BBTS Pile of Loot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kenm2474, May 6, 2010.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

How do you use this? How do you put items in your POL? I have mine turned on but can you only put pre-order items in there or do you have to pay for everything up front? What are the steps you need to take to have a POL.

2. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

-Register a credit card
    -Turn on the Pile of Loot
    -Buy stuff. Shipping gets calculated based on adding the new stuff to your pile, so it tends to be cheaper than buying the thing by itself.
    -Once the payment has been processed, and you want to ship the pile, go into your account and hit the "ship my loot now."

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Ok. I thought you could put items in there and buy them as you wanted them.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What you are thinking of, is something that you can't do at most, if not all retailers.

Pile O' Loot just allows you up to 180 days to stockpile items and ship them when you want. Like when you order a bunch of TF waves, and then grab some SW stuff, and a few Macross figs...and then at the press of a button, it's yer BIRTHDAY! UPS truck load of yer stuff at the door.

but if you still want answers, why not let BBTS' web site tell you how it works. they know better than anyone. it is their idea.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Nope. The POL is basically them holding stuff you already bought and shipping it all at the same time. For example, you know there are a few figures coming out that you want. You turn on the POL. You pre-order a figure coming out in july and one in june. During your wait to july you see they have a few figures you want. If you buy these, you'll be charged and they will be placed in your POL. June comes around and your first pre-order comes in, you are charged for it and it goes in your POL. Before your pre-order in July you see more toys you want. You buy them and they are placed in your POL. Come to July and your second pre-order comes out. You are charged and it is placed in your POL.

Still with me?

You now have 4 orders that you have paid for and sitting in your POL. If you are ready, have them ship your POL. This means you will pay for only 1 shipping charge instead of 4.

Each order I ship to my house is about $10-$15. Shipping 1 time is much cheaper than shipping 4 times........if you can wait.

6. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    They overcharge something fierce on international shipping though, so while it's still really expensive to ship your loot, it's a bit cheaper than individual packages. I usually end up paying well over $100 for shipping every time I order. Most recently I bought a MiSB BM Rattrap. $45 shipping :/ But POL is great for building up large amounts of stuff and saving a penny or two on shipping, yeah.

7. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    180 day limit, huh?

I do believe I've tested that threshold over the years.

Very good to know.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

If BBTS didn't charge the prices they do for international shipping, I would use them all the time.
    Anyone from the site reading this? Charge less for international shipping!

If I were to use them however, I would try and build up a decent stock in the POL and then ship after a few months of adding items. You'd need hella patience but if they are rare items (and let's face it, most Transformers are when you live in the UK!) then it might not be such a bad ploy.

9. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    The limit got put in place last spring/summer.

However I started a POL last July 14th. I was waiting in January for it to automatically ship. It didn't. On day 190 I hit the button to have them ship my loot.

I'm pretty sure I started the pile after the imposed the limit(so my pile wasn't 'grandfathered' in). So I think either they just say there's a limit or 'automatic' shipping after 180 days wasn't/isn't working, or someone has to notice a pile is over 180 days old and nobody did in those 10 days for me, or maybe the 180 days counts from the latest thing you added to the pile and not the first.

10. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    That explains it. There have been many times since they've had the POL where I've waited close to 6 months waiting for my next pre-orders to arrive.

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    POL by itself is okay. The greats because it works so well with BBTS's preorder policy. Let's say you have:

Preorder 1 to arrive in May - $100
    Preorder 2 to arrive in July - $100
    Preorder 3 to arrive in September - $100
    Preorder 4 to arrive in November - $100

With BBTS preorders you don't pay for the items until BBTS gets them. With the POL you can choose to wait until November to ship everything out at once or could tell them to ship you the 1st two orders in July and then the second order in November. With most other online retailers you pay as soon as you order so it's $400 right away. Some of the online retailers ship as soon as the preorders come in so you'd get hit with four shipping orders. Others wait until the entire order is in so you have no control and must wait until October.

12. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    great option, i just started using it. it reall saves me alot of money. very easy to use as well.

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    May want to do a board search for more info... the "how does the pile of loot work" topic comes up every couple of months.

14. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    But, I like these threads................

15. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it 180 days from when the POL started or 180 days from the last thing put in the POL?

16. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I was basically saying... I don't know how/if the 180 day limit is actually enforced.

I started a pile. 190 days after I started the pile, it had not shipped. So then I clicked the button to have it shipped. That's all I know.

17. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since it is unclear what the 180 day policy is I just emailed BBTS Customer Service asking if it is 180 Days from start or last item placed in POL. Hopefully we will have a definitive answer.

18. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Well done. This will be interesting.

Who said this was the same old Pile of Loot thread!??!

(AMS, I kid. I kid.):D 

19. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Since this thread's already going on...

Do they e-mail you whenever something you pre-ordered comes in and goes into your POL? Or do you just have to check every now and then?
    -G

20. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HB, :lol 

Oh, I know - it's just that people have written such comprehensive descriptions with examples about how the POL works, I'd hate to see people doing it over and over again.

Yessir they do.