BBTS.com looking to purchase TF's from you.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by First Gen, Mar 11, 2008.

1. First Gen

First Gen I AM

News Credits:
    Today I received a 75.00 USD credit to Big Bad Toy Store for agreeing to sell them a MISB Commemerative Reissue G1 Grapple and a MISB Target exclusive Legends four pack with Megatron, Soundwave, Jetfire and OP.

Doing an ebay search on both these products would probably get you 20 bucks tops, with shipping.

I promised BBTS.com to give them good word here for such a great deal, and James Borst, head of purchasing, asked me to tell you guys to SELL YOUR UNWANTED TF"s!!! He's looking to buy from you all as his staff has doubled and his stock is low.

Got some MISB TF's you really don't want and like to get cash, store credit or straight up trade for? Go to BBTS.com and let them know what you have. I emailed them last week, told them what I had, they emailed me back the same day, told me what they wanted and gave me an offer. That simple.

Sorry if this belongs in GD, wasn't sure where to place it.

Email James at vintage@bigbadtoystore.com

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    All's nice and sweet I'm sure, but you're omitting the part where you pay for shipping. In the US it won't be much of a hassle to ship numerous items for ~10 USD, but when you're selling figures worth 100 USD [example] and pay 40 for shipping, that's not really a profitable situation.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Granted we're only going off the one example here, but it sounds like maybe you get more in store credit than cash offer and/or more than you could realistically sell them for individually.

Which sounds like a sweet deal. Trade in a bunch of stuff I don't want, get more in credit than I could in cash, and by stuff I do want. I think I'ma go cobble a list together and give it a shot.

4. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well considering what he sold and what he got maybe they threw in some extra for shipping. Or is a TRU reissue grapple Legends 4 pack really worth that much?

5. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

It's a good deal if you buy from BBTS alot.(It's a good store, but price are not really cheap) However, there's nothing I need from them, the only stuff I buy is g1, and their price is almost 3x the market price.

6. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BBTS has been in the biz for a loooong time and probably is the most successful online toy retailer. I doubt they are that successful by overpaying for stuff they in turn will sell. While $75 credit for Reissue Grapple and some legends is definitely a good deal, you are also advertising for them so that’s what the deal is from. I doubt anyone else wanting to sell them stuff would get such a good deal unless for the first few people they will give similar deals in agreement to advertise for them.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    also, when a store offers you trade, its far better then offering cash for them....most stores, online or brick and mortar, usually get decent enough deals and on average pay about half of what they sell things for....ie, they may give you 75 in credit, but its only costing them 35 or so....

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    If I ever would sell my vintage tosy ti would be either to them or to transformerland.

9. D. Gydeon

D. Gydeon Member

I'm getting ready to ship them two boxes full of TF's so I can get all my Pre-orders/pile of loot paid.

10. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Say what you will but BBTS is the only online retailer I use for TFs. I've tried many others but BBTS takes the time to pack securely and I've never had to wait longer that a few days for a box to get to my doorstep. On top of that, the Pile Of Loot feature is excellent and when I do a pre-order I don't have to pay until the item arrives.

I may pay a few bucks more, but it's worth it to me.

I have some Energon toys I can't seem to get rid of (all MOC, MISB) so maybe I'll shoot them an email.

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Tell James that there is a market for loose newer stuff. Not everyone cares to pay ass-rape for sealed. Sure, it won't bring in the 3-500% profit they like, but it might draw in some business. The cash I've drawn in from my sales is not imaginary.

With that, I'm leaving the thread. I'm kinda sick of having a fairly well expanded sales thread that has no chance of ending soon. I'd really like to make one final trip to the PO and call it done.

12. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I was going to sell to bbts but they lowballed me big time I think I got 3x the amount on ebay, the service is good but shipping to canada is killer and always takes a good month + to arrive to me then you get nailed almost everytime on customs.

13. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I happen to have both - the TRU reissue Grapple cost me $12; the Target 4-pack cost me $2.50. Both were on clearance at the time.

Good for you First Gen, $75 is a good deal.

14. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I sent a list of mostly Star Wars stuff that I've been sitting on for more than 1 year. Even if I have to pay the shipping, I'll be glad to get something back on it. I'm going for store credit, because there are a ton of things that are coming out that I want and can't afford.

15. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I'm buying from BBTS.com but I'm never going to give them offers ever again... I offered them two 70% complete G.1 Overlords in c7-c8 and the offer I got for both was $125 store credit ! no way in hell - on their own page they had a broken, yellowed no accessory Overlord set for $100.... yea bite me.

16. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

I hear ya, I offered them a MISB pepsi prime, misb anniversary prime dvd edition, misb 2002 motu Sy-klone and a misb spidey origins 2 pack with venom and they said 105 store credit. By time I shipped that heavy box it would hardly be worth it

17. snackdragon

snackdragon Banned

Hi,

They want me to ship the transformers to them before they make payment. Just to check them, they say.... Is this safe? Where talking about 4000 us worth of tf's. Is this safe to do this? Can they be trusted?

18. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yes, I believe they can be trusted. BBTS is a very reputable and trusted online retailer. However, it's the post office I would worry about. I would get tracking and insurance. I wouldn't trust the post office with that much stuff. $4000 is alot of stuff. What are they (the stuff you plan to sell to BBTS) if you don't mind me asking. And in turn, what do you plan to purchase from BBTS that would amount to that much?

19. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

So they'll give you more in store credit when you sell them your TFs, and then charge you more for TFs when you use the store credit on their site...sounds like it balances out :lol 

(Though that does sound like a very high amount to give for that, even if it's only 'respend the money here only' store credit...I don't know if they'd give that kind of deal to everyone...and oh yeah shipping).

Oh yeah, and wouldn't they have to then resell the items for even higher to make any money off of this? $80 TRU Grapple anyone?

20. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed with the offer I received. They wanted to give me $225 in store credit for MIB G1 Mirage, MIB G1 Skids, and a MIB G1 Inferno. They have a loose Mirage for $95, but then again they are a business. Oh well try my luck on the sell ads here or on ebay.