BBVLou's small but awesome collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by BBVLou, Oct 17, 2016.

1. BBVLou

BBVLou Well-Known Member

I have loved Transformers since 1985, and I had a decent G1 Autobot collection for most of my adult life, until I sold almost all of them in a few purges: a depressing period in college where I needed the money, and a grad school period where I was trying to "travel light." (I also had a complete run of the Marvel comic series, including all the crossovers, miniseries, and Generation 2, and that went on eBay along with my complete run of G.I. Joe.)

My only remaining pre-2006 Transformers are my G1 Optimus Prime, which has seen better days, and a G2 Optimus Prime cab that I picked up for display purposes, because it's in slightly better shape in robot mode than the G1.

But the Classics line got me back into loving Transformers in a big way, and I have since bought my beloved childhood favorites (and a few I always wished I had). My collection is small, but meaningful. As a kid, I only ever collected Autobots, and now I have ideal versions of most of my all-time favorites. Obviously, the 1986 Transformers: The Movie is my all-time favorite Transformers media.

[​IMG]

I don't even want many more than these. Perceptor for sure, when he comes out next year. Rewind, if I can get him on sale. And if they ever make improved versions of Ratchet and Grimlock, I'm on them. (I didn't care for the earlier CHUG versions, just like I'm so glad I waited on Perceptor.)

2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Prwtty neat collection...:thumb 

3. BBVLou

BBVLou Well-Known Member

I like the Hot Rod I have a lot. I bought the original 2006 Classics version, foolishly traded it for something, eventually got the two-pack with the really red Hot Rod and Cyclonus and sold off the Cyclonus (can't have any Decepticons!), then a friend got me this Takara United version as a gift, so I sold the red one from the two-pack. Since this one was a gift (and surely not cheap), I would definitely keep it, no matter what.

What might push me over the edge is how the new Kup looks. I love this Kup, but if the new one just blows it away, I'll be more tempted to upgrade my Hot Rod, so they're all Titan Master bros -- like how the G1 versions all became Targetmasters (although I had the original, pre-Targetmaster releases).

That said, if we ever get CHUG versions of Crosshairs, Sureshot, and Pointblank, I don't think I could refuse those.

4. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Good looking set right there! :)