BBTS is on my sh*t list at the moment.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have to say, up to recently I have been a pretty die hard BBTS supporter, and now they are pretty much on my shit list.

The first thing that did it was the preorder crap with the Warpath cases. Thanks to good people here, I am splitting a case with someone until my case comes in so I can finish off the line.

Now, that is not that bad. What really pissed me off is the TRNS-01 I just bought from them. They had a whole bunch in their vintage area, used and opened for $30 the other day, and said, you know what, that is not a bad price. I know it is a POS, but I also know to be delicate enough with her.

Here is the link:
    TRNS-01 - Valkyrie - TRNS - Transitional Robot Neural Soldier TRNS at BigBadToyStore

Now I was willing to deal with a couple of paint chips and slight mismatch. It was no big deal. Now I have a question, do any of you see where it says the figure has broken joints?

[​IMG]

The places where I have the arrows, the joints were litterally cracked. On the left side in this pic, it was crack at the peg. On the right side, the part that wraps around the peg was cracked. What is even freaking shadier is if you look real hard, you can see how it doesn't wrap around the peg all the way. So they put the arm in that position to cover up the fact that the piece was broken. Straight shady right there. The problem is with these two pieces cracked the chest piece and the head piece fall right off.

I was able to super glue the peg back on, on the left side. On the right side, there was no piece to super glue back on so it stays loose, which maybe for the best. Since I glued it, it transforms fine and everything else, I just don't like the shadyness of the whole deal though.

I mean, that is some BS right there. I have taken pics and going to be e-mailing them. I wonder if they will do anything at all. Do you guys think they will do anything? Also what would be fair for me to ask of them? $15 back?

After this I may just have to order from TFSource or find another vendor all together. Really pisses me off.

2. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    What I want to know is how is this BBTS's fault? If anything, it's the fault of whoever produced the toy. BBTS probably didn't even think the joints were in that bad of a condition (Or worse than usual for Impossible Toys) so cut them some slack.

Like you said, you knew you were getting into a "POS" toy.

3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    OK, read. It came broken bro. It was a vintage. So they had it in hand. READ.

I really cannot stand when people don't read and just post. THEY SOLD IT WITH BROKEN PEGS! THE BOX WAS OPENED, THEY KNEW WHAT IT WAS.

4. Secretcode

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Chill. Read my post again. I often add stuff I think of immediately after I post in the minute or so afterwards.

That being said, why is it that all of a sudden one little hiccup like this and you are willing to cast BBTS to the curb? You just said yourself that you were one of BBTS's biggest supporters. It sounds like you are just mad at yourself for buying the thing to begin with. Just email BBTS and I'm pretty sure Joel will be willing to work with you on a solution.

5. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

I had the mold and I do feel bad for you on this one, but this is not BBTS's fault brother, unless it was owned by someone else and not MISB. BBTS has no control over the quality of the figures, and it is kinda on you when buying a third party figure or product. I'm not trying to be uncool here, but i'm sure I won't be the only person to tell you this. Don't be surprised if the most they do is replace it. I hope at least that much happens for you and you get a better one the next time around.

EDIT: Sorry man, I didn't go to the link where it said it was opened, you are, at the very least, entitled to a new one or even a refund I would think.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  6. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Was it MISB? If it was then BBTS wouldn't have been aware of any defects. Not sure if they'll replace it now though, since it has been repaired.

7. Secretcode

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Listing says "Opened". Most likely is they just did a quick look on the toy to grade it, and put it back in package without transforming it.

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    OK, let me explain this, cause maybe you haven't bought vintage before.

Vintage is usually their used stuff and is usually opened. This was an opened item that they sold. That is how they show the pics here.

So yes, the joints could have broke if I wasn't careful with it, but it came broken. I am crazy delicate with my stuff. So I didn't break it there. It came that way.

With BBTS, Vintage retail is usually MISB. Vintage tends to be opened.

9. Secretcode

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Maybe it broke during shipping? Again. Just email BBTS. Their customer service is some of the best I've seen all around.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Might have been part of a collection they bought and missed the broken joints by mistake when they took in the piece. Wait for their reply.

11. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    I may sound like an asshole for this but, I think they should either give you the option to return or exchange it. If no more stock left to exchange, just let you return it. Offering x amount to make up for a problem can set bad precedences, imo. You know there are people out there that would rape them taking advantage of it.

edit: it absolutely should of been described if it were known to be broken but, still, I dont believe in the that practice of customer service for retailers.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chill with the hate, sheeze..... You didn't even give BBTS time to respond:rolleyes: 

I can understand hating BBTS if they refused a refund or exchange but you don't even know what their response is YET.

You are "Jumping the gun" big time....

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I think his point is that he bought it from the BBTS vintage department, which is for used and loose figures. They are supposedly graded by BBTS and all defects or missing parts listed. His beef is that the toy is clearly broken, but the listing did not mention it was broken. I would be ticked off too.

14. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Oh, they should replace it then, they're supposed to have a team that inspects and grades those listed as "vintage". So any defects should've been listed.

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, I doubt it broke during shipping. If it broke during shipping, I would have found the other piece that wraps around the peg. That was nowhere in the package. Also, if you look real close under the arm, you can see how it does not wrap all the way around.

What should I ask from them? 50% back? What is fair?

16. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The item grade of 75 isn't great, but it seems exaggerated if what you say is true. The best thing to do? Ask for a refund; the folks at BBTS are very reasonable when dealing with consumer grievances.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Thank you! That is what upset me.

18. Secretcode

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    See what they offer first. No need to jump all the way in on demands or anything.

19. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

First off, you gotta understand the difference between manufacturer, distributor, & retailer.

Impossible Toys manufactured the toy. Either they or another middle company distributed it. BBTS retails it. BBTS doesn't need to to a quality control on every single toy they have in stock. I wouldn't know, since I've never ordered a Transformer through such distribution stores... But if they do, do their own little QC check, awesome. But when it comes to retail shops, that's the manufacturers job.

So, while you think your angry with BBTS, contact I.T. because they're the ones who produced the shitty product.

20. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well I want to keep the figure, cause:

1- I fixed it
    2- I am sure not going to find another 1 for $30