BBTS POL - tales from the patient (or not)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by supervir2, Jul 22, 2010.

1. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    As my POL just keeps growing, I just started to wonder how much people used this. This is my first time to use it and I've found that as more has been added, it has actually become easier to wait for it.

I've currently accrued 14 items in there (alternity, KMC, Defender, Buster, Ghostscream, etc) and was initially waiting for the new Crossfire kits to ship, but with all the goodness coming out at the back half of this year, I'll probably go ahead and wait for Unicron, Predaking, and a few more to come in (have about 10 items on preorder). I suppose I've got more than enough to ship now and then have a reasonable shipment around december, but part of me wants to get it all in one shot around the holidays and have myself a ridiculous transformer party:) 

So, what is the most you've had in there?
    The least?
    What is your shipping threshold? just waiting for a particular item?

Share the burden of the wait!

2. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The most figures I've ever had in my POL is 11 at a value of $186.95.

For me the longer I leave it the cheaper it gets compared to buying it in the UK and I normally get it shipped three times a year when the value, including the shipping, reaches $200.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How long can you leave stuff in the POL? I can't wait for Unicron because I've got so much cool stuff.... screw it. I'll pay the extra 10 bucks when Unicron is released.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    6 months, at which point it'll auto-ship.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Im using it for the first time ever I plan to ship sometime after the seacon set august shipment hits.

6. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I once let it accumulate for about 4 months. Saved close to $25 in shipping, too.

7. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I have 10 items currently sitting in my POL. Funny enough, none are Transformers. I have Fansproject stuff, GI Joe Resolute boxes, single figures, McFarlane Laker figures. I'm waiting for the Bruticus sets to show up and my case of GI Joe POC figures and then I'm shipping my loot.

Unicron, Primus, Predaking, and MP Rodimus will be shipped with my next loot just in time for Christmas. :) 

8. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I think as long as you keep adding items, it can go on indefinitely. If nothing gets added for 6mo then it ships. Mine has been going for well over 6mo at this point. I think it is around 9mo I think

9. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I'm probably going to do it for the next few waves of Generations, and get them shipped in late November. Hunting for toys isn't as awesome as it used to be.

10. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

Ebay:
    For me it depends on how urgently I want what happens to be in there, but I try to have at least a month between shipments, and if I have outstanding preorders that are supposed to be shipping that same month, I'll usually hold off until it all comes in.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is also my first time using the POL. I've added to many things on preorder I'm just going to wait till Christmas time and ship 'em all. It'll be like my Christmas present to myself!

I really like the POL system. I started to realize I am a frequent preorderer so it kind of works out in my favor if I am able to just be a little patient.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I had over $300 of stuff from last year. Modern era gijoe's from the 50% clearance. sonokong armada and beast wars neo figures.

13. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    The highest amount of items I've ever had in my POL is 3. I rarely preorder

14. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Currently got 21 things sitting in my POL that I started back in begining of March. Along with the Seacons and Munitioner and Explorer add on kits, I have several more preorders that are scheduled to arrive in August. If it all comes in prior to the 6 month date I should have over 30 items coming all at once.

15. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Wow! 30 items in a POL? :eek: 

I usually can only keep about 7-8 items in my POL before I have to ship them. Yeah, that's a puny amount but then I'm an international customer.

Got to ship my loot when it hits the monetary restriction before customs start charging import taxes, and 7-8 items is normally the limit.

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I have about 400$ on PoL right now. My limit is at around November when it should ship a God-knows-what-size package. I have about 5 items in there atm.

17. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

Where I live, the duty-free limit on imports to is 200NKR (about $30). Or 1500NKR if the item is a gift.

Consequently, I usually let my POL grow to hundreds of dolllars before I hit that 'ship my loot' button. :D 

18. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I just had my first (and tiny) POL shipped to me last week, Perfect Effect Rumble/Frenzy, IT Medic (in the process of returning), JPA Skywarp and Activators Soundblaster. It was nice to see all that stuff build up and the shipping remain the same.

Got a ton of stuff on pre-order coming in August alone, Headrobot's Hothead, JPA Sons of Cybertron, Munitioner and Explorer, Tokyo Toy Festival Dreadwing and Smokescreen, and the Seacons. Much as I'd love to get to mess around with the animated Rodimus mold, it'd probably be in my best interest to at least wait until they've received the Seacons before I ship out my next POL.

19. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

are the items in the pile paid for already or does BBTS charge your card once you tell them to ship your POL?

20. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    They charge your card as your items enter your POL.