BBTS and TF Source international sales - experiences?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autoclot, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience of using BBTS and TF Source from outside of the US? They each have some interesting items that I'm considering, but I'd like to know how their service and shipping are for international purchases before I actually order anything.

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    A large chunk of your experience will depend on the shipping service in your country.

I've had no problems ordering from either, but usually end up buying from BBTS.

BBTS won't underdeclare the value. TFSource will.

3. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I order from BBTS to Ireland on more than a few occasions, and never had any trouble. Given it's comes all the way over here shipping time is much better than average.

4. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    Been using BBTS for years without hassle. Until yesterday, lol. I've had a Pile of Loot going for a while, and they sold off my Animated Elite Guard Prowl :/ I got store credit though which is OK I guess, but I'd rather have the toy... Also, prepare for customs fees as BBTS will always declare the full value.

5. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I use bbts for stray preorders and most hasbro items but robot kingdom is my preferred stockist if I'm doing 3rd party items.

6. Spalah

Spalah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was ordering to Europe for 3 or 4 years. Everything was fine.

7. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Been using BBTS since 2006. Or 2004, can't remember.

The only difference from their domestic sales is shipping costs and transit time. Should something arrive faulty or damaged, they offer either store credit or ask you to ship back the item [postage can be refunded via paypal, credit card or store credit] and they exchange it.

Only mishap I had from them was when they used a shipping box about three times larger than the figures that were inside, and that attracted the attention of customs.

The rest is entirely up to your country's customs and postal services. Customs in Greece are pretty lax, I've had three orders of over 300 USD come by unnoticed.

One thing to note is that when the items in your order exceed a limit [I think set at around 120-150 USD] they ship using registered and trackable service no matter what.

8. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    TFSource seems to have the benefit of being close to an international cargo transport hub: packages from TFSource take less than a week to arrive on my doorstep in Europe. BBTS is very fast too by the way, but my Piles of Loot do get stuck in customs due to their value, costing extra time and money. Both are extremely dependable.

9. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Cannot recommend BBTS enough.

I've been using them for almost 5 years now, and the few times where I've had an issue with a product, they would help me out.
    Very friendly customer service indeed.

Just prepare yourself to pay custom fees if you live outside of the US.

10. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just make sure you find out about your country's import taxes and customs rules. In Norway we have to pay 25% of the item's value if it's over $30. So from MY experience, BBTS is the last place you should go. I can always find it cheaper elsewhere.
    however if there are no such regulations in your country they should be a good choice, if still a little expensive. Their customer service is good.

11. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Well that's a lot of glowing reports, so I think I should be good to order from them. Thanks, all :) 

There will definitely be customs / VAT charges to consider - I've ordered from the US before and rarely (if ever?) have I not had anything to pay, I was just pondering their overseas service & general reliability. Consider my ponderings more than satisfied :) 

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    For overseas stuff, I'd lean towards TF Source. "Bullet-proof" packing from them may not actually be bullet-proof but it is dam close. Also they are a little more lenient when it comes to the declared value, I have never had to pay customs on a TF Source package while I've paid on almost every BBTS order that I've had shipped to Canada.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I am in Canada.

In regards to shipping and customer service both sites are aces.

In regards to CUSTOMS. You WILL GET HIT by customs with BBTS. I get hit everytime I ordered from them. You WILL NOT GET HIT with customs with TFSource.

14. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I can't stress this enough, it depends on the destination country. Like I said, in Greece, THREE packages of over 300 USD in total value came through with zero customs.

Maybe it's just dumb luck that some packages come through and some don't [with extra charges].

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're fine.

I order from BBTS all the damn time and I only got hit with customs fees once.

16. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I live in Russia and have bought three TFs and comics from Bigbadtoystore by myself (before it my friend from US ordered few TFs for me and sent by mail). I also have a debit card rather than credit. When I registered, they took a small amount from my card, then I checked my transactions, and wrote them the exact value of the sum by email. After that, I order from BBTS quietly. They send order quickly (there was experience with Hobby Link Japan - they process an order for a long time!). Duration of delivery depends on how the postal service in your country. In Russia, it works horrible, so delivery is long (even by express mail), about 3 weeks. I like ordering from BBTS, of all the online stores, with whom I was dealing (BBTS, HLJ and Amazon), it is the best. I like that they use big boxes and put a lot of rubber films with large bubbles. This is especially important for our mail, where the parcels thrown haphazardly.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    OK lucky you. I ordered from BBTS a half dozen times and got hit each and every time. I have had more transactions via TFSource and have never been hit.

18. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I use BBTS regularly and no problems shipping with tracking to Brazil, just today I got a lot of Transformers and GI Joe itens. Pile of Loot feature is very nice to keep shipping costs low.

To be fair with the other online stores, in a hundred packages I have only one problem with international shipping and this problem was easily solved: sender re-post the package.

19. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    K simple question: How does the TFsource "Source Pts" works?

Is it some kinda discount (to be used for our next purchase) or do we need to accumulate it first before we can use it?

Thanks in advance for any info.

20. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Live in New Zealand.

I've used BBTS in the past and each package has never taken more than a week to arrive at my doorstep.

Also have never gotten hit with any customs charges.