Bay's TF color changing garbage...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Unicron9, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    Bay's TF color changes

Edits in bold, because apparently my wording or something was "hot headed".
    That was not my intention here, and I'd like to stop being bashed by school kids until this thread is deleted.

Maybe its just me, but the main thing about the changes to transformers characters in the live action trilogy that slightly bothers me is the color changes. I expect the bots to be way more complex, the movie toys to have next gen realism, and some modernized voices, and they do, but the color of the characters is, to me, possibly most important.
    So Ironhide and Sideswipe could have been red. Bay acknowledges this fact and states that the reason for the changes was because red does not film well.
    Then to pull his usual self contradiction, he turns 2 characters that have been blue in almost every continuity, to red! I'm talking about Sentinel Prime and Mirage.
    I like both Ironhide and Sideswipe in the films, but I don't at all feel like they are the same characters I've always known. Then again, with no voice and being a larger ninja sports car, I don't feel Bumblebee is the same character much either, even with his yellow color.
    I guess very few besides Optimus feel much like the character they are supposed to be though.
    Maybe the info I've gathered about DOTM has finally made me decide the live action trilogy is almost as much a pollution of the already overly varied TF universes as decent movies.
    For me, another director can easily make a more G1 accurate set of movies one day that is just as realistic, yet much better than these movies. I don't think the Bay films will be like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, where it would be a couple of decades at least before a better version could be conceived.

Deleted this last part about hoping they would one day make a TF movie that is based more on G1, since it somehow offended the hell out of people.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    How hard is it to get through people's heads?

They aren't. The same. Characters.

Ironhide doesn't have to be red in every continuity. Ratchet doesn't have to be white in every continuity. Mirage doesn't have to be blue, Sentinel Prime doesn't have to be blue, Bumblebee doesn't have to be a kid-friendly buggy, etc, etc, etc.

Deal with it.

3. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Its probably because this isn't G1. Its a whole different Transformers universe that has nothing to do with the original cartoon, other than names of characters and key features from the cartoon (space bridges, Allspark, Matrix of Leadership, Wreckers, the Ark).

The only thing I was expecting when I first saw TF1 was original voice actors from the cartoon, but I soon saw that the only voice I could recall was that of Peter Cullen.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Listen....very carefully

THIS IS NOT G1!

5. protonpackin

protonpackin Well-Known Member

i hate that so many ppl have to hold everything to G1 standards...not every incarnation of the TFs have to be just like G1....i grew up on G1 but for me that is not what i want to see over and over again

6. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    While were at it, why don't we send an angry letter to Bay, asking why Megatron is not a pistol and Soundwave is not a tape deck.

The only thing I do with the movies and the G1 cartoon is look at the characters featured in the films and see how they got their start within the actual cartoon.

7. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what they said^

8. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh ffs are people still bitching about this? Really? Mirage should have been blue cause he was blue in G1, boo hoo hoo.
    No, Mirage should be a mother fucking Decepticon Boat, Ironhide should be blue, Optimus Prime should be a firetruck, and Mudflap should be a blue crane, cause that's what all those characters have been in various continuities.

So wise up, realise that the Movieverse is a seperate continity unique to itself, and either enjoy it for what it is or ignore it completely, whatever. Just please stop whining like a little bitch. This is Transformers, don't like this continity? Another one will be along shortly.

9. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

Look I grew up with g1 too but I'm just happy that tech has caught up to make a live action semi beleivable transformer possible. Sure not everything is all sunshine and lollipops but I could see a camaro changing into bumblebee as something possible.

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    So, when you going to start bitching about how Ironhide was white nobody in RiD and a blue dork in Energon? How about Armada Sidewipe being a blue dweeb in Armada? Or how Mirage in Energon was not only predominanty yellow and purple, but also a Decepticon, and freaking boat to boot?

That's the different between adapting Transformers to the screen, and adapting Transformers G1 to the screen. Topics like this are beating a dead horse, and then raping it. That ship has not only sailed, but has made innumerable transatlantic ships since 1992.

11. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    This

I'm glad that when characters transformed into their robot form, they didn't look spot on with their G1 incarnations.

12. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    This. It is a completely different brand of transformers. If your not a fan of the movie designs then don't watch the movie.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Wait...after all this time there are still people complaining about the movie-verse not being G1 accurate? Really?

14. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Like I have said on multiple occasions and like others have already said above me. This. is. not. G1!

Different Universe, different looks, colors, etc. G1 is not the only generation of Transformers, why do a lot of people act like it is? Dude, the 80's have been over.

You expect the bots to be more complex?.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the movieverse Transformers the most complex BY FAR?

Sounds to me you just want these movies to be like you want them to be.

:horse: :deadhorse: :horse: :deadhorse: 

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Just completely boggles the mind, doesn't it.

16. HypnoFirework

HypnoFirework Elcor

good thing this isn't G1

17. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    You know, there is a movie with great G1 accuracy. I suggest you check it out:

[​IMG]

18. cnic

cnic Decepticon

lololololololololol

19. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

LOL

This one should make GEEWUNers MORE angry! They complete create deus ex machina with the Matrix, they kill off pretty much all the characters you know and introduce you to characters that you don't but pretend that you do!

*rolls eyes*

(note: I was being sarcastic, I love the G1 cartoon the movie and all seasons!)

20. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Yea, I myself have yet to see this movie. I own all seasons of the G1 cartoon (including those which followed the movie), but am having trouble finding the actual movie. I look at FYE any chance get, but no luck :( 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.