Bayformer Fan Watches Transformers: Robots in Disguise [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Jan 2, 2018.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    headlock being based on mick from Rocky always makes me laugh

• Like Like x 1
  2. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

I hadn't noticed they were all animals up until this point actually. Also, don't lynch me, I've never seen any of the Rocky films. He seemed very Gorillaesque in his robot mode but wasn't he a constructicon in his vehicle mode?

That's what I like to stand by, I think Groundpounder is the victim to a certain degree.

Maybe he was arrested before Megatron showed up?

Next episode is coming right up! Watched it around 2:30 AM this morning with the intention of writing the entry at work but low and behold, the server at my workstation is busted and the IT company was on holiday. :p 

See above. ><

• Like Like x 1
  3. CaptainSlayer

The Trouble with Fixit

I always wondered why they would put a single little minicon on board a prison transport ship filled with Decepticons but now it makes WAY more sense.

This episode combined with the last really makes Fixit seem like quite the capable bot. It's a little strange that he goes into 'kill all cons' mode when using his weapons but I guess it matches all the other little Fixits we saw earlier in the series.

I believe this is the first time I've seen earth wildlife be an antagonist too...

Well, we finally see the return of Chop Shop and it kind of seems like the build up wasn't a good foresight into the payoff. The guy was only around for a few minutes and spend the entire time running away from turrets and Fixit. I thought for certain he'd end up joining Steeljaw's crew... who knows, maybe soon.

I like that Fixit trusts Denny more than anyone else on the team and the bond between those two is cool to see after all the arguing they did while tearing the scrap yard apart earlier.

At the end of the episode we also get a hint at some great evil coming to Earth. I can't imagine it'd be Unicron after what happened in the Prime Season One finale so I won't jump to any conclusion though I do have a sneaking suspicion of who it COULD be... but with how this show has gone so far, I could very well be WAY off.

I think we've only got five or six more episodes in Season One anyway so it won't be too long before I know for certain. :) 

See ya' next time!

• Like Like x 2
  4. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    You are right about an evil threat coming to Earth soon. You’ll learn their identity within the coming episodes....

So there was more to Fixit that met the eye and this was one of my favourite episodes of the season. Notice how Drift jumped straight to having Fixit killed? Very interesting for a noble Autobot Bounty Hunter who’s life is built on honour...

You’ll learn more about the Alchemor in future episodes but for now, that’s all I can really say, glad you enjoyed it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CaptainSlayer

Lockout

I'm home sick today and planned to try and wrap up Season One but I had a lot of trouble staying awake during this episode so I'm going to leave it at this one.

First off, Kickback has a very cool alt mode and I really hope we see more of him in the future. I liked his look a lot.

Second, someone said earlier that Headlock was the first con to not have an animal form but isn't Fracture the one who gets to take that honor? I'd forgotten about him until this episode.

Third, I like that this episode shows how crafty the Decepticons can be and if they'd just set the subsonic force field to include Minicons we'd be on a much different playing field right now.

It's awesome to see such a diverse cast of characters in a single episode and it makes me more thankful for the way this show operates as opposed to Prime.

I like how Clampdown was kind enough to help Fixit out of his glitchy moment by giving him a slap on the back. I would have liked to see how things played out if they managed to release all the old prisoners and recruit them into Steeljaw's cause, but maybe I'll get that soon.

Of course, I guess I should be careful calling it 'Steeljaw's' cause right now since some black knight showed up at the end in a mirror Optimus style. I didn't want to give my guesses away yesterday but I guess it's fine to voice them now.

I expected the big bad evil to be the return of Megatron or Gavaltron and while I'm not willing to say that this isn't some 'troncarnation', it does seem like his design is way different regardless. If Prime can make it through the spirit realm, so can Megatron.

Overall, today's episode was a lot of fun with the large cast and I hope to see more like it in the future. Shame on them for using the episode name 'Lockout' and not actually including Lockout... unless that was him at the end which doesn't make much sense.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Star Seeker

What I said was he was the first non animal prisoner. While it's true Fracture was the first non animal Decepticon he's a bounty hunter not an Alchemor prisoner.

So we finally get to see Steeljaw's gang in action, and we finally learn Steeljaw's crime. Clampdown was the show stealer in this episode because he wound up being the most useful next to Fracture. Despite their best efforts they still have to retreat, and Steeljaw gets a surprise visitor. This guy claims he's responsible for the Alchemor's crash and calls himself the first Decepticon. That sure sounds awfully familiar.....

By the way instead of lockout I think you mean Lockdown, the best character from Animated that became one of the best movie characters.

So in regards to the other episodes we see Chop Shop return just to get captured and Fixit go movie Optimus on the rest of the gang. Like Sean mentioned there was something interesting about Drift's lack of hesitation in regards to killing Fixit.

