Bayformer Fan Watches Transformers: Robots in Disguise [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Jan 2, 2018.

1. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

1)Yes,the animation really is good.
    2)Yes,this is intended for younger children.Younger adults in this situation.Yes,the Alchemor held alot of prisoners!You will see so many throughout the series.Don't worry,new arcs happen each episode!
    3)Underbite seems like a bulldog...there are so many Animalcons in this show.Steeljaw and Hammerstrike...one turns out to be the most prominent Decepticon in the series,and the other is an epic Sharkticon.You'll see more guys with his design.
    4)Crazily enough,Grimlock as of now is just a Cybertronian.Though keep your hopes high for him.
    5)The "Robots in Disguise" part is very flawed in this series.Suprising,for it's the title of the series.
    6)Like I said earlier.Correct.Merely Cybertronians.
    7)Bumblebee got demoted by people.For the one that smothered the original Megatron,he really is rank lowered.This action won't be solved until the finale.
    8)Strongarm...and Sideswipe,I kinda think they're both jerks.They'll be an entire episode on their teamwork...they are the most important Autobots of the series.
    9)You got Sideswipe's personality 100% right.
    10)Russell=Spike and Denny=Sparkplug.Spot on Captian.
    11)I like Wheelie...Fixit is really cute.Although I hate Star Trek Movieverse Wheelie.
    12)Optimus as a spirit...I can't say anything due to spoiler territory.
    13-14)Good points.
    15)You'll get both.
    16)Yeah...those statues were cool.They will be revisited in two Season 3:Combiner Force episodes.
    17)See yah!:) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    For some reason, I actually prefer the colorful look of this show a little bit more than Prime. Maybe it just me, but I never liked the "Sepia-tone filtered" look in Prime. The Sepia-tone dull color palette in Prime just looks kinda dull, and it just rubs me in a wrong way.

I kinda like Grimlock in this show. The "Ex-Decepticon" thing with Grimlock is a little bit weird but I'll give some credit as most of the episodes centered on Grimlock is some of the best episodes in this show.

I didn't really care about both Sideswipe and Strongarm all that much. They are certainly not the most annoying characters that I've ever see, but the whole "kiddy fight" scenario between them gets a little bit repetitive. I still prefer Sideswipe in this show more than the G1 cartoon incarnation however.

One of this show's better aspect is the great variety and cheer amount of the Decepticon characters. Most of them looks unique and has great variation in terms of personalities, like Underbite (Who is an Ailen-Dog Decepticon that becomes stronger when he eats metal), Steeljaw (Who is a werewolf look-alike Decepticon that tricks people to his advantages) and more. I won't denied that some of them are very annoying, but YMMV on that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer "Soundwave just sent out Randal"

I loved Prime's animation but the bright colors are a very welcome change of pace. I just prefer them in most cases. For example, one of my all time favorite video game series is Gears of War and the first two games were made pretty much exclusively with a palette of gray and then the third one just popped to life with beautiful colors even though it was still a gore filled marathon of fun.

As for Grimlock, I really like his new design and in three episodes he's done more than Animated's version in his entire run. Yes, I'm still salty about the wasted potential of Dinobots in Animated.

One thing I forgot to mention in my blog post is that I love the transformations in this show. It's slowed down to really show how things work and watching Grimlock's dino head come flying over his own was awesome.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Still not watching Rescue Bots then? Darn.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

I never understood why some people found it strange that Bee would work as a cop after the war.
    I mean, he wanted to stay a scout in Prime and didn´t want to be considert incharge during the movie.
    So going for something low rank seemed very in character to me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CaptainSlayer

More Than Meets The Eye
    Four episodes in and the wonderfully creative Decepticons just keep rolling in!

I mentioned yesterday that I was happy for the more lighthearted nature of this show and the potential of seeing multiple new characters and both fronts did not disappoint. Bisk was an awesome con that reminded me of the 'shiny' villain from Moana and I'm fairly certain he was voiced by the actor who voiced Cyborg in Teen Titans which I feel connects the relationship I've felt between the two shows even closer.

Then we got to meet Chop Shop who just happens to be one of the coolest combiners I can remember. Sure, his individual parts are all the same but c'mon man, five giant bugs combining into one massive robot? What's not to love?

That's something else I wanted to touch on yesterday but forgot. I really enjoy the inclusion of 'Beast' form Transformers in this show as it bridges the gap between the Beast Wars Universe and the traditional Transformers medium outside of the Dinobots.

Not having each episode be about the end of the world also allows more time to focus on fun side stories like having Rusty meet new friends and find out he's not as terrible at football as he thought or having Fixit get in on the action with his adorable disguise and fists of havok.

It didn't take them very long to point out that Grimlock sticks out like a sore thumb and I'll choose to assume they didn't mention it the first time around since it was more urgent with Underbite going to eat a whole city.

The art continues to impress and the animation feels very smooth. I'm not sure how to express it outside of gaming terms so I'll say that where Prime felt like it was 30 FPS, it seems like the lighter load allows RID to run at 60 FPS. Of course, I don't know what rate they're actually running or the technical specs behind either show but I do know that RID seems to be a lot smoother and if the ongoing cast of new characters is a common byproduct of using cheaper animation, I'm all for it.

