Bayformer Fan Watches Transformers: Robots in Disguise [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    After you've watched Robots in Disguise (2015), do you have any plans for the new show? I'd recommend Robots in Disguise (2001), which is 39 episodes long and is downloadable from a forum in this website.
    Also, will you be doing this type of blog for Cyberverse (which debuts in September)?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Star Seeker

Well I wasn't expecting another triple so here we go. FINALLY we get to see Motormaster in action, sort of. That was my biggest issue with the character. We never actually see him do anything by himself. For all his tough talk and trashing his whole team not once does he ever get into a fight. He simply exchanges a few liens with Bee and company and becomes Menasor. And to answer your question it is still Travis Willingham voicing Menasor. He's just a very talented man.

Bumblbee on the otherhand thinks the Stunticons aren't as threatening as the rest of the team thinks and pins the blame on them. To him these are just some above avearage crooks. I'm going to play devil's advocate here because I think it's necessary. Let's just take a look at all of Bumblebee's accomplishments between both shows at this point.

• Survived a near-death experience at Megatron's hands and lost his voicebox.

• One of a very scarce list of Autobots that made it to Earth.

• Managed to kill Skyquake in an intense dogfight with Fowler.

• Got the cure to Optimus's disease by appealing to Megatron's ego and escaped his mind (though Megatron did take control later on.)

• Duped Airachnid into thinking he was paraylzed by the immobilizer and saved his team.

• Got his T-Cog stolen and took it back pretty much by himself.

• Stole the spark extractor from Megatron.

• Killed Megatron, the very goal Optimus has failed so many times to do. Sure he came back but that doesn't undo he still did it.

• Helped kill the Fallen

• Captured pretty much every prisoner on the Alchemor including Steeljaw.

• Sent Soundwave back into the Shadowzone.

• Stopped Flamesnort from destroying Earth.

So it does justify why he feels like the Stunticons should be a breeze to take out. He's dealt with the most dangerous gods and Decepticons and lived to tell the tale. Of course he realizes the errors of his ways and we get a combiner battle where the team manages to get a victory through the skin of their teeth.

For Moonbreaker we get to see Windblade briefly and she's been recast. Optimus also pays a visit to help stop the Stunticons. The big takeaway here is that we get a big epic combiner battle and the Stunticons lose because they aren't in sync like Bee's team. Drift is taken by Optimus because he believes that there is great threat coming from Cybertron, but he isn't quite sure what it is.

Now Exiles is where we get the beginning of the final arc. What better way than to bring back the most popular group of cons from the show. Steeljaw makes a n epic comeback and he's not alone. By his side are Thunderhoof and the crab god, who are at this point a legal obligation because they're a package deal with Steeljaw. Joining them are Quillfire and Underbite, who finally returns from season one. For once the Decepticons have weapons to balance the scales, and immediately they manage to level the scrapyard. The animation is gorgeous and it really makes you wonder if Sideswipe might not make it out. The animation is gorgeous with all the lasers and explosions galore. According to Steeljaw he and his pack have had their crimes pardoned to hunt down the team. Who could the benefactor be? I'm curious to know if you have any guesses. So it's like the gang never left because we instantly have Steeljaw throttling Thunderhoof and Clampdown trying to be the couple's counselor. Bee and the team are forced to sty in Nightstrike's old lair. Quite a few callbacks to season one lately. Sideswipe is understandably traumatized and becomes clingier than the average ex. Luckily he manages to beat them

Steeljaw seems unhinged than usual. Probably from all all failures Bumblebee and co gave him. I think he's lost his composure. Proof is when he makes his whole speech about dreaming in stasis, which is then undercut by Quillfire's party hats.

