"Bayformers" Trolls

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transmetal2dinobot, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    this is a question directed toward the people who seem to keep either making threads to criticize the movie or post pointless arguments in other threads.
    Why do you bother doing it?
    In doing this, you are making yourself out as trolls and making your arguments seem all the more petty.
    Yes, it is good to have constructive criticism, but to just go on saying you hate the movie or criticizing the crew, who are doing their jobs damn well, is just childish and rude. Michael Bay is a director, he will make a movie as he envisions it, and not everyone will like that but they have to accept that. Orci and Kurtzman are good writers, and they will do the best with the material they have to work with, as will Kruger. Spielburg doesn't get on board sinking ships, so that's gotta be a plus for everyone. The first movie had flaws, as all films do, but the majority who saw it loved it. The sequel will not be perfect either, but it will likely be an improvement. There is no perfect movie, and when you consider that this franchise is primarily based on SELLING TOYS this is as good as it gets. Film aesthetics change over the years, and this is the place we are at now.
    If you obsess over G1, you're never going to get anywhere. G1 is finished for the most part, with toylines and fiction cropping up based on the material basing themselves on it's residual charm. Unfortunately, G1 would not translate well into hollywood as a serious movie, and would probably be camped uto mock itself(look at movies like starsky and hutch, the brady bunch movie and it's sequel, numerous others), because that's what would sell. Harsh reality, noones going to make a movie exclusively for die hard fans.

I know this thread won't stop you, because the internet has given all who use it the dangerous tool of free speech, and a shitstorm will likely brew within this thread itself, but hopefully my point will get across. Voice your opinions, but constructively. I leave you with this analogy:
    If s student fails a class, there is no point in a teacher yelling at them and saying they'll never get it right. If the teacher helps the students, and helps them in the right direction without straight up giving them the answers, the student will learns and will likely succeed.

yes, that's a lot of text, but i'm a media/culture student, so that happens

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Thing is the movie had it´s flaws and such, but it was a great experience.

And some people talk like Bay kicked their dog. Why all the hate?

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Prime had flames.

4. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the first movie was fun, i enjoyed it, i dont particularly care for the designs and i dont like 99.5% of the toys, that however doesnt bother me. i see the movie style as a parallell line in the TF universe. It all reminds me of people complaining that modern music generally is crap, well thats fine as that what back catalogues are for, and the same goes for the transformers world, the back catalogue is on ebay (unfortunately). with a current choice of encore reissues/universe/movie/binaltech and animated theres lots to hold our attention and take our $$!

5. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    This thread cannot end well.

However, after some particularly pointless speculation threads that have devolved into "ranters vs. ravers" and all the bitch-fests over the first (and now it seems the second) movie I get where you're coming from.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

...this thread needs to be closed before it goes down the drain. Trolling a troll is still trolling

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Because Michael Bay makes shit movies for shit people. Movies that cater to the lowest possible denominator of demographics. Filled with explosions and hot chicks and bare midriffs and more explosions.

How dare he defile the sanctity of the art form known as film with his mind numbing explosion filled romps that do nothing more than show fast cars and shit blowing up all while the camera pans around the hero.

Anyway, that's what I read on movie message boards where people think it's some kind of sin to make popcorn flicks, hell aside from Pearl Harbor I have liked most of Bay's movies.

8. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    People who don't like things that were changed to fit into the films, remember this, transformers is, and always has been about change, and adaptation. I for one welcome new ideas and concepts to an ever expanding mythos. Animated is another example of drastic change that turned out great.

also, in before lock.

9. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Usually I don't post at the movie forum due to my opinions on the film and its creators. I got to admit that I didn't see the movie (due to obvious reasons) and therefore I can't put any type of criticism on the table.

