BBTS New Product Cancellation Policy

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Darkprime, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just learned this the hard way. Yesterday BBTS has adopted a new cancellation policy - you can now only cancel items in your "Pile of Loot" within 15 days of being added.

I don't know about you, but for me, I often let things pile up in my loot for a couple months and sometimes cancel an item (either I got it locally, found it MUCH cheaper elsewhere, or no longer wanted it). This was a real incentive for me to use their pile of loot system but now I'll have to rethink it.

Please note, this does not affect preorders that haven't already been charged/paid for. It only affects things once they have been paid for and added to your loot.

2. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly that still seems more than fair to me. I surprised that they allow you to cancel things from the pile of loot at all.

3. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Totally agree.

They are a business and if folks are using them as a reserve supplier it ties up their merchandise for others, and if it sits there long enough they may wind up having to make it sale merchandise or be stuck with it. Are there other companies that allow this without a hassle?

4. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

ah, that's a shame. I loved the freedom I had with my Pile of Loot.

If this is due to large-scale abuse, they should implement the policy for high-end buyers only at first and see if the abuse wanes.

Though this won't stop me from using their service, it will curb certain purchases.

5. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand them not wanting to hold things indefinitely, but I think 30 days would be more reasonable than 15 days, afterall, 30 days is a much more accepted window for returns and that's all this effectively is, a return. It's just that in this case, nothing was shipped. I guess in a worst case scenario a customer could have their credit card provider do a charge back.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can understand why they did this, although 30 days seems more reasonable. It just means I'm going to be a lot more picky about what I order from them, since I tend to let my PoL sit for quite awhile before shipping anything. I won't be ordering anything that I'm not absolutely certain I want, unless I intend to ship it right away.

7. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This won't affect most of the imports I order, but definitely the domestic stuff.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I like Joel.

He keeps my business... and I never even used the Pile of Loot... so I'm getting a kick out of these responses...

10. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'll admit that I've done this a few times. I'm a little bummed that they shut that down, but it's absolutely fair for them to do so.

11. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    The way I see it, once something is in my Pile Of Loot and paid for, it's MINE. They're just waiting for me to give them the okay to send it out.

Therefore, you're not talking about a cancellation at this point, you're talking about a refund. And it's entirely reasonable for BBTS to have a 2 week refund period.

12. decepticonjon

decepticonjon japness for balls

oh well, it was good while it lasted for the past 6 years

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This isn't entirely true.

I have two items in my pile of loot. One item added March 3rd 2009, one item added March 6th 2009. I am not able to cancel either item.

14. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are no issues with this, it is completely fair and understandable. I hope they make it a "from now on" policy, because as Deefuzz mentioned, he can't cancel. Joel is a good guy and BBTS (along with Automaton Toys) are the only stores I will buy from online. Hell, I can't expect to have $200 worth of stuff they are holding for me for two months and then decided I don't want it.

15. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Wah wah wah.

Joel bends over backwards for so many people in this fandom, if he wants to change his policy to stop getting reared by some of you people then good for him. They have gone above and beyond customer service for years with this fandom, they could murder a baby at this point and I'd forgive them.

16. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised it took this long for something like this to be implemented. I had to assume that there were problems being caused relating to this issue. No biggy, most places won't even let you cancel for paid items at all.

17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems fair.

18. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

Guess I should ship my loot now!

Was thinking if i should swap some for Encore Metroplex..but...can't complain!

19. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Easy on the attack there, killer. No one's crying here and the 'you people' comment is a bit weird. Were there attacks against BBTS posts that got removed or something or is that post an attack on posts yet to be posted? :p 

20. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I think he means the generality of people complaining that they can't cancel or that the policy should be amended. And I agree. I think it's very nice that they even offer this in the first place because when it was announced, I though people would do one of two things.

1 - Used this as a warehouse for items until they felt like getting them sent or
    2 - Buy items that may be hard to find unless found cheaper and cancel.

Both of which I'm sure have happened a lot. As a business, I'm sure he wants to help out his customer base as much as possible, but where do you draw the line on helping a guy and being taken advantage of?

With the first event, I'm sure Joel and BBTS only have so much space for piles of loot to pile up, thus costing them money in storage space as well as taking up space for items he could be selling. Also, the simple invintory of keeping items organized and separate can't be that easy. I could honestly see him putting a time limit on the whole pile of loot option to avoid all of this.

The second instance is just simply keeping business going. Sure BBTS has higher prices but they are a specialty dealer. They don't get the same discounts and incentives as say a WalMart or TRU for toys and unfortunately have to pass the increase along to the consumer. When said consumer reserves said product, it takes it away from other consumers. If it sits and sits in the pile of loot, eventually it might be found at other retailers for less and thus BBTS is out the sale. It might get sold again but it might not. Unfortunately that's a risk that can be avoided on his part. Either you buy or don't.