Bayformers do you like them?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Prime 3, Jun 29, 2014.

?

Bayformers do you like them?

1. Yes I like them

178 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. No I don't like them

129 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. Optimus Prime 3

Optimus Prime 3 Autobot Commander

Ebay:
    By Bayformers I mean the Transformers from the Michael Bay movies.

2. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    No.

3. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

I'm still tied to G1 nostalgia (though I admit the toon really wasn't that great).

As for the Bay movies, I saw the first one and my initial reaction was "shame on Bay". Saw the second one, and my first thought was "shame on me". Haven't gone down that road since.

4. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Are you referring to Bayformers in terms of movie CGI models or toy versions?

I know when the CGI models first hit the internet in 2007 and then the toy images popped up, I wasn't exactly thrilled since it was such a drastic departure from the blocky designs we were used to. However, much later, alot of the designs, in terms of Autobots, have grown on me and we have got some pretty good toys from them even though they took a sequel or two to get some decent versions of said toys (ROTF Prime, ROTF Deluxe Ratchet, DOTM Leader Ironhide).

Now, the Decepticons, on the other hand were a mixed bag. I remember all the hate Megatron first got but I eventually got used to it and I loved his design by DOTM. Starscream, I just couldn't get used to his chicken walker legs but his HFTD Toy was damn near perfect. I didn't really care for the Constructicons, especially ROTF Demolishor and a lot of them seemed to have a generic almost insect like face like Blackout, Bonecrusher, and the Dreads from DOTM. Sometimes, it was kind of hard to tell which con was which.

5. Optimus Prime 3

Optimus Prime 3 Autobot Commander

Ebay:
    I refer to both the toys and the CGI models.

6. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    I'm an old boy and love the g1 stuff. As for :bay  I hated the movies when they came out, last night I watched the first one again and surprisingly enjoyed it. I have a few Bayverse figures but some of them are just too ugly in bot mode, as for devastator WTF did they do, I would never own it or any of the bayverse Cons........... just too damn thugly. I do have a small contingent of movie autobots though.

7. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I clicked yes.. But ONLY because I liked a few of the changes Bay made to make things feel more "plausible". Most things in the movies were changed TO MUCH, but there were some changes I could agreed with. Hands/arms turning into weapons, retractable battle masks, Starscream upgraded to a F-22 Raptor (though NOT his Robot mode) are all ideas I found myself understanding.

*Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bayformer's the first to introduce the idea of hands retracting and being replaced w/ a weapon (think Bumblebee's cannon)? I thought up until that point, Transformers (with the exception of a handful of individual 'bots) all used hand-held weapons.

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I like them as well as the G1 aesthetic.

9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Yes.

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

The movie designs are too cluttered and make no sense. They're just jumbled up piles of metal. You can't even tell that they turn into anything. I think Bay said he had a problem with robots walking around with car parts on them but I think that's a key element of the classic Transformers design. I'll be the happiest guy around when someone else reboots the franchise and hopefully chooses a more traditional design standard. I'm not saying they have to be G1 (although that would be nice) but something a little more traditional.

11. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

On screen definitely not. Too cluttered with all these pieces of metal everywhere (which should be very fragile, especially considering since they seem to use projectile weapons: a smooth angled bodyshape works best with thos). And they're all so similar in colors.

They toys I like better. The realistic altmode and highly detailed robots I appreciate. But in the end I still don't really like them. The faces are weird and many of them are rather spindly.

Looking at my collection I was shocked to see that I still bought so many of them that they rank on the second place series wise. And of course, you can't sell them without a loss, making me regret buying almost everyone bought, save for a handful of figures that I want to keep.

12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl TFW2005 Supporter

I used to hate them but the new movie toys turned me around on that. Now I wanna track down a ROTF Leader Prime.

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    ROTF is probably tied with Animated for best TF toyline, so yeah I love them.

14. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I gave up on the movies after the second one.

I dabbled with a few of the toys from the first two movies but resold all of them once I started to focus on Masterpieces and 3rd party figures.

I voted "No" :lol 

15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    This guy. Nowt wrong with variety. The films themselves are a mixed bag, but I love the designs and many of the toys that followed. RotF and HftD have some of the best engineered and produced figures out there.

However, the majority of the DotM toys didn't cut if for me (though Leader Sentinel, voyager megs and Skyhammer were all amazing) and I'm yet to own anything from AOE. I have Rusty Prime and Mirage/Dino (RotF engineering FTW) on Pre-Order, and in truth I'm very excited for them, but other than that there's not really anything else I fancy.

Now, show me a voyager Lockdown and maybe we'll talk.

16. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

Love the aesthetic. Variety is the spice of life. It's why Beast Wars was so great.

17. Huffington

Huffington Banned

No. They are grotesque

18. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

Every line has it's highs and lows but, in general, I like the majority of the Movie TFs.

19. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

X2

Movies aren't the greatest but I like many of the design's and I also like the modern alt modes.

20. stuart101

stuart101 Active Member

The Autobots designs are great, i just wish the Decepticons were more identifiable