But that is not why I decided to reply to your thread. I do not know if you were on the boards while people were against the movie and there were a lot of bashing going on in these forums, just as we started to see leaked pics of the cars, bots and read the leaked script. But I don't know if you have noticed that these bashes had stopped and died out (kinda) since the movie went out to theaters and I truly do not understand why you try to start up the fire again. But hey, just like you mentioned: this is the internet and a transformers boards so it is your right to start any kind of thread you like but regardless the subject or not, you are bitting a dead horse :horse:  IMHO. These things were chewed up for god knows how many threads. Bay will do his films rather some fans like it or not (like me) and I don't see the point in going and letting the bashing stat all over again. It is one's choice to either go see it or not.

`nuff said.

10. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Yeah, some of them are just straight up crazy. One name comes to mind.

Hedgehogg

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Every once in awhile, I actually consider giving people like you a genuine answer. Usually I realize that the time would be infinitely better spent explaining Microsoft's Component Object Model to my dog. Luckilly for you, here's something that resembles an answer but isn't really a complete one.

What's frustrating is:

1. You have an apparent, and even declared, inability to understand. When I tell you why I don't like something, I have told you why I don't like something. Yet, somehow, people "don't understand" why I don't like the movie. It's so simple and yet there is no end to topics like this. It's almost as if you don't _want_ to understand. Would you be thrown out of the fan club if you did?

2. You claim your opinions as fact and others' facts as opinion. Not liking a movie is not petty or childish or rude. Michael Bay is a _successful_ director (fact), not a good one (opinion). Generation 1 is not finished, but alive through 25 or so chapters of IDW's only ongoing TransFormer series, the bulk of Takara's TransFormer lines, Hasbro's Universe 2.0, etc. And so on and so on throughout you post and the thousands that have come before it.

3. You do not see blatant hypocrisy of the above for what it is. If it is ignorant for me to say "Transformers 2 will be stupid" because I have not seen it, then it is also ignorant of you to say "Transformers 2 will be awesome" because you have not seen it. If I don't speak for any part of the fandom, what the hell makes you think you speak for any part of it either?

4. What kind of authoritarian declares free speech a dangerous tool? Is it only constructive unless we have the gall to defy you or your One Truth? Why is negativity only bad or unwarranted when something other than G1 is the target? Is the criteria for a "pointless" argument based on someone's desires in particular or can I continue to go by the dictionary's definition?

12. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Hi!
    I'm a Bayformers troll.
    Why?
    Because if you took off all the ILM work from the movie, what do you have?
    A campy teen comedy surely not worthing of $700 million (excluding DVD sales).

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Thank you for that wonderfull and insighfull post:rolleyes2 

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :trolls: 

15. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A thread destined for greatness ;) . ok gotta go before it gets real messy in here.

16. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you completely.
    Unfortunately the people you're talking about won't listen, they enjoy going into every single movie related thread and trolling, playing the same broken record over and over. It's usually the same little group too.

See a new movie news thread or discussion thread? Then you'll see the same names, saying the same negative things. I think they get off on it.

There's been things in the Transformers franchise that I have disliked before, but I never went into EVERY discussion thread on them and repeated my opinion over and over, or attempted to cause trouble by doing thus.

The best thing to do with them is put them on ignore, this is what REALLY pisses them off. With nobody to read the tripe that they spew they get frustrated. They like the attention and the stupid back and forth bickering that they can get started. Idiots like this are a dime a dozen on the net, as you probably know.

I have no problem with the people here who didn't enjoy the movie and put their views across in an sensible, adult, level headed manner. Thats great. But when I see these little jumped up, know-it-all, egotistical morons whining on about such pathetic things like why Ironhide wasn't red, why Optimus has a mouth, that the movie should have been all robots or that Bay hates G1 and thus should be burned at the stake, that is when I do have a problem.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually, I kind of agree with him. It's like Garfield Without Garfield, removing the title characters puts a whole new perspective on it.

18. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think $700 million would have happened if the special effects-driven movie with special effects lead characters had no special effects. :D 

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    In my mind, I'm seeing a freight train hitting a solid concrete wall.

20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    All too true, but I was referring to the teen comedy part. Then again, Hannah Montana is a teen/tween comedy and it makes mad bank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.