I doubt they're done hunting the team, so who knows what else will happen.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    Haven’t been keeping up with this, but I wanted to note that on TF Wiki, somebody was rambling on Exiles’ trivia section, “this is the most serious and dark episode of RID to date, in a major call back to the grim and mature storytelling to TFP”. Like jeez, over dramatic much? We get one scene of assault and this edgelord is shook. :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  4. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

Unfortunately, and obviously, this didn't happen. Aiming to pick back up tomorrow. :) 

Currently no plans for any future blogs. I always say the current blog is my last and then always end up doing another one, so I won't say anything for certain. But I will say, I've been doing this for four years, so I'll probably have a nice break.

As for the new show, I don't think it would carry the same impact since everyone will be watching it for the first time together. Although I am excited to watch it alongside everyone for once.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CaptainSlayer

Breathing Room

Sideswipe and Strongarm are going to be all lovey dovey before the end of these next eight episodes aren't they?

Breathing Room is a pretty tame but fun episode that actually has Fixit and Clampdown accomplishing something cool respectively.

Fixit proves his worth as a 'combatant' by being small, fast, smart and surgical with that little buzzsaw of his which he uses to trap two full sized Decepticons.

And Clampdown manages to bag himself two Autobots, so I'd say it's pretty even on both sides.

The whole torturing/beating Bumblebee with Quillfire's quills thing seemed a little extra compared to what we usually see in the show but I liked that they had Quillfire come out of his crazy state to admit that he has absolutely no idea what each quill does or how long it's going to last.

Also, I'd like to go on record to say that I don't consider pushing your foreheads together in order to push backwards really counts as team work. I mean, sure, in the absolute most basic sense of the word but I don't think they should be celebrating all the sudden or being 'chummy' as Bee said... which, I didn't really pick up on.

There was also some iCarly webcam following the Decepticons around. Is this some Government spy-network or is there a gladiatorial reality show broadcasting back on Cybertron? I guess only time will tell.

Overall, an alright episode but still pretty much the same formula I've grown accustom too.

Also, I know I said that I was going to try and finish the blog last week and failed miserably (not even one episode, lol) but I've just found out I have a 5-day weekend coming up so HOPEFULLY, we will be closer to the finish line, if not crossing it ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  6. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Recently caught up on your blogs the past few days to learn of your thoughts. I think I might have viewed some of your blogs in the past. Liking the RID 2015 one. Your blogs are positive thing on this fandom and has encouraged me to hear other viewpoints.

As for me my Transformers Fandom I started with RID 2001 and the Unicron Trilogy. Then fell off the Transformers train for a few years. Bullying at school and all that. No one was really into Transformers and it was all I talked about. It was a helpful lesson don't get me wrong.
    Expanded my interests into Anime, DC, Power Rangers, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, Zatch Bell, Turtles, Gundam, and Marvel thing got a little better. Although I still watch the final fight of Armada between Optimus and Galvatron fighting inside of Unicron.

Then the Bay Films came out and I became a fan again. Still a fan of them, even AOE and TLK. Was sad to hear you fell out of love with the Live Action Films. Are you planning on watching the Bumblebee Film?

Favorite Characters are Movie Prime and Megatron. Loved the IDW Movie Comic Books

Funny story when the Bay Films came out I was wondering where Hot Shot, Red Alert, Jetfire, and Smokescreen was? And I thought Movie Ironhide was Smokescreen, Movie Bumblebee was Hot Shot, and Movie Ratchet was Red Alert, Thought Jazz was Armada Blurr. Never heard of him prior to the Movies.
    Watched Animated when it first aired of TV got Prowl he was my favorite. Followed by Bulkhead.

Warning: Might sound a little whiny and Negative (I understand what happened)
    Found TFW2005 during ROTF, but never made an account until around AOE was filming. After the Bay Films I expanded my interest in Transfomers as well. Watched G1: The Movie in it's entirely after ROTF after I said Optimus' Death made me cry, but my friend at the time who grew up with G1, he has a lot of cousins who grew up with G1. I did like it, but towards the second half I had a bit of disconnect and disinterest after Prime died. Wasn't a big fan of Hot Rod was about 11 when I watched it. Didn't blame him for Prime's death just found him eh. I like Magnus, Springer, Blur, and Kup. I'd say not watching the first two seasons might have impacted the experience as when I was sad Prime died I was thinking of Movie Optimus and Armada Optimus moments when G1 Prime died. Spoilers for Armada when Prime Died I turned off the TV.

