Bay's phone survey reply

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by iwasherenotyou, Feb 7, 2009.

1. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    the following is from transformerslive.blogspot.com

yay the stuff from the phone survey thing is fake. yay!!

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Interesting...

3. MisterE

MisterE What?

I guessed as much. The synopsis had a few inconsistencies with what's already known.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never thought it was true anyway.

I mean, random phone calls telling you 90% OF THE PLOT 6 months before the release?!

5. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    What the heck is Phone Survey?

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Loved how Bay said "I love how you guys try to figure it out but... you have so much of it wrong."

Obviously he's keeping tabs on how us fans are digesting every single thing about ROTF that we could get our hands on, to make that comment.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    yeah, It's cool that he keeps an eye on it.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Seeing that we all literally pounced on everything in relation to the first movie while they were still filming it, I could definitely see Bay doing his best to film ROTF knowing that there are 100s---if not 1,000s---of TF fans just dying to know everything that's going on with it and therefore he not only has to keep tabs on how much info we digest online, but also goes out to say something within the lines of "everything you've heard is wrong, don't believe every single word of it."

But then again, I'm sure he's also the one who launched a misinformation campaign in order to try and keep us in the dark, to make us all debate what's going to happen, and is laughing at us for all the responses we've made to certain things in ROTF that aren't even going to happen.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

What's funny is that we've figured out the bulk of it already because Bay doesn't really do anything out of the box as a director so after several of films we all know pretty much what to expect.

Lots of things will blow up in really cool looking way. Some areas of the film that are hard to follow because of how he wants to do the camera. A fairly weak story so the film can be built around the action not the plot. Some lines that would fit better into one of those 80's action films. A bad attempt at a love story. And then rig up the ending so people can feel happy about something.

All we don't know are the little details like all the robots names or just how many of them get killed off to make it all edgy.

Of course it is rather fun watching Bay think he's James Bond keeping some secret from SPECTOR. Just too bad I don't have a white cat and a cool line like "No Mr. Bay, I expect you to make a rather predictable special effects dependent movie"