BBTS Store Credit?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I've been trying to get rid of the figs I don't want buy selling in the junkion exchange but haven't had a lot of offers so I sent a list of figs I'm selling to BBTS since I want to buy the City Commander set from them. Here's what I told them I had to sale.

Car Robots God Magnus 100% Complete, missing box and instructions but gun, missiles and everything else in tact, no damage and only transformed him once.

100% complete Armada Cyclonus with minicons and both missiles and instructions.

Armada Demolishor 99% complete, has minicon and missiles but minicon is missing radar dish on his back.

Beast Machines Ultra Thrust, missing missile and front wheel cover.

100% Complete Energon Ironhide.

Armada Hotshot, has missile and minicon but is missing gun.

100% Complete Cybertron Downshift from the Universe Downshift vs Cannonball 2 pack.

100% Titanium Rodimus Prime, might be missing plaque but he has his gun.

How much does everyone think I'll get for all these?

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno..but I'm curious what they do offer you. I have a BUNCH of stuff, not just TFs, that I want to get rid of and don't have the time or patience to sell it all piecemeal. Others have posted their experiences and I've gathered that BBTS is pretty generous with store credit offered for collections. Certainly more in credit than cash, and possibly more than/equal to to what one would get selling them separately anyway.

3. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    They offered $75 store credit but I'm told they're open to negotiations and I replied to see if they could up the price because I'm only interested in store credit, waiting to see what they say.

4. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I got quite a deal on my Classics collection when I sold it to them. They gave me almost double what I paid for them. (Some of them I did get double!)

It's all dependent on what stock they have, or what part of the year. (i.e. market conditions)

Sometimes you'll receive a great deal, other times...not so much.

5. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you got to have an argument with the meat in order to negotiate higher prices. how much do they list those items for. Are the items in stock? if the item is currently on sale or is an over stock item then they will really low ball you or not buy it. Is it Takara or Hasbro? Go back forth with different offers.

6. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    My argument was that all my figures are in perfect condition and I only used them for display, I also told them that store credit was all I was interested in.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. I sold them some of my Takara stuff from my collection and the way I got the best price possible was to basically point out a couple of things: a) that they were currently sold out of those items, b) that these were Takara items which usually sell for much higher and c) I mentioned the listed prices (for the out of stock items that had prices listed still) and compared that to what they were offering me and basically told them that I didn't appreciate being low balled like that. Got a much better response to the tone of about $380 in store credit as opposed to the original $140 offer.

Another time before that I had some Armada and Cybertron stuff I was selling and they immediately offered me almost double (or double in some cases) on those items even though they were loose. So, it really depends on a lot of factors when dealing with BBTS.

Seriously, they're great to deal with, but sometimes you've got to know when to argue with them to get the best price for your items. Also, I've noticed that they'll give you more leeway if you're asking for store credit.

8. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they said $75 then the would probally be willing to go up to $100 store credit for the stuff, so tell them you were looking for about $125 store credit, and they will probally say about $100, or if he cant go any higher than $75 he will tell you. Im selling a huge GI Joe and Star Wars lot to them. They offered me like $395 store credit, I said I was looking for about $500, and they moved up to $420, but said that he couldnt go any higher, so Im taking that deal, only problem is you have to fork out the money for shipping.

9. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not enough my friend. They are not even MISB/MOSC. Are any the items MIB? If they low ball you, you need to be able use their own pricing to prove your point or bolster your argument. I shipped over a dozen packages to BBTS Vintage Department. Some of my shipments were huge. Saying your items are in good condition is not enough. No matter what, they are going to sell items for more than they pay for it but it depends on the differential and how much you paid for it. I've done this so many times. You can lose by a little or you can lose by a lot but if you strategically plan your sale then you can win. Sometimes you can win by a lot. No matter what, BBTS always wins because you still spend the store credit at their store.

10. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Wait, they offered to buy that stuff?

I offered them some good condition loose newer stuff a few months ago and was pretty much told they weren't prepared to offer air/water for them.

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What newer stuff was it? If it was Animated or Universe I can kind of understand that as they're still getting shipments from Hasbro and nothing is really hard for them to get a hold of or even highly sought after on the after market just yet (you know, largely because there is no after market for brand new stuff).

Now, if it was movie stuff... not sure why they wouldn't take it as I know they have purchased some movie stuff from a friend of mine.

A good example of this is that I had some old loose Toy Biz Marvel Legends that I wanted to get rid of and they offered me about $85 for the five figures I had. However, later on I went to sell them some of the newer Hasbro Marvel Legends and they said that they weren't interested in loose Hasbro Marvel Legends largely because one could still find packaged ones rather easily.

12. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    just finished making a deal with them and should of tried to get more but the damn movie sale got em so i sent them some vintage japanese stuff that i had doubles of in trade for all the leaders i needed + lots of other stuff I believe it was totally worth it considering i got the japanese figs cheap and leaders in my aread are almost $80 a pop

13. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm talking BW to Cybertron (fairly decent mix of everything). It definitely wasn't a goldmine, but it definitely wasn't junk, either.

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh? That's really strange. Normally they're all into that stuff as long as it's in really good condition.

15. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats what you have to do i tried to sell them my moc g i joe Spy Troops with was 26 2packs and they offered me 95 in store credit so i went some were else and got 160 for them. I hate getting low balled by that much.

its all about what you can find price wise to deal with them.

16. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    They raised it to $95 store credit.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, if one is trying to sell BBTS a batch of stuff and they make an offer on it (for store credit, let's say), is the offer just given as a single number for the whole lot, or do they break it down by item. Ie:

(A) "We'll give you $V for all that stuff."
    or
    (B) "We'll give you $W for Figure A, $X for Figure B and $Y for Figure C, for a total of $Z ($W + $X + $Y).

Just curious, since I'm thinking of trying to sell a few redundant items from my collection to them.

18. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    For the whole lot

19. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Does it matter what shipping method you send items in with? Would BBTS accept a package from USPS?

20. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no it was just$ 95 store credit or $80 cash.
    they say this" this is what we will give you cash and this is what we will give you for store credit " also you have to pay for shipping.

no as your paying for the shipping ship it the cheapest way possible with tracking & ins on it to cover your self.