Bay's TF color changing garbage...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Unicron9, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    I've decided that arguing with this guy is about as effective as cutting my dick off with a popsicle stick. He doesn't listen, or read rather. Just go back and look at my posts. I've shot down everything he's said and then he plays the victim and goes to another subject. So many people have deconstructed his points but he keeps on going. Let's just stop.

2. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Amen bro, amen.

3. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

It was a compliment.

I agree for the most part. Thanks for the reasonable response too.

Are you shitting me? Oh my god... What was I thinking.

Again, i don't see how I came off as pissy about anything but how Bay plays with us and makes up excuses like "red doesne't film well" only to use the hell out of some red later. he lies, says things to spite fans, and was never a TF fan. he only likes HIS TFs.
    And I must not have noticed the films were called "Diaclone". I thought they were Transformers movies.
    GO TO HELL

4. Unicron9

Yeah buddy. You've really shot me down and I just don't listen. Or is it the other way around? You are so concerned with being right no matter what, and you make these overly crude cocky remarks like cutting your dick off and killing yourself. Sorry I had an opinion you didn't like.

5. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    OP, I think
    YOU MIGHT BE MAD

6. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why does it matter what color they are? They aren't the same characters. Most of the movie cast are nameslaps in the first place, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just because some character retain elements similar to past characters doesn't mean they should or could retain all of them.

He's also the director. Go direct your own movie if you want your artistic vision to to hit the big screen. This is Bay's version of transformers. You either take it or leave it.

7. Unicron9

Yes I am fairly unhappy about the number of people who took what I said as meaning I hate the movies and only love G1.
    And the immature hateful and insulting comments and huge bold phrases as though I am an idiot wouldn't go over well with anyone.
    seems to me more like a lot of people here now are outright Bay purists.

See its these types of comments, where it seems nobody has a clue what I meant at all, that I hate.
    I'm not going over the same thing over and over. You guys have at it.
    I edited the original post a bit in hopes that whatever "pissyness" I gave off is nullified a bit.

I have almost all of the movie figures, love the characters way more than G1, and even repainted most of them for better movie accuracy. Except for commissions, i never repaint a movie bot to G1 colors.
    I just think that a movie that is more based on G1 than any other continuity, and that sets the new standard look for these characters, could get a few more of the colors right. Most of them though, I get why they made the color changes.
    That is all... really. Go on and continue telling yourself that all I am saying is that the movies suck and everything should be G1. I really don't care anymore, but for the first time ever, I am somewhat ashamed to be part of this fanbase... Here anyway.
    "Then don't post in the general forums anymore", right? Don't worry, I won't.

8. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Dude, I'd let it go. You're entitled to your opinion and all, but some people get into a rage over the smallest and most insignificant things, like 90% of the posters in this thread. Heck, I'm not a colors guy, because I never watched G1, but still, some people get so unbelievably hurt over opinions on here that it is crazy.
    By all means, you are free to do what you want. But this is a tough forum.

9. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I wore the same grey jacket for years. Then, back in 2007, I fancied a bit of change, and got a green one. There was no real reason behind my decision, other than it was new and a bit more modern. I thought it looked nice. People bitched at first, because they'd gotten so used to my grey jacket that they couldn't see how awesome my new one was. Then, they slowly got used to it, and eventually realised that mixing looks up can be a good thing. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it can add another element to the wardrobe that can be used in future.

Then, all of a sudden, some guy started bitching about my new jacket (which is now actually quite old!), and said i should go back to wearing my grey one. I was like "Seriously? This again? Dude, its been like, four years!"

Anyway, back to transformers.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You do know film making has improved over the past four years, right?

He had limitations back in 2007. It's 2011. Film making had advanced, becoming more digital-dependant and less actual film. Meaning color interferance becomes less of an issue. It's not "lying" and it's not an excuse "to spite fans". That's terrible, hasty thinking.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This. Movie technology has come a long way in a rather short time. It also helps that the budget is larger for this movie than that of the first one.

I've taken several film classes, and while I've never tried to film a red vehicle, I have filmed a fair amount of green-screen footage. Red is not a color you want someone wearing in-front of a green screen (different situation, but it's the closest I've experienced to what Bay was talking about back in 2007).

12. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

14. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Wow! So instead of actually having a grown up discussion about this all of you just feel the need to say, "THIS IS NOT G1!"?

I love G1 and I love the movies. I guess a lot of you hate "gewunners" but I hate those that always have to remind people that "THIS IS NOT G1".

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I have sympathy for how the OP feels. Certainly I would've liked different colours to be used for certain characters. I find it's easer to just put the Bay Transformers side of things into a separate box marked 'Something Else' and just go with it.

16. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok OP. I cannot see what your point is if you're not complaining about the colors. Please enlighten me so I can see where exactly I was wrong in replying to you. I cannot decipherer what you are going on about due to how this thread blew up.

17. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    :lol  This thread.

18. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I personally don't have a problem with the colors they are using. I mean you can't expect everything to be exactly like G1. I have no problems with G1 at all I do not love it nor hate it. The movieverse dosen't have to be like G1 at all. I just don't see Soundwave working as a tape player in the movieverse. Besides they gave that to Frenzy.

19. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

The color change for me is actually a fun thing. I like seeing an old character with a new perspective. There's a few characters out there such as Prime and Shockwave that I think are almost staples with their color schemes, but other characters, particularly ones the general populace aren't as familiar with, are open for interpretation.

The important thing is not to treat people as idiots and not expect them to ever feel the urge to delve into a franchise's history and find out more about the roots themselves. Pretend I was new to Transformers and hadn't grown up with G1. Having come away from seeing the live action films, doing research into where the franchise originally came from and how it's evolved and branched out over the years, to me, would be a fascinating thing. Seeing the original goofy designs, weird color schemes and campy acting would be part of the charm. (In fact, as someone who grew up with G1, I still find a vast amount of TF lore and history out there that I've never even heard of.)

At the end of the day, if I want to see old lightglobed-eared Wheeljack or red van Ironhide, or tapedeck Soundwave, G1 hasn't gone anywhere. It's still sitting on my DVD rack, next to my G1 figures. It exists like it does for everyone who has even a slight passing interest into exploring the origins of where the Bayformers came from.

And that's rad.

20. Unicron9

Except that bay has outright said that he never hated a fan base like the TF fans. I get that, because the true G1 die hard guys DID send him threats and stuff.
    Bay DOES for a fact lie and change his story/excuses often, like "Megatron will not be in this movie" among many other things. I'm amazed you didn't know that, but your point about movie technology improving is valid nonetheless.

ElectricPrada (what a gay name btw lol) I'm done bothering with you man. I'd almost think that little photoshop job you actually cared enough to spend time on was funny, if you weren't such a douche.
    Who uses a 9 at the end of their handle anyway? I mean wtf?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.