When I watched War Dawn I was crying my eyes out rewatching the Movie.

Warning: Might sound a little whiny and Negative (I understand what happened and learned from it)
    I had a few cousins who was into Transformers, for the ones that didn't like I was a bit obsessive about Transformers, the Bay Ones probably didn't help, so they found me boring and also annoying, never came over when I was around or siblings, avoided me like the plague. Had some ADHD problems also didn't help. I was very immature and stubborn. Not putting this here for people to feel bad for me or anything. I know I was at fault, and are working on improving, but it's important to my history of Transformers.
    They went to see my Grandma still though so that's still good though they did have falling out. Wasn't over me I know I'm not the center of the world. Thanks Primus. Getting away from the Negative and my personal life.
    I'd say it's more of a healthy relationship now although I never made up with them. They were a bit stuck up even before I talked about Transformers. They often would make fun of my siblings and mom's mental illness not in a friendly way..

SOooo getting back out of my personal life that's not complete with Transformers I am getting into those IDW comics before they reboot have you read them? I'm really into Megatron Origin recommend it if you haven't read it and are on the half of Autocracy. Found out Spotlight Blurr took place before Spotlight Orion Pax. So had to read that.
    Loved RID and Prime.

Are you planning on Watching Cyberverse?

• Like Like x 2
  7. CaptainSlayer

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed catching up. :) 

I've never seen RID2001. I'm sorry to hear you were bullied in school. I was the angry goth kid back then, so I understand to a degree what bullying feels like. It's not fun. But I was more violent in confronting it.

Age of Extinction was such a huge let down for me because I was so amped up coming off of Dark of the Moon, which is one of my all time favorite films. I expected more robust action with killer new bots and a fresh take on the series with Mark Wahlberg. Instead, I got a super boring, drawn-out 2 hour and 45 minute bud light commercial while my all-time favorite Autobot died in the first three minutes by a guy with a sniper rifle on his face...

The Last Knight was a little different. I had genuine hope for it after the first trailer but the more they released the more I realized this was going to be a really -really- stupid movie. Nazis? Dragons? Wizards? Mark Wahlbergs?

My poor wife was so stoked for Hot Rod and she went into the theater with real enthusiasm. I went into the theater with the goal of just laughing at the stupidity. I walked out laughing so hard I was crying about how dumb it was while she was in the early stages of denial and grief. It was amazing. Seriously, why the fuck was Hot Rod french?

Yes, I will be watching Bumblebee in IMAX the day it releases. The trailer seems to be the first shimmering light of hope in the live action universe since 2011. It has emotion, G1 Starscream, John Cena and baby freakin' Bumblebee. I'm in.

I have different favorite characters based on each series. The more I watch, the harder it is to rank them, but I can still honestly say that Ratchet is my favorite Autobot regardless. I don't really have a favorite Decepticon but if I had to pick one, it would be Starscream. Which is super ironic since I absolutely hate G1 Starscream with a passion... buuuut Animated, Prime, Bayverse and RID2015 brought a lot out of the character for me.

A lot of people in my original blog were amused by my confusion of characters since the only knowledge I had of Transformers was from the first three bay films. I'm pretty sure it was my first episode entry where I made the comment "Wait... Sideswipe is Red?" and everyone just kind of fell in love with the entire idea of some then 22 year old dude witnessing G1 for the first time and being flabbergasted by how far off Michael Bay was from being even remotely close to the source material. That's why the G1 blog was so popular and why it succeeded. All the ones that followed have been a lot of fun, but if you look at the numbers, none have come close to the behemoth of that first blog. It was chaotic, stupid and funny.

