2D Artwork: Beast Era

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Optimus Frimal, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Optimus Frimal

Optimus Frimal The Beast Era is coming..

Set one year after Beast Machines, the Beast Era is coming...

[​IMG]

Art by Psychomud.

This project is neither endorsed or acknowledged by either Habro or IDW (that having been said, Chris Ryall has said he'd like to see it once it is done )

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    cool, I look foward to more.

3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I'll be looking forward to it, but a word of warning. Unless those logos are disclaimer style (these characters and all likeness actually owned by type things), I'd lose them off the cover. Otherwise it's kind of like making your own beer and slapping a Miller Lite label on it.

Interesting art you've got though. Definitely interested in where this heads.

4. Optimus Frimal

The logos are disclaimers:D  Thans for all the positive reactions by the way:D  Anyone able to guess who's involved with it?

5. Optimus Frimal

Here's a five page preview to whet everyone's appetite. Enjoy. :D 

Beast Era

Issue 1:

PAGE 1:

PANEL 1:

(CAMERA IS BEHIND RATTRAP, TAKING IN MOST OF THE SCENE. CHEETOR IS WITH RATTRAP, CHEETOR IS ON TOP OF A STAGE, IN FRONT OF HIM ARE BLUE CURTAINS, WITH A SYMBOL OF BOTH THE PREDACON AND MAXIMAL SYMBOLS, MIXED TOGETHER. CHEETOR’S BODY FACING THE FRONT AND HIS HEAD IS FACING RATTRAP, WHO IS BEHIND THE STAGE. RATTRAP IS LOOKING UP AT CHEETOR. BOTH OF THEM ARE IN ROBOT MODE. THEY ARE BOTH IN A GREYISH-BLUE BUILDING.)

TEXT BOX (BLACK): Cybertron. One year after the events of the Technorganic war

RATTRAP: Well Spots, you’ve come a long ways and now it’s almost time fer the grand finale of sorts.

CHEETOR: Yeah, almost.

PANEL 2:

(CAMERA IS IN THE SAME POSITION AS PANEL 1. RATTRAP HAS HIS LEFT HAND UP AGAINST THE LEFT SIDE OF HIS HEAD)

RATTRAP: Ok, I’ll draw the curtains back den, just make sure dat nothing happens whilst Spots is making his speech, understand Ramulus?

PANEL 3:

(RATTRAP NO LONGER HAS HIS HAND AGAINST HIS HEAD. CHEETOR IS SMILING)

Rattrap: Oh and Spots, make sure yer convincing ok, ya really don’t want em catching on to ya now.

CHEETOR: I’m always convincing Rattrap. They haven’t found out yet, have they?

PANEL 4:

(SAME CAMERA POSITION AS PANEL 1 AND 2. CHEETOR IS NOW COMPLETELY FACING THE FRONT, LOOKING DIGNIFIED, RATTRAP IS POINTING AT THE CURTAINS.)

RATTRAP: Right den Spots, here’s yer big opportunity, so don’t mess it up.

PANEL 5:

(CAMERA IS IN FRONT OF CHEETOR, HE IS LOOKING DOWN AT HIS BODY)

TEXT BOX (YELLOW): Hmm , you know, maybe I should take a page out of Rattrap’s book and settle down with someone. He seems to know what he’s doing. For once… I don’t think he’s told us how we’re all gonna die since him and Botanica got together! He’s completely different. Then again, I’m not exactly who I used to be either, am I?

PAGE 2:

PANEL 1:

(CAMERA IS BEHIND CHEETOR, WHO IS LOOKING OUT AT THE ASSEMBLED CROWD OF CYBERTRONIANS, ALL OF WHICH ARE CLAPPING, SOME ARE CHEERING. DOTTED AROUND THE EDGE OF THE CROWD ARE THE BEAST MACHINES MAXIMALS)

TEXT BOX (YELLOW): Well, here goes…

CHEETOR: My fellow Cybertronians, fond greetings to you all and thank you for showing up today for what will go down as the most important day in Transformer history since the end of the Great War.

