BBTS Pre-order/POL Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Auto Morph, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Sorry to be a bit of a dummy here, but being based in the UK I don't have a lot of experience with BBTS's pre-order and Pile of Loot systems. Basically, I already have a PoL with items in it, all paid for and ready to ship.
    I want to place a new pre-order for some more items the site site seems to want to charge me for their shipping costs seperately. Shouldn't it just charge me for the extra weight of those new items on top of what I already have in my PoL instead of what I would pay for them by themselves?

Like I said, I'm probably missing something obvious here but it does seem to have confused me for now.

2. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just place the order and it will adjust your shipping. When you are placing an order, it doesn't factor in what you've already bought. So it will give you a shipping total based on your preferred method of shipment, but when it is available and hits your PoL, they will only add the amount over what you've already paid (usually just a few bucks).

At least, that's been my experience, and I've had about five shipments from them, all using the PoL with preorders added in sporadically.

Hope that helps.

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, no worries. If it adds to an existing POL, then the only additional shipping cost will be the small difference to add that new item to the POL total. When pre-ordering, it simply shows you what you would pay for shipping if it were to start a new order (if you had already shipped your POL and the new item would start a new one).

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:thumbs2: 

Aha! Thanks dude. I didn't realise/I forgot that I wouldn't get charged shipping until the items are in stock. Hopefully, as they are very small and light items, it won't add too much, if anything, to my existing shipping fees.

Ok, now a new question which BBTS doesn't appear to have the answer to in their FAQs - does the 180 day hold time for the PoL reset every time a new item is added to it? It's just that my first item was added to my PoL back in April and it still hasn't shipped, so I'm guessing as long as I keep adding items, it will just keep the PoL open for me until I ship it manually, so to speak?

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, I'm pretty sure as long as new items are being added, then it wont ship until 180 days past the last item added or until you hit the 'ship my loot' button. I've also had mine going since about May.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Oh now you've done it. I need to see how long I can keep it going for now! Maybe every 179 days I will order in the cheapest item I can find. Yeah, I know I'll never get my stuff, but I'll have fun doing it!

I am lame.

7. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've had my POL with stuff since early last year...I've saved so much money on shipping! Thanks BBTS!