BBTS, UPS and me (and maybe you!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatroptimus, Aug 9, 2011.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Alright, someone has to explain me something. According to BBTS, when you use UPS as your shipping option, it indicates the brokerage fee is included (but they don't specify which portion of the shipping fee is allocated to that brokerage fee). Yet when I receive my package, UPS charges me the brokerage fee again!

I emailed BBTS about this and they told me it must have been a mistake from UPS.

I asked UPS and they told me BBTS isn't supposed to do that, only they can charge the brokerage fee.

I only caught that problem for the last 2 shipments, but it probably happened before. What to do? Who to believe? How do I get my money back?

2. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Have you asked BBTS for it back? I'm kinda surprised this hasnt come up before. Since a lot of people use bbts.

3. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Like I said, BBTS told me it was a mistake from UPS and that I had to check with them.

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry, thought you might have went back to them after what the ups response was.

Hmm. I always assumed they charged bbts as part of the price of shipping. Very odd.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Small amount of research says UPS is the one charging the fee from the receiver, not the shipper.

So BBTS has been ripping people off for a while now.

6. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Link?

7. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not liking the sounds of this since I have a huge PoL waiting to be shipped.......I don't recall ever getting hit with anything before though. You in the US MegaT? How bad was the brokerage fee if you don't mind my asking?

8. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I'm from Canada, it was $10 each time (twice in the past month).

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
  10. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Well, I got 2 invoices right in front of me that say $10.

BROK FEE / FRAIS DÉDOUAN.

I even pay taxes (0.50 + 0.89) on that 10.00.

EDIT: Oh wait, there's that bit at the bottom:

Bond Fees
    Customers are responsible for payment of duties and taxes. When funds are not provided in advance by the customer, and UPS must post a bond to allow UPS shipments to be released in advance of payment to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), a fee of 2.7 percent (minimum $5.85 on Worldwide Standard™; minimum $10 on UPS Worldwide Express Plus™, UPS Worldwide Express™, UPS Worldwide Express Saver™ and UPS Worldwide Expedited™) of the amount advanced by UPS will be charged.

BBTS mentions the 5.85 fee yet I get charged 10.00. BBTS says they use "AIR SERVICE" yet once the order is shipped, when you check the tracking, it turns into WORLDWIDE EXPEDITED.

UPS AIR SERVICE
    Usually arrives in 2 - 5 days. Brokerage is included. 5% GST, applicable PST, and a $5.85 CAD fee is due at the time of delivery. Additional fees if value over $4300 CAD.

11. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Also, if you check the standard for their so-called Air Service, it says 2-5 days. Standard for Worldwide Expedited is supposed to be 2 days, yet I got the last 2 orders in 5 days both times. So it looks like I pay for Air Service, get the crappy Air Service standard yet I get charged for Worldwide Expedited.