I think Bulkhead was my favorite in Animated but my memory is pretty poor from years of inhalant abuse (discussed in a previous blog!) so I don't remember the show in it's entirety and could be remembering. But I do remember hating that it never got a final season!

Surprisingly, Optimus Prime's death in ROTF didn't really bother me. I watched the first and second films on these awful quality bootleg movies back when I was 16 or 17 years old and I remember just thinking "well, that was neat" and moving on. I didn't really care about Transformers still. It wasn't until DOTM came out and I saw it in theaters 4 times that I realized there was something to this whole Robots in Disguise thing. I went back to the two earlier movies and fell in love with them.

G1 Movie Optimus though... that sucked. Like, I remember everyone just being so eager for me to watch this movie and it didn't make any sense to me. It was old as dirt, how would it be good? Surprisingly, the G1 forum goers were pretty well behaved in that they didn't spoil anything for me (and if they did, other users jumped down their throat until moreprimeland showed up to remove their post/ban them from the thread before I got there) so when I started that movie and Autobots just started fucking dying immediately I was taken back. I freaked the hell out in my entry, it was nuts. In fact, the G1 movie is probably my favorite of all the Transformers films beside Dark of the Moon. My wife and I still watch it at least once every other month, it's got the touch! By that I mean amazing acting, amazing animation and my god does it have amazing music! ... I love that movie.

Unfortunately, while I loved Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime in the movie, the character absolutely sucked in Season 3. In fact, most of Season 3 was a drag for me to get through and I remember going from the high of the film to having my eyes gloss over during almost every episode near the end of the blog. It sucked. I really liked Kup, Blurr and Wheelie and they were the highlights of Season 3 for me but the rest was so hard to swallow - ESPECIALLY RODIMUS PRIME WHO NEVER DID ANYTHING USEFUL OR INTERESTING! HE JUST COMPLAINED ALL THE TIME! (heh, surprising I remember that so well :p )

I've never seen Armada either but beside Rescue Bots, it's probably the most requested show I've had to blog. It was originally supposed to come after the Beast Wars blog I think, but I decided I was done... until I wasn't.

Also, I don't really consider Optimus Prime dying in anything a spoiler, it's more of a tradition.

Well, if it's any comfort, from this post, I enjoy your conversation around Transformers.

I have not read the IDW Comics. I've also had people ask me to blog those, which honestly, I'm not against at all. I love comic books and I think it'd be a fun change of pace from the shows but really, let's be honest, who wants another Bayformer Fan Blog? We're on the 5th one already :p 

As for Cyberverse, yes. I'm going to be watching it right alongside everyone else which will be awesome. It already feels really different to be blogging episodes that came out within a year rather than a decade ago.

That being said, judging JUST the art I've seen from the show and the apparent 11 minute run-time, I'm not very excited. I don't like the looks of it but I'm reserving my judgment for when I can actually watch it. I disliked the art style of this show and it grew on me, but the 'story of the day' episodes I loved when starting have become a dreadful bore since the beginning and I'm hoping Cyberverse has a more direct pace than this one.

Remember the bit about my eyes glossing over in Season 3 of G1? That's happened a lot in RID2015. You can usually tell which episodes did it based on my entries (they're short, direct and meh) but the ones that hit, really hit. So I'm hopeful these last 8 are going to be really, really big hits. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ismaeel Kamal

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    The only bots that I’ve seen that love each other have been in Beast Wars, and the odds of surviving are not good. Perhaps they shouldn’t consider falling in love :p 

Indeed.

Kind of like Home Alone.

That’s an achievement for him.

I will admit that a power like this is cool, despite the fact you have to have the enemy behind you for it to be effective. Even so, I’d like to see more of him.

It’s another way for people to secretly ship them, in their minds (banging their heads out of love). But yeah, this isn’t real teamwork.

Based on Ratchet’s statement, I doubt it’s the former, unless it’s exclusive to Deceptions.

You’ll see some variety soon.

