Beast Hunters are the greatest thing in the history of ever

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snark, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At first, I wasn't keen on a line that would be mostly rehashed molds but with spikes.

Then, something clicked with me; this is pretty much an unholy union of Transformers and Monster Hunter! Holy crap! It's combining two awesome things to form an awesomeness singularity!

Goddammit guys, I'm going to go full on collector on a line that's largely made out of molds that I've already gone full on collector for, and I'm going to like it.

2. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I'd have to actually like Monster Hunter to be psyched then, cause I'm not and I don't.

(Insert snarky comment about not owning a PSP or living in Japan)

3. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

maybe this is what Beast Machines should have been (or might have been early in the development phase)

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I'm happy for ya!

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll admit I'm hoping the "same guys with extra spikes" stuff is a minority, as that's on the lower end of my want spectrum. The rest is worth a hard look though.

I'm wondering how many versions of Predaking there will be, as the one on display doesn't look like a Voyager or Cyberverse Commander class to me.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  6. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Have you guys seen the Beast Hunters Bumblebee? Looks pretty cool if you ask me, hehe. :) 

7. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Interestingly both Cyberverse and Deluxe BHBB looks to have a head that is stepping further away from the movie verse and closer to G1. I swear that the Cyber figure even has a real mouth, but the pic is small so probably wrong.

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Rehashed models with spikes? I know virtually nothing about the BeastHunters, with the exception of Thundertron, and him seeking revenge on somebody.

9. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I think some of the stuff looks pretty damn cool. I'll probably pick up Wheeljack at the very least. And all the dragons. Because they're fackin' dragons.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I'm not really thrilled with Beasthunters from what I've seen. Nothing new enough to really blow my mind, and I'm not sure if the "medieval hunter" schtick really brings a lot to the table for me. Ditto the suped up vehicle modes. Not impressed with the beasts, or that Megabloks Dragons style they're bringing in. I might buy one or two if they happen to look nice in the packaging at the store, and are priced on sale... but otherwise this will be the first new TF line in a loooong time that I will mostly be sitting out. But hey, if the kids like it, good for Hasbro.

Nice to see "Predaking" taking on a big role for the first time ever, even if it's mostly a name drop.

It's amazing that before now, it NEVER occurred to me that Bulkhead could be basically just an updated version of Roadbuster, but obviously it did occur to someone at Hasbro. Not the worst idea ever.

zmog

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think of him as sort of a Brawn, but big instead of small. From Brawn it's barely a hop and a skip to Roadbuster.

Funny thing though, isn't Roadbuster canonically dead in Prime? Not to mention an old colleague of Bulkhead's.

Oh right, this thread isn't just for me to talk to SMOG. I'm ambivalent. Right now the big shift in the show excites me more than the toys per se. I mostly just like that big figures might be coming back, and BB might be getting a new design direction. Plus, you know, Smokescreen.

12. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

Well I actually might get the Bumblebee and Wheeljack now that someone has likened them to Monster Hunter.

13. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    The reason I'm not that thrilled with TFP Bumblebee is that he is so similar to the movieverse. Now I'm excited about the Beast Hunter versions for the reason you stated. And I really love heavily armed TF. :) 

14. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    all I'm pretty much buying is the Predacons. the rest don't mean shit to me.

They look more like Jurassic Park reject toys to me and I hated all those toys.

Even soundwave looks stupid to me. Ravage is cool though. I may buy it just for Ravage and get rid of that Soundwave yuck!

The playsets look really stupid to me as well.

Thank god all I'm buying next year is Generations and Fort Max Encore.

15. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Beast Hunters Soundwave is an homage to Beast Machines Jetstorm. Therefore your argument is invalid.

16. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    hmmm, hadn't thought of that.

Okay I recant that part. I'm keeping Soundwave lol

17. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Agreed but that particular mould is so-so. We'll see if there are more enhancements that just the head sooner or later.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I feel much the same way. It's not for me, but then again I like seeing Hasbro taking a somewhat different direction with the show/toys.

19. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I like it. alot, i really dig the armor and spikiness the bots are getting. and a pile of new beasties, most of which being dragon.....*drools* i kinda have a thing for dragons.....also, legion class Sinnertwin homage, commander class Viking Roadbuster, and dat bee.....dammit hasbro, you found a way to make me want Bumblebee.......*sobs* imma gonna be so broke next year......anyone want a Kidney? i could use the money.....

20. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the beasts. The others, not so much.