It does raise more questions as to why he needs such lethal weapons to deal with what are mostly low-life criminals. I have a theory about that but this is something I want to discuss with those of us who have seen the show.

So what if Fixit's murder mode was
    designed by the council as as some sort of last resort to wipe their slate clean. If their secret got out they'd surely want something to take care of that before that information spread. We all know Clampdown blackmailed the council, so what if that mode was meant to eliminate people like him who knew too much in case they escaped?

The other theory is perhaps it was part of the plan to have a lethal guard to damage the reputation of the Autobots. They already blacklisted the Prime team and a bunch of others, so why not do so to the general population as well?

• Like Like x 1
  7. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    The credits for this episode revealed who the big bad was if you were interested in knowing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CaptainSlayer

I always turn the episode off just as the credits start rolling so I didn't catch it. I'll find out soon enough :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. CaptainSlayer

Similarly Different

Scowl is a very cool Dinobot and one I wish would have considered joining forces with the Autobots. It's not clear how his intentions would have played out but I do believe that he planned to keep his end of the bargain in not harming any humans while he smashed their stuff and I don't blame Grimlock for wanting to give another one of his kind a fair chance.

The fighting between the two Dinobots was awesome and very Jurassic Parkesque, particularly when Grimlock bit down on Scowls neck and shook him around before tossing him.

There were also some really goofy parts to this episode, primarily the bit where the Autobots somehow manage to catch the train and turn it around without it disconnecting or anyone seeing them. That was just plain silly. The second was the meditating humans that were somehow unphased by the ceiling collapsing above them and two Dinobots duking it out just beside them.

We also find out that Denny is 100% a hippy and I'm suddenly a little more curious as to why he wasn't around for Russel's youth. Maybe those meditating humans were hippies too which puts things a little more into perspective.

This episode is kind of middle of the road and seems a little out of place since we just got a look at the black knighticon yesterday. There was no mention of greater evil and no mirror appearance by either party so it was just business as usual for a little while. There's nothing wrong with that but it does feel like a much different pace than yesterday. Of course, that could be amplified by me watching the episodes day to day as opposed to their original air dates where viewers had a bit of a break.

On a side note, I went to the doctor yesterday and they've wrote me out of work until Monday (Friday at the earliest) so I unless I become incapacitated I should clear out Season One this week/weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  10. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Raise Your Flag!!

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    For some reason, I adore "Similarly Different" as an episode. This episode makes me feels bad for Grimlock, as Grimlock really want to do the right thing and having trouble of wherever if he want to side with Scowl or stick with Bumblebee. While he really wants to believe Scowl in the way he wanted, he also won't let Scowl do whatever he wants while destroying human properties and harming humans at the same time, and Grimlock's "Just because something is fun doesn't make it right" line to Scowl really shows that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

Megatron isn´t dead just selfexiled.

I still think the Alchemor is from "old" Cybertron. If the Council had a problem with Clampdown, then they wouldn´t had allowed him to return.

I agree, I thought he sounded a bit hurt when Grimlock didn´t keep his side. Didn´t they say that he worked for Thunderhoof befor, that would had made for an interesting meeting later.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CaptainSlayer

The Buzz on Windblade

I was wondering when Windblade was going to show up. She was spoiled as a character for me the same way Drift was - by browsing the Transformers Toys in retail stores. Of course, there's always the chance that a character from the set was made specifically as a toy (as a lot of the film toys are) but I expected with such a unique design she'd be showing up in the show sooner or later. Of course, with her toy still being on shelves in 2018, I expected later.

Scratch is the first Decepticon we encounter in this episode and I only know that because I looked up the wiki page for this episode to find out what his name was. I don't remember anyone saying it and if they did, I think I thought it was a nickname more than an actual title. I was pretty hopeful that he was going to end up being Ravage but with how easy he went down I don't think I'm too torn up by it.

Windblade is a cool character and I really like her design. It was also interesting to see Strongarm get jealous over another female bot showing up. In her defense, Windblade was pretty much being worshiped by the entire team from the minute she arrived and I could see that being irritating as your opinion is pushed to the side.

Zizza is our primary antagonist this time around and I've got to say that she's one of the most interesting villains I've seen thus far. Her bot mode looks nothing like a bee and I didn't understand what she was supposed to be until the episode pretty much laid it out for me. I like the mind control over humans and while my memory is rusty as always, I'm pretty sure a similar plot line took place in G1. Her alt mode is one of my favorites and the backdrop during the climax was beautiful. Sideswipe riding a giant BeeCon with lightning flashing in the background isn't something I thought I'd end up seeing.