Nice. I look forward to the blog, and hope you enjoy your weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shadowwavepool7

For breathing room Clampdown and Fixit get into the spotlight but more on that later. Starting off everyone is bitter over the forced change of location, resulting in an argument. Fixit briefly shows off his red eyes from season one, but nothing happens. Grimlock is pretty much a goof in this episode, and you can expect even more shenanigans from him in the next.

A few callbacks to season one with the cliff Underbite fell into in the pilot and the factory Chop Shop housed his rocket in his debut episode.

Great moments from Quillfire, Clampdown, and Steeljaw. The gang shows off new tech their benefactors supplied them with these weird drones that I think only appear in this episode. Bumblebee gets flanked by Quillfire of all cons and dragged to their base. I really dug what they did with Clampdown this season. As cowardly he is that doesn't mean he's stupid. He baited Strongarm and Sideswipe so hard during their argument, and it's a neat callback to season one as he captures them in a scrapyard, a crucial location of his first appearance and the first time both teams fought one another. Only this time the Autobots are the ones captured. And to make the situation more enjoyable he's sassy to them the whole way to Steeljaw. You know, Sideswipe got over his abandonment issues from last episode rather quickly don't you think? I wonder if emotional situations are like fads to him.

We finally get a legitamite torture scene in show for a younger audience and it's done by Steeljaw no less. Quillfire has big hand in it, but it clearly doesn't go to plan. Having him laugh through the pain is a brilliant way to get it past the censors, but simultaneously makes it darker. We always knew Bee was a masochist.

Fixit pulls out the clever tactics destroying the infastructures around Quillfire and Clampdown, and fooling Steeljaw with a false symbol from Quillfire. Quillfire must be a pain to work with if Steeljaw bought it so easily. That reminds me of something I'll talk about in the next episode since it makes more sense there. Bumblebee pulls the same tactic to Steeljaw that the Insecticon from Prime suffered on the railway, but since he's a main character he's immune to death. Regardless the team manages to pull through and Steeljaw's crew gets away.

Next episode is pretty juicy so I'll be awaiting your thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I do!) You have no idea how great seeing someone experiencing a Transformers media for the first time is (especially when for me every TF media is either well known or so obscure it's nearly impossible to find). I've been reading your blogs from the very beginning (probably), but don't comment much as I don't want to spoil something future or completely unrelated by accident.

• Like Like x 3
  11. CaptainSlayer

Prepare for Departure

Alright, I'll admit now that I'm confused by the whole Decepticon story line. This episode had Soundwave trying to recruit Steeljaw's Pack but the Anicons weren't having it and in return for their allegiance to the secret benefactors they get death threats... so, uh, that's cool I guess.

I'm also super confused on how they managed to escape the Bee Team there at the end but I guess that's just plot convenience.

That being said, not a whole lot happened in this episode but I did enjoy it. Conspiracy Man showed up again which is always a welcome sight but it does feel like we're finally starting to steer the dialogue towards the real meat of Season 3... just without combiners?

Regardless, tomorrow I'm sure we'll find out more :) 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ismaeel Kamal

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I remember this episode now...and how much I hated Grimlock being very stupid because he got confused between fun and work.

Grimlock might have cleared them out of the warehouse when he was rolling like a bowling ball?

This fells like another filler episode, but next episode makes some progress. But the one after that...deja vu, in a good way :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shadowwavepool7

While it seems like filler I assure you it does have significance. It's very relevant to Soundwave in way I can't say because of spoilers. Speaking of which even though we don't see Soundwave physically it's implied that has gotten out to do something but has chosen to return to the Shadowzone. I'd wager whatever the project is it would be best to remain hidden in place nobody else would ever consider to look.

So the interaction between him and Steeljaw is interesting because Steeljaw is clearly surprised about the change of plan. Perhaps the seeds of doubt has been planted on our favorite wolf.

So Grimlock...happened in this episode. The gimmick was stupid I'm not even going to pretend that I liked it that much. Thankfully the last episode focused on him is much better.

