BBTS Prime preorder speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rexidus, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I preordered the Prime toys from BBTS a while ago. Their site claims it will be in January but last time I believed their estimates I waited 6 months later.

So when do you guys think BBTS will actually ship them?

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

They are usually pretty on with their dates. If it says January i see no reason to think it will be otherwise.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The initial three Deluxes actually beat the January estimation, as they got them a little while after Deluxe Wave 1 started popping up at U.S. TRUs. I don't see any reason to start worrying...I'd only start tapping my fingers impatiently if it's late January and nothing popped up, especially if American TRUs are slow to stock the remaining First Edition figures as well.

4. Rexidus

News Credits:
    I'm not exactly getting antsy or anything. I was just curious what people thought.

And since I ordered a pack of deluxes including Cliff I wouldn't be super surprised if they were actually correct in their estimate. I just got burned by them in the past so I have a difficult time believing them.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Out of curiosity, what did you pre-order that made you wait 6 months?

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I say they'll be shipped out on December 27th or December 28th. No idea why so specific, but just a random guess.

7. Rexidus

News Credits:
    As my very first order from their store I had preordered the second run of the Fans Project Bruticus upgrades. At the time they were listed as a November release. I realize that things may have happened beyond their control but still the entire thing left a sour taste in my mouth. So now I take their dates with a grain of salt (or a bowl).

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm inclined to think that official products would be listed with a little more certainty. I can't think of a single 3rd party release that actually met its own ETA. 6 months can be... frustrating.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't bother. TRU has them B1G1 free.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first wave of deluxes have been available for like a week or so now. I would expect them to get the rest in the next week or 2.

11. Rexidus

News Credits:
    The crux is I want Cliffjumper and ordering that set of 4 lets them come out to about $16 including shipping, and I'm just fine with that. Plus its Christmas so I'll let some kids get the ones I could buy in stores. I can wait until afterwards.

12. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    bbts is my only real option unless some one can help get 2 of every deluxe 1 of each voyager and the 2 pack so im fine with a wait gives me a chance to save any way

13. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    Try finding it at toysrus!!! Oooh i got my wave one (bb,arcee,and starscream) just on dec16 just recently! But on there site when i saw it it says preorder to janeray 2012!! And yes im still waitng for wave 1 for voyeger! So it maybe backorder!

14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    from what ive heard new zealand is not going to see any of the first edition stuff so where stuck importing

15. Rexidus

News Credits:
    RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

So um... January is practically over and with the news that the First Edition is basically done, I'm getting rather concerned.

Since I had everything I wanted preordered I didn't bother looking for ANYTHING. If BBTS cancels the preorder then I'm screwed. If I want the figures I'll have to pay a LOT more for them that I wanted to, especially for Cliff and Bulk. What is really going to steam my broccoli is that all while the wave was being distributed and seen everywhere (*snort*) I kept saying to myself, "It's okay. I'll let the kids get them for Christmas and I'll get them afterwards." If that comes back to bite me in the ass I'll be incredibly annoyed.

But perhaps I am just being overly concerned. I haven't gotten any emails or heard anything official to warrant this DOOOM other than the FE being done.

Should I be concerned?

16. Drewdeluxe

Drewdeluxe The Lakers Nation

Ebay:
    I've never ordered from BBTS and placed my first PreOrder at TFsource for Bulkhead and Cliffjumper because BBTS was sold out of PreOrder Cliffjumper.. Not being familiar with both sites I figure I'm on the same boat.. I emailed TFsource on this issue with no response.. Whats worse is they have already charged my card..

17. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

In my experience with pre-ordering from BBTS the order typically appears at the end of the month in question. I would expect that we would start seeing these drop around the middle of next week.

18. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Yeah you gotta set it up how you want them to charge/ship your preorder figures at TFSource. The default must be set up as "pay upfront" though.

If you don't get a response in a couple days, send them another message and say you wanted to follow up. Odds are they're getting a bunch of questions and your message might have just gotten lost in that mess. For the most part, they've been pretty good about replying within the first day or two. Keep in mind they're a pretty small company that don't exactly have a ton of employees...

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    I preordered yesterday out of fear, but I don't have high hopes of the order being filled. BBTS would have me loyal for life if they did, though.

20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

I would be. Normally (meaning about 95% of the time) BBTS gets product in just as they say they will with zero worry, but this seems to be a case where Hasbro simply hasn't fulfilled their product alottment and who knows if/when they will. If I were you I'd look elsewhere before the FE's dry up completely.