BBTS has WalMart Screamer for preorder

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by GreenScream, Jul 18, 2007.

1. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That sucks. I guess exclusives are not the rage to repackage for special requirement areas.

2. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    UK has no Walmarts.

BBTS has been a life saver on more than one occasion and I got my classics wave 2 and Alt Rumble from them (all of which have never appeared in the UK). The MP Starscream's price are about what we'd pay if it was available here (around £60/$120, which is the price of Masterpiece Prime).

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I think this is more for Transfans overseas rather that USA transfans who can just go to wal-mart, or have their friends go to wal-mart.

4. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And that could quite possibly hurt me, as I moved just a few miles away from where they opperate. Oh well, I drive accross state almost every day, lets see how many walmarts I need to hit to find it.

5. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

That may be the intent but with his scalpers buying up entire Walmart shipments, it will absolutely hurt US customers as well. Not to mention those of us with Walmarts such as mine which simply never get exclusives in, period.

6. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Yeah, we TCers did awesome with the Alt Ravage/Rumble and Classics Devestator. One Wal-Mart got them here, a huge shipment. From what I understand, Alt Ravage/Rumble were gone in a matter of days. Classics Devs.. well, they might still have him :D 

7. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:

You've now become the safest man in America:wink:  We should be friends,lol

8. thoughtcrime

Heh I think onesock just made himself the go-to man for this figure. I seriously don't expect to see him locally, but in Sept I'll post my cell in the NY & NJ forums if I find him, if anyone wants to text me for an assist.

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Keep me in mind as well for these in the Twin Cities. I'll pick up extras to make sure area members don't get screwed by Big Bad Toy Scalpers. You'll pay my cost from the sales receipt, not some $40 scalper bullshit.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

That's what happened to Ravage and Rumble at one of my local Walmarts. :( 

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, saw this a couple of days ago on their site. Honestly, I can understand the SDCC stuff, but this is a bit over the top and, yeah, I think it's scalping. However, based on some comments here they do seem to be providing a service to some of our international members. However, if you want one, why on Earth -as a member of this message board- wouldn't you ask a fellow fan here in the states to pick one up for you rather than buy it from someplace that got their stock from a bunch of scalpers?

As far as BBTS goes, I'm surprised everytime I see people get riled up about this as if it's the first time he's overpriced things. He does it constantly and not just with store exclusives (Classics Grimlock comes to mind at double the retail price), however, I won't stop buying from BBTS... I just won't buy the stuff that I feel is overpriced. See, I don't mind paying a $2 to $5 higher fee on most items (especially if they're not out yet at brick & mortat retailers or if I'm having a hell of a time finding them), but I refuse to pay a 50-100% mark up... so I don't buy those items. It's as simple as that, because I've learned that no matter how much sooner I could have recieved something from BBTS there's never been an item that I haven't been able to find at a local store with a little time and patience.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  12. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    "This item will ship out shortly after the general release as our buyers can gather stock."

in other words, send their people out to grab them all before anyone can buy them, make them even more rare, and markup. Scalping.

13. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Plus they charge around *actual* shipping.

After somebody quoted me $40 to ship an Alt then it arrived in a box marked $11.70 things like that will always be a sore point with me.

I'm not defending the markup, but Joel knows well that there are people somewhere who will pay it, it's just that they're not necessarily in the U.S.

14. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Its the reason Joel has lost a lot of long standing customers. He lost most of my friends who are big buyers like me (spending between $500-$5000 a month on toys). Now I go to TF Source, Robot Kingdom, and local sources for my toys. I haven't purchased anything from him in a looong time. Only thing in the past 10 months is the Clear BT Mirage.

15. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This really bums me out.....it all started with Rumble and Ravage for me....like its been said before...I can see a $5....even $10 markup....but 50% markup is unacceptable IMO....

If I see any...I'll grab a few for you guys that want one...

16. thoughtcrime

Because thanks to Walmart's notorious distribution problem (which any board member should be well aware of) two or three people who report sightings are going to get PMs from 200 people asking for a hookup.

QFT.

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll do this as well. If I see multiples, I'll grab an extra or two if I can afford it, and sell them to locals at cost.

18. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty sure that Hasbro's tag quoted an MSRP of $59.99 at BotCon.

Not that a $35 markup is much more reasonable than a $45 one.

19. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's in the Wal-Mart computers as $48.88, so I was going on that.

20. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    O RLY? Cool! (Simultaneously, that much less cool on BBTS's price -- nearly double. Man.)

Just hope they put it on the website.