PANEL 2:

(PANEL IS OF A GROUP OF TRANSFORMERS LYING ON THE STREETS OF CYBERTROPOLIS, SHUT DOWN DUE TO THE VIRUS, WITH VARIOUS TANK AND CYCLE DRONES COLLECTING UP THE BODIES)

TEXT BOX (YELLOW): As you all know, our planet was recently devastated by a virus. This virus deactivated every Transformer on the planet, leaving them easy pickings for Megatron, a Predacon criminal who is known for his theft of the Golden Disk. Megatron’s goal was to create the perfect machine world, based on his own twisted view of perfection.

PANEL 3:

(CAMERA IS IN FRONT OF OPTIMUS PRIMAL, CHEETOR, RATTRAP, SILVERBOLT, BLACKARACHNIA, NIGHTSCREAM AND BOTANICA)

TEXT BOX (YELLOW): As you also know, Megatron was stopped by a small group of Maximals under the command of Optimus Primal, of which I was a part. We returned to Cybertron after searching for Megatron throughout the galaxy. Upon our return, we found the planet abandoned, and we were almost immediately attacked by Megatron’s army of Vehicons.

PANEL 4:

(PANEL SHOWS OPTIMUS PRIMAL AND MEGATRON PLUNGING INTO THE PIT IN WHICH THEY DIED AT THE END OF BEAST MACHINES)

TEXT BOX (YELLOW): We fought bravely to bring you all back to life, but ultimately we failed. However Optimus Primal would not give up, and sacrificed himself to end Megatron's rein of terror and madness to save us all.

PAGE 3:

PANEL 1:

(SIDE VIEW. CHEETOR AND THE BEAST MACHINES MAXIMALS ARE STANDING SURROUNDED BY THE REFORMATTED POPULACE OF CYBERTRON)

TEXT BOX (BLACK): 1 Year earlier

TEXT BOX (YELLOW): As you are all also aware of, we didn’t get off to the best of starts…

CHEETOR: Hi, my name is Cheetor and I guess you’re all wondering what happened to you. So, I suppose that I should fill you in.

MAGATRON: You know what happened to us? How?

IGUANUS: You did this to us!

SPITTOR: I want my body back!

PANEL 2:

(THE CYBERTRONIANS ARE IN A RAGE, THE BM MAXIMALS ARE SWAMPED IN THE HUDDLE OF ANGRY CYBERTRONIANS, WHO ARE ATTACKING THEM. THERE ARE HOWEVER A FEW CYBERTRONIANS ATTEMPTING TO GET THE ATTACKERS OFF OF THE BM MAXIMALS)

CHEETOR: Please, everyone calm down! We didn’t do this to you! Let us explain!

RATTRAP: Hey! Watch where yer putting dem cables! Spots do something!

IGUANUS: Tell us what you did!

SPITTOR: They’re Maximals! Surely this was another Maximal attempt to destroy we Predacons!

B’BOOM: These are no Maximals! When we are done with them, they will be nothing but scrap!

CYBERTRONIAN1: I need hands! Give me my body back!

RAZORBEAST: Hey! Leave them alone! Give them a chance to explain!

PANEL 3:

(CAMERA IS ABOVE CHEETOR. CHEETOR IS COMPLETELY UNDER THE MOB, WHO ARE PUNCHING HIM, KICKING HIM AND GENERALLY JUST HURTING HIM, CHEETOR HAS JUST ONE HAND STICKING OUT THE TOP OF THE MOB)

CHEETOR: Please! Listen to me!

RAZORBEAST (OFF PANEL): Stop! You’ll kill them!

PANEL 4:

(SIDE VIEW. THE MOB IS FLYING THROUGH THE AIR, AFTER BEING HIT BY A LARGE BRIGHT BALL OF ENERGY, WHICH IS AROUND CHEETOR, OTHER PARTS OF THE MOB WHO ARE ATTACKING THE OTHER BM MAXIMALS HAVE STOPPED ATTACKING AND ARE LOOKING TOWARDS CHEETOR. THE BM MAXIMALS ARE LYING ON THE GROUND, BATTERED AND MOTIONLESS. THE CYBERTRONIANS ATTEMPTNG TO HELP THE BM MAXIMALS ARE FINE. RAZORBEAST IS LOOKING WORRIED)

RAZORBEAST: What the slag have you done to them!