I feel like there was a severely missed opportunity for Bumblebee to make some snide remark about there only being room for one Bee on this planet or something else a bit more stupid. It's so cliche but I wanted it so bad.

All in all, this was another fun episode and put us back on track for the big bad that is quickly approaching.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Shadowwavepool7

I really liked Scowl's episode. After all these years we finally get a Decepticon Dinobot, and it did exceeded all expectations. I really felt for Grimlock in this episode. He was right to give him a chance but he was just too far gone. When you work for Thunderhoof change isn't really an option.The fight was great and surprisingly vicious for this show, but it's a Dinobot fight so there was more than enough justification. I do agree with some of the complaints but I say the good outweighs the bad by a mile.

So Windblade's episode is a middle episode. We finally get Windblade in a show and she's a tolerable character. In the comics she's a boring mary sue and in the Combiner Wars abomination she's a screaming child. I like her cocky attitude and her flaw of not caring for human life as she adds bit more personality to the group. They went full Sailor Moon with that transformation at Cybertron, and I couldn't help but laugh.

So Zizza for some reason got a lot of hate. I'm not really sure as to why because she didn't do anything to warrant it. I personally didn't mind her. Three episodes left, so it will be interesting to see your thought on how the season ends.

• Like Like x 3
  14. CaptainSlayer

Ghosts and Imposters

This episode was uniquely different from the rest we've seen thus far. It's a little odd that it falls off from the main story heading towards the big bad evil guy again so close to the end of the season but it was still an interesting take on the Autobot's perception of Earth combined with a very unique Decepticon.

Pseudo, who I wanted to type out as Sudo cause all I could think of was Sudowoodo, looks very bland and basic in his default Decepticon form. He reminds me even more of Randall from Monsters, Inc and fits the bill of being able to 'blend in'. His ability is one of the most interesting so far and the scene with him constantly changing from one Autobot to the other was satisfying and nerve wracking at the same time. I could however, immediately tell which Drift was the real one due to the coloring differences on the Minicons when they're attached to his arms.

The humor in this one was great, particularly with the human tour group that the Autobots scared off and Drift coming around the corner of that building with a sheet while making awful ghost noises has officially bumped him onto my list of favorites despite not being a fan when he first showed up (due to his super seriousness).

Tomorrow we will be concluding Season One and it doesn't really feel like it. I've mentioned before that I'm a fan of the 'story of the day' episodes as they remind me of G1 and that still stands here but I really hope the two part finale can pack a punch.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shadowwavepool7

Pseudo was cool, but ghost Drift was the best part of the episode. Not really much to say here about this one other than it was fun. We've seen a shifter once before with Makeshift from Prime.

It's like this show is afraid of three parters, and there's only one time where we can even call it a three parter, or more like a two and a half parter.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CaptainSlayer

Battlegrounds Part 1 and 2

Well, here we are, just under two months since the blog began and we're wrapping up Season One. This duo of episodes very much felt like a completely different show than what we've been watching up to this point and fell more in line with Prime with the end of the world scenario and a grizzled villain.

The resurrection of Megatronus was quick as was the resurrection of Optimus Prime. Both scenarios felt like they could have benefitted from a three part episode with the first being dedicated to establishing their revival, the second being their conflict and the third being their conclusion but that's primarily the only real gripe I have with this finale. The other, much more minor, gripe being that the Decepticons and Autobots didn't really team up to take down Megatronus. I don't know how they would have resolved things post conflict but I guess I'm so used to seeing the two sides team up against the ultimate evil that I hoped it would happen. At least Steeljaw lived up to his name and repeatedly went after the first Decepticon without fear, which in my eyes, cements him as a worthy successor to the Decpeticon cause and a good replacement to Megatron.

I always forget how excited I can become when it comes to Optimus Prime. The character has never been a favorite of mine, or at least I've never really listed him on a top five list or anything, but in every form of Transformers media when it comes to him being revived, giving a speech or battling it out with Decepticons I always get super pumped and that feeling of childhood excitement when Denny, Russel and Fixit stepped out of the cafe just to find him towering over them in the beaming sunlight was amazing.

I was pretty disappointed when Bumblebee kept trying to crawl back under the wing of Optimus Prime and ignored his team mates even at the direction of Drift. Furthermore, I was disappointed when Optimus didn't seem to really follow through with his mentoring by directing Bee to go to his team a second time. The first time, I feel like Optimus was just feeling super strong and thought he could one-on-one battle Megatronus but after Bumblebee helped him up when he was knocked out on the lake, he ended up just saying something along the lines of "You and I must stop him together, Bumblebee!" with no mention of the other team mates despite Grimlock being the one to check Megatronus twice.

