Bay's Response: Don't Ever Bet Against Me Making My Date

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Michael Bay swung by his forums at ShootForTheEdit.com to make a response to the denial by Dreamworks that they are ready for Transformers 2. His reponse:

You can view the post in the discussion thread at ShootForTheEdit by clicking here: Michael Bay Responds to The Denial by Dreamworks Regarding Transformers 2

2. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really happy that TF2 is getting underway, yet I hope his attitude doesn't cause waves between him and the studio causing problems for this franchise.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Here's my response to Bay's comment:

Dear Mr. Bay:

I'm a longtime Transformers fan, and really enjoyed the first of your live-action Transformers movies so far. I know you probably would care less about what we fans have to say, but all I can say is just do your best with Transformers 2 and don't worry about making it to the June 2009 release date. I solemnly swear to do my best to wait until Transformers 2 is released in theatres, even if it's before or after the specified release date.

From, Trans+Crazy

4. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    As long as it gets made and comes out, I could care less about discrepancies between Michael's ego and Dreamworks.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I bet he cocked a shotgun after writing that line.

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

If Dreamworks vs. Bay is this entertaining alone, I can't wait to see the movie!

7. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Awesome response. Awesome pool!

8. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

All Dreamworks' statement said was the production status hasn't changed (which it wouldn't seems how the strike just ended wednesday) and had no offices set up yet. I'm sure Bay has been working out of his own throughout the strike though. So I think its a little early to start worrying about making the current date or not.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    So this is basically a pissing contest, well alrighty then.:lol 

Personally I don't care if it gets pushed back a year, I just want it to be good. I'm afraid if there's a rush on it there'll be MAJOR problems with it, guess we'll hafta wait and see.

10. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

I would see that movie.

11. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't mess with the Bay! He's got giant robots on his side. :D 

12. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    MBay needs to chill I think. I hope Spielberg steps in at some point and says, "Dude, you need to calm down." Otherwise they may rush to finish the movie and put out a shit product.

13. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

I would very much rather Michael Bay put his ego and arrogance aside, slow down for once and really, truly focus on having a really compelling story put together, then enhance that with some top-notch action and effects. I don't care if he makes the original release date, I want the sequel to have more substance than the first film.

"But he's got high hopes, he's got hiiiiiigh hopes..."

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Okay I'm a fairly harsh critic of Bay because I've yet to really enjoy one of his movies and I often feel like the guy comes off as jerk when a bit of being nice would work so much better.

However if Bay says they are good go then I'm more likely to belive him than one of the suits. Bay is the one that has to organize the army of professionals it takes to make a large modern motion picture. I know Bay can be ultra full of himself sometimes but it's not like this is his first film ever so I'm sure he's gone over his game plan far more times about how to get in on time than the suits have.

Or lets put it this way if you want to know if the ship is ready to sail do you ask the owner who only knew how to write the check for the ship or do you ask the ship's captain if the boat is ready to sail?

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Paramount suits are running Dreamworks these days since Spielberg and his partners sold the studio to Paramount while back.

From I recall, Spielberg isn't too happy with Dreamworks these days.

16. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

I dunno why Dreamworks denied any progress on TF2 with the writer's guild and the studios reaching the agreement last weekend !!! Must of the other movie studios didn't mention any problem with the work that was halted during the strike( of course they wouldn't admit to it either ) but this is basically kinna a slap in the face to Dreamworks by part of MB!!

17. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    You can't be that successful of a creative person without some kind of ego. I mean, have you ever read Frank Lloyd Wright's autobiography? The guy was a stubborn, self-righteous ass but he was awesome because of it. William Shatner, etc. :D 

Still, I hope this doesn't delay the movie because of an executive pissing contest.

18. Thundercloud

Thundercloud Lone wolf

Wow... just how big is this guy's confidence in himself?
    But that might not be a bad thing when it comes to today's movie industry. Especially when dealing with corporates.
    Although Bay's comment scratches the chalk board, I'm on his side in this one. Hope he makes the deadline.

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I really could care less about any of this stuff. Deadlines, Dreamworks, Bay, whatever! Just PLEASE make the second movie have more plot and character development!! I don't care if it is 2009, 2010, 2011, etc. Just focus on your characters this time.

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Asking Micheal to put aside his ego and arrogence? You're asking for the moon and the stars.
    I really am afraid that Bay won't learn from his mistakes and just a make carbon copy of the first movie. :(