PAGE 4:

PANEL 1:

(FRONT VIEW. CHEETOR IS IN THE AIR, HIS HAND RAISED IN A STOP MOTION, THE ENERGY BALL STILL AROUND HIM, TRANSPARENT LOOKING, HIS EYES AND MOUTH GLOWING)

CHEETOR: Cease this at once!

PANEL 2:

(FRONT VIEW. CHEETOR IS CLOSER TO THE GROUND. THE TRANSFORMERS WHO WERE ATTACKING CHEETOR ARE SLOWLY GETTING UP, THEY LOOK DAZED AND THE ONES THAT WEREN’T ATTACKING CHEETOR ARE STARING AT HIM, TRANSFIXED. CHEETOR IS LOOKING AT RAZORBEAST. JUST CHEETOR’S EYES ARE GLOWING)

CHEETOR: Thank you for your concern Razorbeast. There is however, no need to worry, if anything, they have helped me. By attacking me, you have made it easier to access the part of the Oracle I have inherited from Optimus Primal. And it is with this inheritance that I can show them all the error of their ways.

PANEL 3:

(STILL FRONT VIEW. CHEETOR IS NOW ON THE GROUND. EVERYONE, EXCEPT THE BM MAXIMALS, INCLUDING CHEETOR, HAVE GLOWING EYES AND MOUTHS.)

CHEETOR: Now watch as we put our very existence on the line time and again, to protect you all.

PANEL 4:

(STILL FRONT VIEW. THE TRANSFORMERS EYES AND MOUTHS ARE NO LONGER GLOWING, ALTHOUGH THEY ALL LOOKED DAZED)

B’BOOM: They did all that just for us…

LIO CONVOY: And we killed them

SPITTOR: (SMALLER TEXT SIZE) Heh. So what?

PAGE 5:

PANEL 1:

(CAMERA IS TO THE SIDE OF RATTRAP. CHEETOR IS CROUCHED BESIDE RATTRAP, WHO IS IN ROBOT MODE, RATTRAP IS BATTERED. AROUND THEM ARE VARIOUS TRANSFORMERS, ALL WATCHING.)

CHEETOR: Killed them? No, not quite Lio Convoy.

LIO CONVOY: Then what? What have we done to them?

CHEETOR: You have given myself and The Oracle a chance to make some improvements. These bodies served their purposes well while Megatron was about, but now is an entirely different situation, so we must adapt to it. We must reinvent ourselves, reformat ourselves.

PANEL 2:

(SAME CAMERA VIEW.CHEETOR IS TOUCHING RATTRAP’S FOREHEAD, RATTRAP IS GLOWING THE SAME COLOUR AS CHEETOR WAS AND IS CHANGING, A LEG IS APPEARING WHERE A WHEEL USED TO BE AND AN ARM IS RESHAPING. THE CROWD LOOK SHOCKED)

PANEL 3:

(CAMERA IS ABOVE CHEETOR AND RATTRAP. RATTRAP IS NOW COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, HE IS LOOKING UP AT CHEETOR. RATTRAP IS NO LONGER GLOWING)

RATTRAP: Wha? What’s going on?

CHEETOR: I’ve brought you back from death old buddy and with some changes I’m sure you’ll enjoy.

RATTRAP: What’s going on Spots? What’s happened to you?

CHEETOR: Don’t worry, I’m fine. I’ll explain everything later. Right now though, I need to fix up the others.

Script is written by me with edits done by Shane Anderson and Phil Bustamante

6. Optimus Frimal

7. Optimus Frimal

The Beast Era website is finally up and running! So, what are you waiting for! Come and join us at http://beastera.webs.com/ for all the latest Beast Era news as well as never before seen anywhere else character art! :D 

8. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

nice art, now I have to do my very best on my Beast Era: Trans Wars fan-fic. But I don't think I can compete against you guys