Beast Machines 10th Annivesery

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SpinalCord, Aug 21, 2009.

1. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

In advanced, if I put this in the wrong forum, I do apologize. I thought that this was pretty general.

So I had this idea. BM's anniversary is coming up next year, but since Hasbro has most of their line already planned out, this could also work for 2011. Now, I don't think Hasbro should do an all out "Beast Machines 10th Anniversary" deal like they did with Beast Wars, since we all know that that line didn't sell all too well, and there's not as much of a market for BM. But scattered throughout the year, I was thinking that in whatever line Hasbro was doing, they could put in the BM characters. Now, no Maximals, because animals don't sell all too great. But we could get an updated line of Vehicons. So more show accurate and in scale Tankor, Obsidian, Strika (In Animated form), Jetstorm, and Thrust. Also, since we sometimes get a few Megatrons in a year, maybe retool TMII Megs into his BM season 1 look? Anyway, and these guys can be marketed as Decepticons. As for the Maximals, I was thinking they could give us their TransTech forms. Since they would be vehicles, they would sell better. That way it would get the fans of TransTech SOMETHING to have. Cheetor, Silverbolt, Blackarachnia, Nightscream, Botanica, Rattrap, and Waspinator. Now some of these characters never had a TransTech concept (And Nightscream had a beast mode), so Hasbro could create ones that would work for them. These guys would be marketed as Autobots.

So, would there be an interest for this? I like the idea. Want to know what you guys think?

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd buy updated Vehicons in an instant. Seriously. I loved those designs.
    There was never a good version of Jetstorm, but the Tankor drone and thrust drone were nearly show-perfect.

3. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i don't really feel the need to do animated style TF toys for a 10th anniversary for beast machines...i would like to see more universe figures...like they did with dinobot...i do agree we could use some new figures...tankor, obsidian . strika etc...just in the normal universe marque...not animated..

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure there will be no full line for Beast Machines 10th Anniversary (technically, the anniversary is in a month or less), but I'm all for one or two new deluxes for the Universe 'ought-ten' line. Vehicons preferably, but a new BM-styled Optimus Primal could be cool too.

If they did a voyager or ultra, I'd love to see a new BW/BM Dragon Megatron. (Basically a nice dragoon Megs whose wings can fold around like a cloak, like the original BM toy, but with %50 less resemblance to a soda can. :) 

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    'doh!

6. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  7. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    id cut off my left nut, eat it, throw it up, shove it up my ass, shit it out and eat it again, for a good show accurate intricate voyager silverbolt. that design was awesome.

8. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    ^ Well......I never liked Silverbolt's design that much

9. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

The only Animated mold I suggested was for Strika, since she already had a show accurate mold and color scheme thanks to Beast Wars Returns. And since Animated Strika does NOT have a toy, I thought that would be better suited. Even if she isn't in the Animated style, the overall look could still be how she looked in Animated. And these would fit in with whatever line they would be promoting for 2011. Be it Movieverse, Universe, or whatever the new cartoon is. These toys would be the 'off-air' characters (But us fans would know they are really a tribute to Beast Machines. The kids would not.).

And if you think about it, with the 7 Maximals I listed and the 6 Vehicons, it would pretty much only be one character a month. And this would cover all scales. So it's not like the shelves would be crammed with them.

10. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yesyesyesyesyesyesyes.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    hell yeah, if they can do animated, they can do this.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Leader class Tankor and Voyager class Obsidian please.

13. AMG

AMG Old School

What I would really like to see in a new BM Megatron mold. His character has been given no justice in plastic form.

14. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

im all for it! the toys need to be updated badly

15. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I'm half-&-half on that matter. Even though he is small, I felt his dragon mode was fine but his robed robot mode was lacking because he could have benefited from having actual arms at his sides.

16. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    If I had to choose three, I'd want a mostly show-accurate Jetstorm, a new Megs that resembles his season 1 form, and a larger scale Silverbolt. However, I'd love the opportunity for a large Tankor toy, too.

I don't expect them to go all out (if at all) for its 10th, they can just fit it under the 25th Anniversary label.

17. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    id also like an AAOP reissue

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is exactly the reason that I'm annoyed that movie Blackout exists rather than Strika, I know they included him because of the movie line but with that going on did we really need another version of a character without much personallity, Strika would have been a much better choice.

I'd like to see an updated Obsidian, I have the original and he is just much to small.

19. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'd be happy with a leader class BFH tht turns into a ship.

i know it will never happen.

20. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

A new megs would rock.