Bayonetta - She can snipe you with her FEET!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by cheetorBWORG, Nov 22, 2009.

1. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:

Oh... AND HER HAIR IS HER SKIN TIGHT SUIT.

This game is published by Sega, and directed by Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe creator, Hideki Kamiya.

Famitsu gave the X360 version a PERFECT score, while the PS3 version had a 38/40, because of a few framerate and graphical issues.

UK magazine EDGE also scored it perfectly, 10/10.

I have never heard about this game until this passing Thursday, when I finally was getting backed up podcasts on my iPod. Was listening to the Gamespot podcast when I heard about this game. I mosey on down to Gamespot and lo-and-behold, they're holding a giveaway for codes to get the Demo early. I signed up, got my code and tried to get on XBox Live, but my wireless connection was being a bitch. Yesterday, I managed to log on, get the XBox update and download the Demo.

HOLY. SHIT.

It's battle mechanics, while looking at the game, may make you disoriented, because of all the action, it is VERY EASY.

Y is Punch, B is Kick, X is a weak gun attack and A is jump.

You can string combos together with Y and B, and you can also initiate strong gun attacks by holding down the Y or B buttons.

But what's cool is that if you give the Left Stick a quick rotation, followed up by Y or B, you go into this mode where you just start shooting the enemy up! It's hard to explain this, but once you play the demo, you'll understand how awesome yet easy to do this is.

I'm going to give the Demo another try, this time with Normal mode, and see what happens. Based on that, I may just purchase this game.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I played the Japanese demo on PSN about a month ago, and it was good, nothing that I am too excited about, especially with GOW3 coming a month later, but I may rent this, since I loved DMC so much.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    non stop climax action?

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

5. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    She can climax me anytime.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to redownload this demo and give it another shot. It should still be on the store, especially with the whole "climax" thing.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  7. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

8. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Ore... sanjou!

9. batcam11

batcam11 SHINIGAMI CHOP!!!

she can pull my trigger anytime.

10. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Downloaded the demo from the Japanese PSN store last month. Incredible looking game!

11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

looks like devil may cry (which I love) with tna (which I also love). however I have a real problem with games that seem like copies of other games, but with a gimmick. the trailer was much better with the sound off. man those voices are bad.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just tried the demo again. Over the top craziness. The day I beat God of War 3 I will buy this.

13. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Wow- an original story instead of a bastardization of Greek mythology? I'd take this over God of War any day.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    riiiiiiigggght

15. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    That's one of my big draws for this game. I mean, God 1 and 2 and the PSP title were like playing the same game over and over. X,X,X then quick time O the *yawn*

Plus dis der game has'n der bewbs.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense, but this feels almost exactly like DMC, but with a woman (this is not limited to the architecture either nor setting as well as the entire color pallet and feel to the game in general) and I just replayed the demo this evening. To me that's not a bad thing, because more DMC, but with TNA is only a good thing, but no more guilty is GOW that introduces new weapons and an entirely new story each time around (or moves the existing story along), than this game for throwing in a new lead and weaving some new moves around an existing 8 year old formula. The only difference is that instead of XXX, it was O,O,O then square for guns. Been there done that. But again, I'm not complaining, just don't rip on GOW for it when this game is not really doing anything different...

BEWBS do count for a lot though :D 

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  17. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Right. But it's still the same game. Same character. You can defend it as much as you want, and it'll sell millions, but so did Halo 3. So, no offense taken because while Bayonetta looks like DMC, God of War 3 IS God of War 2.

This game looks better. Looks more fun. More action packed. More over the top. I will buy this game.

... and I don't have a PS3 anymore...

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ever get the feeling certain game designers need to get laid?

Anyways, I love Devil May Cry and those style of games, but since my girlfriend often watches me play games or at least is in the same room, I really don't want to play a game where a girl has to strip to attack and all the cinemas seem to find a way to show a crotch closeup.

19. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I'm sure Kamiya-san gets lots of ass, Liege.

Plus, you've got to remember: She's naked all the time. Her hair just becomes her jumpsuit.

But the game kicks all kinds of action ass. You won't regret picking it up, even with the girlfriend around.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, just watching this games trailers made me think that, but I actually have no idea how often a Japanese game designer gets "ass", but it's kinda creepy you sound like you know they do. I guess the old saying is true- "Chicks love video game designers".

That being said, if I ever get it, it wouldn't be anytime soon. From now until at least March, a constant stream of games I have to get are coming out and I have no time for any of them.