I was happy with the unity shown near the end of part two and the entire finale gave me a power rangers vibe. I mainly chalk that up to Megatronus sounding like Zordon but the combining of the Decepticon Hunters also felt very familiar to how the Rangers would combine their weapons and the armor modifications reminded me of 'It's morphin' time!' If you add all of those elements with the fact that Fixit has reminded me of Alpha since the start of the show you might be able to see where I'm coming from.

Also, I've never watched Rescue Bots but I'm pretty sure that Bumblebee's attempted battle cry was a friendly reference to the show. I believe it was 'Roll out and Rescue!', which I thought was a cool nod to the creation. However, even though the episode just ended ten minutes ago or so, I'm having trouble remembering which cry Bumblebee made that impressed the other Autobots finally - I think it was "Rev up and Roll out!" but I could be wrong.

Something else I'd like to mention is the appearance of the Primes during Optimus' transfer of power and transformation. Shouldn't there have been more Primes? I always thought there was 13. Also, it may be because they were all that one base color but they appeared kind of dull even compared to Micronus. The one that was dead center reminded me of Optimus Primal and they all kind of looked like big tanky characters except the guy on the far right who looked like he was wearing a robe similar to Megatron in Beast Machines.

The ending of the finale was wonderful. It was heart warming to see all of the Autobots choosing to stay by Bumblebee's side (particularly Sideswipe - even before Windblade said she'd stay) and what surprised me the most was the fact that Optimus Prime decided to stay. In my head, I was sure there was no way he could remain as two leaders in the group would be conflicting and Optimus would certainly steal thunder away from Bumblebee but after Optimus explained that if he stayed, it would no longer be as his leader but as his equal it all suddenly clicked and made sense to me while also making me happy. I believe what we will see with Optimus hanging around is a dynamic similar to Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus in Transformers Prime and I hope that they find a good balance to keep the two characters powerful in their own right while preserving the fact that this is Bumblebee's show which is one of the reasons I'm enjoying it so much.

We also see Steeljaw's entire crew minus the leader himself being locked up in stasis pods which makes me curious as to how Season 2 is going to open up. Clearly the wolf had some rebuilding to do after this defeat and I want to know if he plans on just recruiting more loose Decepticons or trying to free his old team mates - I certainly hope we haven't seen the last of Underbite, Thunderhoof, Clampdown, Airazor, Divebomb and Fracture.

That's it! We're done with Season One! Thank you everyone who has read and discussed with me thus far and I'll see you back here for Season Two in mid-March!

• Like Like x 4
  17. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    So I’d like the add that if you hadn’t already picked up on the fact that Megatronus is... The Fallen! Yes that’s right he’s The Fallen, one of the original Primes. That’s why everyone had such a hard time taking him down. It’s also mentioned he killer killed his sister Prime (and his lover according to the Covenant of Primus: Solus Prime)

- The Prime that was talking to Optimus and Micronus was Vector Prime.

- It’s nice to see everyone we met during the season join the Bee Team (sans Jazz).

- We haven’t seen the last of Steeljaw, he’s still out there... somewhere.

- The writers wanted Season 1 to not have many callbacks to Prime (to help everyone learn about the Bee Team instead of just waiting for old friends to return) and as you now know, that meant no character reappearances. This will change now, Season 2 has more references to Prime.

- Megatronus died in an extremely brutal way for a kids show might I add, disintegration is not a very nice way to go out, but given his list of crimes I say he deserved it.

- Regarding Optimus, some issues will be addressed in Season 2. Remember he’s been dead for a while and things have changed, the cast has moved on and adjusted to not having him around, he’s got to find a way to re-intergrate himself into society.

- That “Roll to the Rescue” line was indeed a reference to Rescue Bots. Their leader Heatwave uses it.

- Bumblebee’s new catchphrase is here to stay! Let’s Rev Up and Roll Out!

- Glad you enjoyed Season 1, looking forward to seeing your thoughts on Season 2!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Make sure you watch the shorts first, some of them are important for the story.

• Like Like x 3
  19. CaptainSlayer

I seem to have trouble connecting the dots some times. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that Megatronus was the Fallen. That might be because my mind always goes to Shia LaBeouf making out with a human Decepticon who tastes like diesel whenever the Fallen is mentioned.

I'm excited to see what references to Prime I can catch.

I'd also debate that Bumblebee was not adjusted to him not being around. :p 

I'm assuming these are extras on the DVD?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Probably. They are part of season 1 and they might be the only possible thing to become such extras.
    Hasbro also released them online, so you can watch them from the official Transformers website as well (but doing so without getting spoilers for later seasons would be tricky). There are 11 of them (actually, 16, but 5 were cancelled and shown as unfinished videos during a BotCon, they can still be found but were never officially released), the first 5 are just random funny moments, the rest 6 are connected to each other.

• Like Like x 1