BB's Voice(spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by EvaUnit13, Jul 27, 2007.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Dunno if this has been asked, but when does Ratchet fix BB's voice? He was still working on them when they first meet Sam and Mikaela, they probably didn't have time in the backyard, they were running from S7, then BB gets captured. They don't meet again until the final battle, and they were pretty occupied there, so when did he get his voice back?

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I didn't think Ratchet fixed Bumblebee's voice...

When we first get introduced to Ratchet...he points out that Bumblebee's voice doesn't work with his laser. The laser basically makes Bumblebee choke,and Ratchet stops. Maybe that was similar to humans taking medicine?

I always thought that it was Bumblebee's touching of the Allspark that healed his voice. When he touched the Allspark, the energy released during the mass shift healed him, only Bumblebee didn't release it because its been so long since he's had a voice...

3. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Roberto Orci explained that in the scene Squall42080 mentions, with Ratchet's "laser", Ratchet is giving Bumblebee another "treatment" to fix his voicebox. By the end of the film, it's worked and Roberto admits it wasn't explained well.

See here for his original post.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's like cough medicine. Also, as it came closer to the end, BB's electronic gasps became londer and louder, then he clammed up until finally speaking.

Speaking of BB's voice, was I the only one who found it appropriate to be deeper and more dignified? I liked his accent.

5. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

This was discussed in a couple of threads a while back (I know, things move fast, you can't always keep up!).
    Try here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=142762&highlight=voice
    and here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=141138&highlight=voice

There was some speculation that it was contact with the Allspark that healed BB's voice, but the writer says it was Ratchet's regenerative laser that got the process started. I think actually his voice is coming back very gradually throughout the movie, but is really only noticeable at the very end when he says "Permission to speak..." I thought I was just imagining it, but several other people have said they also thought they heard him croak faintly a couple of times:
    *when he's getting trussed up by the S7 people he looks at Sam and seems to say (squeak) "help"
    *When Sam gets the S7 people to let BB off the table and Sam says, "They didn't hurt you, did they?" BB makes a kind of growl which may have said "Yes they hurt me!"
    *When BB hands Sam the cube after his legs have been blown off, he seems to croak "Go!"

Possibly they actually recorded these lines and then distorted/made them faint/mixed them with other noises so that it's really subtle? Did anyone else notice this or are we hallucinating together and "putting words in Bumblebee's mouth"?

6. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

Oops, double post with Split Lip.

I was not expecting Bumblebee to sound British, that's for sure. I'm reserving judgment until TF2.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Help and Go I heard, Yes they hurt me, I didn't hear, but I wasn't really listening for it.

Edit: But I do remember him going "uh-huh" when Sam asked if he was okay. But My sister says she heard him say yes, too.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    BB couldn't talk because he had legs. No legs, no problem.

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Thanks, I forgot about the Allspark and didn't know about Ratchet's laser being medicine

SL: I didn't like his voice. His claps and points after fighting Barricade and the uppercuts when the Autobots arrive don't seem to fit in with the voice, IMO

10. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I didn't know the lazer was medicine! I thought it was the equivalent of the doctor prodding your throat, y'know?

Ratchet medicine+Allspark=voice

I noticed after the Allspark mass shifted and Bee was holding it, the circuits around his face and neck ran currents so I presumed that's when he was healed, or something in that aspect.

I did get a lot of vocals from Bumblebee, I couldn't make most out in the theater. I think when he snapped his face cover down and got his gun out on S7 agents he made some sort of comment in Cybertronian, unless it was synthesized voice for damaged vocals. I thought he also said "thank you" to Mikaela after killing 'Brawl' or 'okay'

11. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I liked his voice too. I thought that his first line was awesome as well. For a character that was mostly mute for the entire film, I thought, "Permission to speak sir" was totally appropriate.

12. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

How come Prime told him not to speak again?

13. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

When did Prime say that? I remember saying something like, "By all means old friend" or something like that. Don't remember Prime saying anything else about BB talking.