Be Aware Of This Guy....

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Sound Blaster, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Here's the auction in question:

KO Optimus Prime

This is the same one I won then reported him to E-Bay for being a fake then I get an unpaid item strike and he just re-lists it in another auction?

I hope no one here bid on this because E-Bay doesn't seem to give a shit that this guy is pulling this because I reported him 3 times for this auction and it is still up...Will wonders never cease........:banghead: 

2. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Reported.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Reported

4. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

he says its a KO in the first place. seriously pull your head from out of your arse. some people actually LIKE KOs! so as long as he mentions its a ko then what are you upset about?

sorry but some people dont want to throw away 60-80 on an original G1 Prime when they can get a Ko which is as good as the real thing for about 20-30

If anything ebay should let KOs BACK onto ebay because KO Transformers were one of the best selling items on ebay. Tons of people purchased KO Alt Prowl so they could make Alt Red Alert and many others purcashed the G1 Metrotitan reissue/Ko because the original costs over 300 when the ko costs 50! sorry but i dont wana pay an extra 250 just a micromaster and the exact box.

the guy is also selling ORIGINALS in his auction but is throwing in the KO Prime, so who cares really aside from these VINTAGE collectors who seem more like 'comic book guy' from the simpsons and who obviously have ALOT of spare time to be telling on people. Serious what were you guys at school? were you the type of people who told on everybody and got bullied for it? honestly just let it go people! so long as its mentioned its a KO then no one gets hurts. Besides most TF collectors know a KO from an original in the first place

5. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Since when you can get a KO prime for $20-$30? The one he's selling might not even have the accessories(check his completed auctions, he might already sold them there)
    Prime has been reissued numerous times, why do I want to buy a KO one when I can just buy an encore?
    Those KOs are NOT cheap. Unless you really want a boxed g1 prime, you can get a loose one complete for around $50.
    I don't want to get into an argument about how "good" quality the KO prime is, there're already countless threads about that on the actoys forum.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, hook me up with a $30 KO Prime.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    eBay has already lost 3 lawsuits in Europe for bootleg products on their site. One of the most recent (back in July?) lost $61 Million to a French purse designer. So make a few hundred in listing fees vs. pay millions to IP/TM holders? These rules about bootleg items aren't just arbitrary.

Someone on the boards was trying to move a KO Prime for $45 shipped without any luck, after lowering the price one or two times. If you're looking for one, maybe they're willing to take offers now.

Also, the auction was removed.

8. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

The thing is eBay would let people sell KO's if they could, but they are prevented from doing so by the copyright/trademark/patent holders and their lawsuits. It's not a matter of morals... personally I don't mind the Zhong Jin KOs and may perhaps have a few, but the situation is that nobody can legally sell them without 'breaking the law' and the possibility of being sued.
    I don't know what the situation would be if you were to sell something such as a piece of paper with a TF doodle on it, for say $60 with a 'free gift' KO toy thrown in to the lucky winner though...

9. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Well if you actually read my post you would have seen that this guy was trying to pawn it off as a original G1.I won it found out it was fake,reported him and they gave me an unpaid strike even though it was a fake.So he can sell this KO as real got caught then he tries to sell it as a KO now and I should let this slide? Uhhh NO! The guy is an asshole and he deserves to be treated as one! I don't have a problem with KO's I just don't like dickheads that pass them off as the real thing and are allowed to do it because some people at E-Bay do not give a shit!

So since I dealt with this dick I can be one back especially since he keeps trying to pull a fast one and no one cares...

He's listing it again and are those real G1 Constructions or are they KO's as well??

Can someone confirm?

Auction

10. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

they were real. i emailed the guy and asked about them. also getting g1 ko primes for around $30 is there standard selling price since you can get the encore for just alittle more than that.

The guy says he has alot of KOs so if anyone if after any then just email the guy. The dumb thing is when ebay was OK with KOs they were pretty cheap, now ebay is being pissy however it seems some KOs have sky-rocketed in price now such as Metrotitan because it doesnt seem like Ehobby are doing there version of it. Kinda hope they dont really because Ehobby overcharge anyways

The guy listed it as a KO so i dont see the harm in it. just seems like imature people telling on the guy which seems kinda sad really.come on people these are just toys ffs.... is it really worth throwing your toys out of the pram over this? most people can tell the difference between boxed KO figures these days anyway if your a serious collector because you can tell the differences (I.E KO G1 Scourge has a RED Decepticon Sticker)

i just think some people take this hobby WAY to seriously some times. i collect TFs because i love the series (most of them anyways, i dont count armada or energon or animated) and i like most o the toys....granted i only mainly collect Takara stuff but thats because i prefer Takara. i just think some people go way overboard at times and makes you wonder if these people have ever even kissed a girl let alone anything else

11. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bullshit. WHERE can you buy a Prime (KO or otherwise) for $30? Link please.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    You owe me a new irony detector.

13. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    A real girl?

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Mine broke too.

15. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    No, just a knock off.

16. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  :lol  :lol 

17. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You guys need to learn to stop pointing those things at Ghost Prime - they'll implode every time.

18. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

you guys are fucking me up :D 

19. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ghost Prime is so funny and cool!

I am of course being sarcastic and there's no need to insult people

but he has a point. If you don't want to buy KOs then don't buy 'em. Some people DO like buying them. Some of us can't afford original G1 figures

20. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I hate it when people make the "we can't afford G1 figures". So get reissues. I can't afford G1 figures. That's what I do.

It comes down to the fact that KOs are intellectual property theft. eBay's stopped carrying them for exactly the same reason you can't walk into Tesco and buy a fake Louis Vitton handbag - they will get seven shades of SHIT sued out of them by Hasbro. In fact, in eBay's case I believe Louis Vitton did indeed take them to court for exactly this. Hence why eBay won't sell them anymore.

There are always going to be avenues where you can get the KOs, a bit like the slightly dodgy Sunday morning market in Salford precinct near me where you can get the latest movies at the cinema for £3 on DVD. But in exactly the same way, you're paying for shit.

Actually, you know what? Buy KOs. I don't actually give a shit. Just don't come whinging on here when your brand new MISB KO Gnaw doesn't have a tail, and its head falls off on the first transformation. Ultimately you get what you pay for.