Thunderhoof and Underbite got center stage this time since Clampdown and Quillfire were heavily involved in the last episode. Thunderhoof's best scene to date is here when Thunderhoof finally calls out Steeljaw on his BS. His obsession with Bumblebee is going too far because it's getting in the way of the mission.

Quillfire is on the short end of the stick, and his surprise makes sense in the context of everything. Even though Steeljaw freed him in season two Quillfire never got to work with Steeljaw directly. The others have and they're used to how he works and can usually stomach that abusive personality. Quillfire just isn't fit for this team.

Anyway next episode is a lot better and I think one of the best for one reason that will be very obvious.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CaptainSlayer

Prisoner Principles

Strongarm is one of the most frustrating Transformers I've ever encountered in my history of viewing the medium. Don't get me wrong, she's grown on me, I like her a lot, but her continued stubbornness is matched only by Sideswipe and even then she seems to put others in jeopardy far more than he does.

Today's episode gave us a inside look at the moral compass of a Cybertronian Lawbot, which is apparently, be nice to the villains (understandable) but then also just ditch them if the mission is more important (say what now?).

Thankfully, things seemed to work out in the end though I have a hard time believing that punching a panel would stop a nuclear reactor from melting down. Then again, didn't Grimlock do the same thing to that one machine Strongarm and Bumblebee were stuck in a while back?

There still wasn't any combining. So, I guess with the vehicons gone, that tagline of the show has kind of lived out it's time unless they finale has the Bee Team combining again but honestly when I saw Steeljaw's pack scan the camo colors of the constructicons I got a little excited that we might potentially see a Devastator homage - though I guess that's my own fault for getting my hopes up.

Ultimately, I'm happy with how this episode played out. Steeljaw's pack got a new color scheme that's easy on the eyes, the Autobots busted all of them except Steeljaw and the wolf man himself is demanding to meet Soundwave face to face. Meanwhile, Strongarm kind of redeemed herself by running back into the plant to save Clampdown and Clampdown himself saved the Autobots in return.

A good episode and that's all there is to say.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ismaeel Kamal

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, it’s a shame the writers haven’t made her be more lose (i.e. less stubborn). This seems to be a lot of problem for most characters in this show. They seem to not evolve that much, in terms of personality.

I guess lives are more valued with this law enforced. I guess these law would have been broken if it was applied during Prime. I’m surprised it’s not been enforced earlier in the show, and came out of nowhere.

I guess punching things to solve a problem is the easy way out for the writers.

I’ll say this; there is more coming...especially the next episode.

Yeah, it shows how to resolve a problem without violence, which is a nice change, and why I enjoy this episode.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Drift is still absent, and while he's not a part of Ultra Bee but his weapon, he's still essential for the combination process. On the other hand, crash combiners are potentially possible, our Autobots just never learned how to become them. And without that fighting a normal size Decepticon gestalt would probably be a helpless battle. Bee and co figuring out how to combine two bots into a bigger one could be an interesting plot point, but we've seen them facing Dragbreak before as normal bots, so it's not such a big advantage to have.

• Like Like x 3
  17. CaptainSlayer

Collateral Damage

Alright, so why is Grimlock suddenly acting like a dog? Is that little blue minicon the same one that ran away from Soundwave earlier? Why did Soundwaves body type change so drastically? Did the message to Megatron get sent (I'm sure it did)? How come the Decepticon Hunters didn't give Soundwave body armor?

This episode was strange. Very strange. A lot of it didn't make sense, it was pretty cheesy and I actually groaned at Optimus' dialogue that was along the lines of "Yes, my brain can hear what you're saying little dude, what's up?"

But putting all of that aside, Soundwave was a bad ass, even though he got taken out in the episode he was re-revealed in, he put up a decent fight against all of the autobots and he made Steeljaw run away with his tail between his legs. Oh and his voice was amazing.