Oh and one last thing - Grimlock is the Kool-Aid man confirmed.

Thanks for reading everyone! Have a wonderful night and I'll see you next time!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yep, he does voice Cyborg. And Grimlock. Bisk's toy is awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CaptainSlayer

You know, I thought I heard him in Grimlock's voice yesterday but it's something else I forgot to mention. The downside to doing three at once I guess. :p 

edit: p.s. Anyone got a nifty RID avatar I can switch too? I'd love Grimlock or one of the Decepticons I've seen :) 

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Life's suffering slave

I loved Bisk and Chop Shop. The gamer angle was something nobody would've ever predicted. It seems a little harsh to have him be put in stasis for having an underground gaming league don't you think?

Fixit is pretty strong for a Minicon, I suppose big things come in small packages, or is he packing more heat than we realize?

Chop Shop was the name of an Insecticon in the G1 comics, now he's an ant combiner. I think this is the first time we've ever seen animals combined to make something humanoid. So all but one piece gets captured, so it looks like we'll see more of him later.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Even though Chop Shop was put in stasis, if you paid close attention, only 4/5ths of Chop Shop we’re caught. That means one is still on the loose...

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Last Hope

The Last Hope Autobot - Team Prime

[​IMG]
    Ah, I had hoped that you planned on keeping Starscream. Personally, I think it fits. But perhaps that's simply because it's all I know you by.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    I didn't really care for Bisk all that much. I find Bisk to be a little bit annoying with his unusual voice and speech pattern. I still find him to be kinda badass for able to fight off Bumblebee and his teammates at the same time at least for a short time.

I didn't have a screenshot for that, but you may be able to find what you want in this thread.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

1)This show had amazing Decepticons.
    2)Bisk,Cyborg,and that Moana thing.Good connection.
    3)Chop Shop is Righty and four others.He's epic.
    4)More like Animalcons.
    5)Fixit is adorbz.But I hate to see the Russell-Denny human stuff imo.
    6)Underbite,well,he destroyed Nuon City,so...yeah he's distracting.
    7)It's good art.
    8)Hey kids,do you want some juuuuuuuicee?
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. CaptainSlayer

Nice catch boys, I actually completely missed that a section of him was missing!

I started with a cutsy Ratchet icon then changed to Randal (Rumble) after that blunder early on in the G1 blog. Since then, I've always changed my avatar to something related to the show I'm blogging. Sorry, but Prime's time is up!

Couldn't disagree more on Bisk, I love him! As for the thread, thank you for the share but I'm terrified of spoilers in there. :p 

1) So far, yes!
    2) Thank you!
    3) What a unique and totally originally name for a right arm.
    4) Aniformers? Yieldo, Tracko and D.O.T?
    5) Not me, I love the human side stories! I am a human and can easily relate ;) 
    6) Underbite is the jam. I hope he eats his way out of his stasis pod.
    7) Yes! It is!
    8) Drink my KOOL-AID blood out of my open head wound! Yeeee!

Awesome! Thank you for the picture! @SeanTF1967 actually sent me two of Grimlock but I was hoping for his dinohead, regardless, I really like this one so Bisk it is for now!

• Like Like x 1
  15. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

3)Lol.
    4)Animalcons.Lol.

5)Wow...
    6):) 

No prob for the picture.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad you’re enjoying it so far! I really like this show too. The volume of new characters introduced in this show alone is one of its hallmarks. Lots of creativity went into these guys.

I’ve always been more interested in the characters over whatever plot they’re wrapped up in, so RID was right up my alley. Where TFP didn’t tell us anything about Bumblebee, for example, RID gives us so much more meat to the character. Like what kind of music he’s into, his insecurities, watching him grow as a leader, his revulsion at Denny Clay’s eating habits, and so on (I think you’ll have to look up that last one- it’s a special online short that’s not seen in the episodes themselves).

So while their battles may not be on the scale of anything seen in TFP, I was more invested in what was going on.

Enjoy the ride, Captain!

• Like Like x 2
  17. CaptainSlayer

I'd forgotten it existed until just now. How long is that series?

I think part of what made G1 so enjoyable to me was the volume of characters through out it's run. The downside being that I don't remember half of them.

Bumblebee being a leader in RiD seems to fit whereas his 'moment' in Prime seemed kind of forced to me. I didn't really like the way that turned out. Maybe it's hypocritical of me but it's how I honestly feel.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It's the longest continuous running Transformer series at 104 episodes.

There's also some crossover with RID,
    some characters from that series appears in Rescue Bots, and a Rescue Bot appears in RID.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny thing- I just started watching Rescue Bots with my 1 1/2 year old son. He seems to like it! I should do a blog of that since I’ve never seen more than the first few episodes & we’re only 2 eps in so far.

Plus it has Tim Curry voicing their arch rival throughout the entire show. I mean, you can’t top that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Uh....he was only there for season 1, than got recast by someone else for the later seasons.

• Like Like x 1