BBTS Pile of Loot Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thundershot, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never had a problem with this before until now... With the Nemesis Trailer and a couple other things coming down the pike, I wanted to remove something from my paid pile of loot. Normally I can click on a "cancel" button (or maybe it's "products") and remove the item I don't want, and I get store credit. First off, the "cancel" button isn't there anymore, and when I try to click "products" and change the quantity to "0", only one of the three items in there shows up... NOT the one I want to remove. I tried e-mailing them, but I thought I'd check with the masses too...

Thanks
    Chris

2. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you don't have items that are still on preorder? Or are you sure that it's in your pile of loot?

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    You can cancel stuff in your POL at any time I believe, just email them about it and what you wanna remove/cancel and they should be able to help you.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a response, and apparently there's a new policy that after it's in your pile of loot for 15 days, you can't cancel it anymore. They're taking care of me, but... that really puts a damper on BBTS. Sometimes other things come up that take priority over the items in my Pile. Or I find something in the brick and mortar store that's been in the pile. It's not like they're losing money... it goes into store credit.

I just want to make people aware of this.. Maybe if enough people complain, the policy can be changed. (after searching, I can't even find this policy on the website)

Chris

5. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    I can kind of see their side in this. Say someone is building a pile for six months, or maybe even longer. Then for whatever reason they want to cancel some of the stuff. Yeah, BBTS isn't really out money since you only get store credit, but then they have another piece of old inventory that they might have to sell at a clearance price to move again. It'd have to be an extreme case where they price themselves down so much that they actually take a loss, but they're still losing profit on what they had to sell clearance. It's a somewhat similar situation to why Wal-Mart stopped having layaway, except Wal-Mart was losing money on both ends of that.

Now, I'm not saying this is being done exactly right. Their system probably doesn't allow for it, but the best solution would be to leave existing piles alone and only apply this on newly created ones. And, y'know, put out a notice of the policy change. It doesn't really change anything for me anyway. I'd still use the Pile of Loot to whittle down the per-item shipping costs. Cancelling has never been an issue for me except the occasional preorder. The only reason I'd have to cancel is money troubles, and that wouldn't help anything.

Thanks for pointing this out for everybody.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would imagine there's some "I bought this at full price and put it in my POL, but now there's a sale" going on. AFAIK, you can remove something out of your pile, get store credit for it, then re-buy it at the discount. They may be looking to prevent that, which is understandable.

7. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    There have been a couple of more expensive TF items that were on the site, then sold, and later reappeared.

Magna Convoy Giftset under Japanese Armada for example (it's the same one, it's missing Sparkplug)

They probably got tired of things like that occuring.

8. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I think it's rather fair actually. They are keeping themselves from becoming an insurance policy. Hundreds of people buying something from BBTS, and then just letting it sit and wait for sales...not a good thing. once it arrives, you've bought it. If you dont want it, cancel it when it's still a pre-order.

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, people do that. It's perfectly reasonable to do that. If you buy something at I dunno, Wal-Mart, and within a certain time, it goes on sale, my store has been known to give price adjustments if you have your receipt. Target has done it too. It's no different at BBTS.

As of now, I have GI Joe Arctic Assault 7-pack, Encore Metroplex, Encore Sunstorm, & Encore Trailbreaker in my loot. I am only waiting for a few more items then I am gonna ship.

Oh well, nothing I am too concerned with though.....

10. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I'm just happy they even have the POL feature. Who else does that?

11. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Makes sense. POL is for saving on shipping costs, not calling infinite dibs on an item.

12. dolemite

dolemite Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I emailed them yesterday about this and have yet to hear back from them. There's nothing in the "Learn How the Pile Works!" section about this new policy. I'm certainly no lawyer, but it seems like they shouldn't be able to change the policy on you without at least notifying you. I hope it doesn't come down to it, but I suppose I could dispute the charge and let my credit card company and BBTS duke it out. I'd like to get my (very first) pile of loot shipped to me, but now I have to wait for this to get straightened out. Bleh.

13. dolemite

dolemite Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heard back from BBTS this morning -- my item was refunded and my pile of loot is on its way. So all's well that ends well.

14. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Of course it is.

The reports of BBTS screwing people over...don't exist.

15. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    BBTS never fails.

16. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Ya, have never had problems with bbts. All it takes is a call and your problems are usually resolved.

17. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS is awesome.