BBTS Customs.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Autovolt 127, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Does BBTS always ship out Customs,I got my Bosou Shinki MMS Dog Howling off of them and they asked $9.10 in Customs do they always do customs.

2. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    All the time... well mostly. I have had a few packages over $100 where I did not get charged customs.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Customs is not controlled by BBTS or any other online retailer. It is controlled by the border authority / inland revenue of your home area, some are stricter than others in this regard. I almost always get stung for customs on anything coming from BBTS, in fact customs on my side generally pick up anything sent by EMS, as well as any large packages. Sometimes they get through, other times they don't.

My policy is to assume it will always get a charge, and allow for that when you decide to order something. If you then don't get charged, you've got money that you didn't have before.

4. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I follow that policy everytime I make an online order.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well it was the first time i bought on-line well know i know and is half the battle right?

6. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok, what now? In Canada, if the Federal Customs Dept. inspects your package, they charge you, and you have to pay that to get your package?

7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Yes and no. They charge you tax (6% federal +the provincial rate or like here it's a flat 14%) plus a $5 fee. All of which is due when you pick it up from the post office, or else you can't have it.

8. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Only if sent through US Postal and depends on the "category" of the merchandise(toys are always $5), sometimes the handing fee is $10.00
    If it is sent with UPS expect to pay between 50% - 80% of the declared value...example:
    UPS arrives with a package that had a declared value of $100.00 then you owe them anywhere between $50.00 to $80.00 before you get your package.
    UPS has a brokerage fee which is what they get you with(plus tax, etc.).
    Always get stuff sent through US Postal, never any courier ....UPS is just the worst for charges out of all of them.
    And the $9.10 in Customs wasn't from BBTS it was from Canada Customs, that charge is processed by the Canadian Gov. at the border when it arrives.(like what Sol Fury said)

I think you guys do to but only if it's over $1000.00 ...I think......I remember hearing that about 6 years ago so that may be completely wrong.