BBTS plug and other mp-05 with plug?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, Apr 27, 2007.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

just a simple question for people who have ordered him with orange/yellow. Are those plugs permanent? are they plug and unplug friendly?

Is it possible to just remove the plugs without damaging the item?(i.e, ones that bbts has)

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    As far as I know, BBTS is the only place that is using the glued, inconvenient plug. Every other one I've seen pulls right out, no glue.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I think the plugs are removable, but you still have to look at the fact that you are paying $100 for a tampered figure, and that is not cool. $75 is more reasonable, as $100 should be MISB!! I'd say just look around for an ebay seller or an import shop that won't **** up Megatron.

4. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

i see, which site has them plugged WITHOUT GLUE?.. if i have to, i'm going to order one with an unglued plug..as soon i i get my hands on it,, plug will be in the trash..lol but i'm NOT paying over $100 for a plugged one. over $100 has to be c9.5-10 misb

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Like I said, anywhere but BBTS. If you're worried about it, you can always ask them how they are going about it.

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I got mine from BBTS last night. The plug was glued in kind of tight. I just used some pliers to twist it back and forth then it pulled out. I was okay with my decision. But if you truely want an untampered with figure, hold out to see if you can get an unmodded one.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Except that the ebay auctions for unmodded Megs are being pulled left and right.

8. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Pay attention please. The BBTS plug does NOT pull right out. They're the only retailer apparently gluing the plugs in, and while it's still possible to get them out, it's not as easy as anyone else's and could potentially cause damage.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

HLJ's plug pops right out :D 

11. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted a link to a thread that discusses the BBTS plug. I did read carefully.! I paraphrased the title of the thread! If the member that posed the questions clicks the link then he/she can read about other members experiences. Check it out for your self. You will read that some people pulled it out easily and others had a little trouble. It also talks about the methods they used. I believe it is a great resource and exactly what SideSwipe82 should read through to make an informed and wise decision.

12. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

The plug came out with a little effort but I still don't know how to clean up the inside residue.

Anybody know how to do that?...cleaning up the glue/orange residue I mean.

13. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    To clean the residue I just used a small screwdriver. I won't be looking down the barrel when I'm looking Megs on the shelf so I didn't really care that it got a little scratched. I think the glue used is rubber cement, so a weak or watered down solvent might remove any residue. Goo-Gone may even work.