BBs motor comes apart in transforming???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ItsStarscream, Jul 4, 2009.

1. cnic

cnic Decepticon

LOL! I know it's just words on a screen but YOU missed my point. Why make 10,000 threads a day about the flaws of the movie or the flaws of the robots? Make one thread and keep the boards clear of all the bullshit. :thumbs2:  That's all I'm saying. This is getting to be as bad as all those " Is Jazz coming back???????" threads from a while back. People just start threads just to start them now. No one untilizes the search engine on this site. All I'm asking is DO NOT post shit that has already been posted in another thread. Is THAT too much to ask?

2. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

It's a MOOOOOOVIE...about giant robots...who gives a shit. I am a car enthusiast, and I don't even take the time to look for stuff like that...you know why?? Because at the end of the day, it is ALL make believe. To think they would go to the lengths to make sure the engine broke down in a "realistic" way, is absurd and just nitpicking.

Anyways, I always thought, because of the way he transforms for the first time in the '07 movie, some of the engine became his head. But ZOMG they didn't use real physics to do that....sheesh

3. cnic

cnic Decepticon

You, sir, are my Hero! :bowdown: 

4. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here maybe this will make you 2 feel better.
    LOOK MA....NO GEARS!!

[​IMG]

5. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

Your point is to make the point by adding to the point you pointed out, Duh!

So I'm pointing to your toys. Go. Play.

6. FriskyPinewood

DUH! WE KNOW THAT!

Just been playing "where's Waldo?" with car parts...Just like others play "Where's R2D2?" in other threads on this very same movie board that peeps don't have a problem with.

7. FriskyPinewood

*facepalm*

8. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I was done "Playing with my toys" when you were just a glimmer in ur pappy's eye. Your point is that you are a pompous ass and can not keep your little "OMG there's gears in BB's armpit" in the other thousands of complaint threads already started. /thread

9. FriskyPinewood

Cool story bro.

10. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Wasn't it though? Just seems as if all you did was join to stir up shit.Have you EVEN seen Transformers outside of the movieverse? Oh, I know. You thought this was GO-BOTS didn't you? Is that why your panties got in a wad?

11. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Trust me you can throw a rod by the timing belt snapping I've seen it in person, yes your more likely going to have other problems 1st but it can happen

12. ItsStarscream

ItsStarscream ImmortalSeekerGod

That was great. ^_^

..but... I thought they were trying to make them 'real'? I thought these 'designers' were good enough to pull it off. I just noticed a huge screw up in the 'cool' factor that for some that know what they are looking at, totally blows its intended 'awesome' intent to look 'cool'....:p 

And yea I guess it must tick off those that don't know jack about cars that they cant understand the humor in this...let the gearheads have their fun (at the expense of realizing how stupid some of these designers at ILM are IMO).... or is 'its just a movie' the only thing that can be said by the ones who probably couldn't pick out the 'timing chain' part that started this whole thread in the first place ;) 

13. FriskyPinewood

Much more likely the rod failed causeing the belt to break. I've seen timing chains do just that as well as shear the teeth off a gear driven Kawasaki twin. Not trying to pick an argument, more or less trying to 'correct' something that goes against my years of hands on experience.

14. ItsStarscream

ItsStarscream ImmortalSeekerGod

I have actually never heard of pitching a rod by busting a timing chain.....I mean....how? the head damage is easy to understand but how would you fling a rod out of the block when the crank stops turning? *scratches head* Not unless there were already issues with the lower end could I even begin to see something like that happening...

I'm thinking back on the last timing chain I blew; 74 Gran Torino, 351W/2bb auto (C6)...3 miles from home...with much messaging to carb and timing (chain wasnt snapped) got it fired back up (wasnt a happy sounding V8 might I add LOL) and limped it home under its own power but at no more then an idle initially -- it wouldnt take any gas without stalling...till I went down hill...whee...was finally able to apply some gas without stalling it and manged to coast/ ease up to about 60MPH ...anyway..I got it home. Tore it down the next weekend...had broken a tooth, jumped 2 teeth to boot on the cam gear and stretched the chain a good inch and half... O_O and WOW...Built. Ford. Tough. took on a whole new meaning then ...but not once did the lower end ever make a peep of complaint.

Now I did warp the crank in my 440 HP in my 68 Charger when I snapped its timing chain once....I was in mid hard launch in 1st gear from a stop sign when all that broke lose...to this day I have no idea if the chain snapping caused the crank issue of if the crank issue caused the chain issue...or for that matter WTF made the crank do what it did.....

15. FriskyPinewood

I admit, I'm not perfect and sometimes get carried away.There is room enough for both of us. I've stuck to my side of the 'hater' tracks, haven't posted anything condeming the film in all those "best film ever" threads. I don't stir up sh*t there, peeps have the right to express thier opinion. I'm cool with that.

Only reason I jumped your case was because you seem willing to let other threads slide that have nothing to do with the film plot or characters. But for whatever reason this thread got under your skin. Maybe it does belong in general Transformers discussion. But, I didn't start the thread, nor the one about R2D2 that nobody has a problem with

None of my posts in this thread have been "OMG! BB's got timing chain under his arms! This movie sucks!". So lets cut out the drama. You don't have to like me. I'm cool with that.

16. FriskyPinewood

clutch dump?

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you know, there is an edit button.

18. FriskyPinewood

Which doesn't effect quotes. ;) 

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you can quote multiple posts in one reply. thus the multiquote option. there's no reason to post two or three replies in a row.

20. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Ok. We got off to the wrong foot. Agreed? I just didn't want the Movie forum turning into an Autozone or O'Reilly parts forum. I felt like when I saw this thread I should be asking what type of oil filter my car takes and how many quarts. lol Just didn't think it had too much to do with the actual movie.:thumbs2: