BBTS offering MP-03 Masterpiece Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by shockwave1977, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Preordered mine just to be safe. I think a MP Starscream will be even more popular than Prime.

2. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Yeah, that is a little too soon. I will get this like it is nothing if it really comes out.

3. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Hey, we may see a prototype soon! Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part...

Realistically, it should be a long ways before we see it in the stores. It feels like forever since we saw the alternator Mirage prototype and I've yet to see any packages @ Walmart or TRU...

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think I'll wait till it's at least officially confirmed as being released to pre-order.

5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Responding not just directly to this comment, but to many similar "typical BBTS BS" and "JOEL SUCKS" posts, but when the heck did BBTS become the devil? Does everyone's memory really suck that much? If the pre-order price goes up, Joel's one of the few to honor the original price he quoted. If it goes down, he'll lower it. And it's not like he's expecting you to pay up-front. BBTS does not charge until YOUR ITEM SHIPS TO YOU!

All that said, I pre-ordered two. I won't miss it if it's real. If it's not real, nothing lost at all.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I only said "typical BBTS" because they have a tendance of putting up preorders too early and then retracting them...a recent example would be the 6' tf titanium figures. I was in no way bad mouthing their reliability or good policies because I am well aware of their good pre-order policy since they are the store I use most. I even preordered MP-03! You can not deny that sometimes the online stores in general put up preorder prematurly...it has happend time enough.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it seems that even having what is generally agreed on as the best customer service, response time, and honesty of any online toy store in existence gets you *nowhere* with this fandom. :rolleyes: 

As others have stated, Joel will apologize if an item does not come to fruition for whatever reason, and he lowers preorder charges automatically if his cost drops, in spite of the fact that having preordered at the higher cost indicates people ARE willing to pay it. I can think of a few other stores that I could just about guarantee would try to sneak it by someone who wasn't being cautious.

Likewise, if the cost is going to be higher, he will contact you to find out if you're still interested - and it's worth mentioning that has happened to me ONCE in the five years and tens of thousands of dollars I have spent with BBTS.

Yeah, it's early for the preorder. So don't preorder.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I've never had a problem with BBTS and I've had to cancel before because of a finace problem and It was nothing. he promptly got back to me personally and said "no problem"

he probably got tons of emails about it...Early? sure, so what? If someone wants to pre-order before it's official, why not? as peviously stated, you will NOT get screwed over by Joel and BigBadToyStore. Personally I'd rather be early than late...

9. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

did the same.

10. Bripe Klmun

Bripe Klmun 戦士の神

Excuse the short post, but bingo. The folks biatching have obviously never delt with Joel personally...they just "heard it happened to this guy".

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In fairness to BBTS, he said it's not 100% confirmed yet,
    and it's a lot less up in the air than the whole Wheeljack C5R thing...

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
  13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I preordered, I'm still annoyed that i missed out on the transforming titanium figures preorder

14. shockwave1977

shockwave1977 Shaun

I do not think it is ever to early to put up a pre-order. This could also be a tactic to gauge how many people are actually interested in the figure. Yes, we sit here and talk about how awesome it would be to have this figure, but to actually pre-order and make a committment speaks volumes. Also, it gives people ample time to save for this exspensive figure. It really is a win-win situation for everyone involved. Also, BBTS is an excellent retailer. I have never had any problems with Joel or BBTS. Either a year or a year and half ago, I sent Joel an email seeing if he had any Brave Maximus's available because I had missed out on the reissue. He got back to me that day saying he found one that was sill factory sealed. He sold it to me for $220.00 including shipping and handling. That is what I call great customer service, and I continue to do a lot of business with him.

15. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Joel is a completely upstanding guy. I never hesitate to put in a preorder with BBTS!!

Is anyone else pumped for this thing?

It will make the death of yet another summer of youth, somewhat less bitter.

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  17. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I went ahead and preordered mine. If he had Thundercracker and Skywarp up, I'd preorder them too. Hows that for jumping the gun? :D 

19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know, he may not be accepting new preorders on the 6" Titaniums, but my existing preorders are still sitting there, waiting for the day to come that they are released.

20. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits: