machines when I was younger. The toys were mostly cool and I could appreciate the designs, but I thought the show was an complete insult at best. Beast Wars was always my favorite thing besides mac n cheese as a kid, and it was infuriating to see my favorite characters grotesquely perverted.

Of course, all of this I surmised solely from what I've read online. I never actually saw the show, besides like a single episode I had on VHS. Over the years I had warmed to it a little bit though. It almost seemed like it may have been made for me in some way, like with the morbid, gloomy atmosphere and the fact that it's not as mainstream as other shows. Besides, you can't truly be a Beast Wars fanatic without seeing the sequel -- and I've read "The Ascending" for Christ's sake -- so a few months ago I finally decided to watch it

By the time I made it to the "End of the Line" I absolutely fell in love with (most) of it. It's not perfect of course. I'll never truly be happy with what happened to Rhinox despite enjoying Tankor/Rhinox in the last few episodes, and I'm not too keen on the second season, but I really do feel that the first season is a masterpiece in its own way.

EP12-1.jpg

Nightscream still sucks though.

• Like Like x 3
  7. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    But that undermines the great storyline. The beauty is that he was forced to be a passenger on the evil Vehicon Tankor, but once he gained independence, he made a willfull choice to continue the path to destiny.
    It's a lot more powerful a story-arc, and possibly the best character development in all of Transformers.

You're not alone, I would hear "I hate Beast Machines" from lots of fans who later admit to not watching it.

8. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    but thats still not what the show actually states. the show states rhinox was reprogrammed into tankor. the show says that rhinoxs memories were unlocked within tankor. the show says the maximals never actually undid the reprogramming. i literally just watched those episodes and that is what is shown. sure from tankors perspective he is making a choice to be evil, but that choice is informed by the fact that his personality is still corrupted by being tankor with rhinoxs memories and not actually being rhinox

9. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    ^rushing this post but I used to want to see it as Rhinox being corrupted but now I'm pretty sure it's him having a new lease on life after what's happened. In "Survivor" he monologues about being neither "the Maximal that I was, nor am I what Megatron made me" and he clearly (and unfairly) resents Primal's failure to save him

10. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His behavior post getting rhinoxs memories back is in pretty stark contradiction to his behavior when primal was able to contact the familiar part of tankors spark earlier in season 1 (an action which bypassed megatrons control), tankors resentment and all of that is still influenced by the vehicon programming, that was never undone in the show, so yes tankor made his choices freely, it still wasn’t really rhinox. And as for rhinox feeling guilty post death in fallout, of course the real rhinox would still feel responsible for any actions he did as tankor, wether or not he was really in control. Regarding his monologue in survivor, he says he’s no longer the maximal he was not what megatron made him. What I’ve presented actually backs that up more than rhinox uncharachteristically going evil, he’s no longer the maximal he was, but he has that maximals memories and intelligence and he’s not what megatron made him, a dumb brute, instead he has the maximals mind but the vehicons soul a merger of the two that could have been prevented if primal had let rattrap undo the vehicon programming

11. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

I’m not sure I agree with every part of this
    For one, They didn’t just unlock his memories, they unlocked his personality, If it was only the memories that his voice wouldn’t of changed and it would’ve just been like reading the information from the book

I might be wrong but didn’t he refused to be changed back

12. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im pretty sure the maximals only insinuated the reprogramming, partly to block out the notion of him willfully turning against them

13. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The memories were unlocked but the vehicon programming remained, that’s why tankor chose to stay tankor. It still wasn’t the “real” rhinox because the vehicon shell program was never removed or altered

Nope, it’s pretty explicitly said that megatron reprogrammed rhinox into tankor and it’s pretty explicitly stated that rattrap didn’t undo megatrons reprogramming, all he did was bring the memories to the surface essentially waking up predacon rhinox from dark designs

• Like Like x 1
  14. Altered Prime

The shell programming may have still had some influence , But it wasn’t just memories that was unlocked

Memories don’t have a voice memories don’t have a personality memories do not get angry or flock to backstab everyone

Then reawaken his spark, tainted by tainted tainted tainted love the shell program or by the pain of having his spark removed and then controlled by megatron, Either is possible

15. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i suggest you rewatch those episodes, while there may be some room for interpretation, its pretty clear that rhinox/tankor isnt in his right mind, when primal comes upon him in the matrix it seems like hes in pain, like rhinox and tankor are fighting for control. we may see and hear rhinox, but that doesnt mean its maximal rhinox. maximal rhinox started breaking through in the episode where primal contacts his spark and bypasses megatrons reprograming, thats not what happens later in the season though

• Like Like x 1
  16. Insurgent

Insurgent Well-Known Member

Remember in BW, the episode Dark Designs? Rhinox got reprogrammed into a Predacon. He was still Rhinox, he still had all his memories, his intelligence and so on. He was just on a pwoer trip. Highly aggressive. Exactly the same scenario with Tankor. The problem is, he was never deprogrammed, because the Maximals didn't realise there was a shell program in place at that time. So while yes, he was Rhinox, his personality, his memories, all of that, it was corrupted by the Tankor program. Rhinox made the concious decision to do what he did, he made those choices of his own free will. The problem is, his will had been altered from what it was in BW.

It's like when Superman gets hit with Red Kryptonite.

• Like Like x 5
  17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    exactly, thats what i was trying to say, just worded differently :) 

18. Altered Prime

I don’t need to rewatch the episodes but thank you for the suggestion, and I am in no way suggesting he is exactly the same person he was dirring the beast wars

But being in “a right mind”, I think that’s extremely debatable

I’m not the same person I was a few years ago and I’m certain you probably aren’t either, we are all affected by every event that our lives and it changes us; Sometimes more than others with some events changing us to great degrees and some almost not at all, Some of us truly makes him extremely bad decisions and choices in life due to those events and changes in ourselves

But all of that doesn’t necessarily mean we aren’t in “ a right mind” Or that we don’t be a responsibility for those choices and actions

19. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    let me rephrase, if you were brainwashed to be somebody else do you think that somebody else would want to go back to being you? yes tankors voice changes, but that also doesnt mean its really rhinox either. tankor explicitly states that megatron changed him (implying reprogramming) and its clearly shown the maximals never change him back. memories are unlocked and tankor realizes what he was, but chooses not to go back to that, the reprogramming is still in place, those episodes show this clearly

• Like Like x 1
  20. Altered Prime

I get what you’re saying but I don’t think it shows what you say as clearly as you think

No I don’t think that brainwashed personality would want to revert to being me, on the other hand I don’t think Tankors personality Had enough intelegence or strength of will to override that of Rhinox, I think it best it was only able to influence his perceptions and how he dealt with things, And I feel the actions he undertook pretty much proves that

Yes he said Megatron change him, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the reprogramming nor does it necessarily mean the reprogramming we’re still in charge of everything , The act of reprogramming could be considered a form of torture having his spark removed and forced to attack friends is also something that he could’ve been referring to

Again what are you seeing where is a tortured soul that may be influenced by the show programming but in the end it’s still pretty much making decisions on his own

Now remind me of something please,Silverbolt, Did they explicitly mentioned removing the program? The reason why I ask is because he wasn’t exactly his normal self after he was reformated

• Like Like x 1