Judging by this episode I think it's safe to assume that Megatron will be the final bad guy which is... a little different than usual. I was expecting like, Unicron or something but I guess since this is technically a sequel series to Prime it makes a little bit of sense that it isn't. After 66 episodes of no Megatron, I'll take it.

Oh and I guess all these minicons are just going to live in the Shadowrealm with Yu-Gi-Oh now, so that's cool.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ismaeel Kamal

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    According to one of the producers, he collected...something (can’t remember) in the shadow zone to change his body. I miss his Prime body, but welcome the new one, even if I’m annoyed that that’s one less Deception with a plane mode.

Peter Cullen trying to make Optimus Prime sound ‘hip.’ :p 

He finally spoke more than 4 words in this continuity! His voice sounds like G1, mixed with Prime, which sounds good.

We’ll see if you are correct or not.

Never grew up on Yu-Gi-Oh, but I did have trading cards when I was young; so I can confirm; it’s cool. ;) 

Edit: found out why Soundwave looks different according to TFwiki:

“When the question was posed to Adam Beechen, he commented saying that Soundwave and Laserbreak augmented and modified their bodies with debris and parts found in the Shadowzone.”

19. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Alright so you’ve finally watched these two episodes. Now I can reveal a bit more about what’s at play and what is going on. Also, since it’s a bit confusing until you’ve watched the finale, I’ll try to recap everything we know so far into a nice condensed synopsis for you (after I comment about the episodes).

Starting off with Prisoner Principles.

- I do like that Cybertron Law has a Post-War Code for dealing with fugitives, which explains why the deaths in the show have been limited (Megatronus, Predacons).

- Strongarm is defintely the most intriguing character in the show. There is an upcoming episode which may sway your opinion on Strongarm to be more positive at least.

- Clampdown has always been one of my favourites, so it was nice to see him step up and save the ones who were about to arrest him, even though he admitted he was just trying to save himself.

- It’s also implied that the mysterious benefactors taught them the ability to change their colour and camouflage, since as far as we knew, only Optimus and the other Primes knew how to do so.

- Steeljaw is all alone now, I wonder what could happen next with our favourite wolf Decepticon.

—————————

Onto to Collateral Damage.

- Soundwave has been freed. He has finally acquired three Decepticon Hunters allowing him to break free from the ShadowZone and he has the nuclear fusion rods to power up the communication device to call Megatron.

- Optimus Prime is back for this episode. He also mentions that Ratchet is the one who sent him, which was a reminder that the two of them are still working together on dealing with Cybertron’s Government.

- Soundwave did have the Decepticon Hunter armor, if you look closely, you can see that after he loses the Decepticon Hunters, he changes colour, indicating the loss of power.

- I would like to remind you that the last time we saw Megatron, he has decided to go into a self-exile and he abandoned the Decepticon cause. Soundwave (and possibly others) who weren’t present are probably unaware of this or just believe this is Autobot propaganda.

Now for the catch-up on Optimus Prime’s mission up until this point.

- We know that the High Council demoted Bumblebee to a street cop, sent Ratchet on a Decepticon hunt and presumed Optimus dead.

- We also know that they sent Jazz to investigate the Alchemor’s crash and that a bounty had been placed on them by the High Council, which sent Drift and Fracture to Earth.

- Finally, they freed Steeljaw and his pack and gave them full pardons, in exchange for them arresting or killing the Bee Team.

- Before Jazz left, he promised to smooth things over with the Council.

- When Ratchet returned, he made note that the new Government blacklisted Team Prime and any other Autobots who supported Optimus due to the ruination they caused to Cybertron (that’s what they claim anyways).

- After Decepticon Island, Optimus Prime, Windblade and Ratchet decided to return to Cybertron to investigate the new regime.

- Following Starscream’s return and defeat, Optimus noted that he has yet to return to Cybertron, but is working with some old friends to resolve the problem.

- Afterwards, in Moon Breaker, Optimus enlists the help of Drift to aid him in his investigation of the regime.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. CaptainSlayer

Something He Ate

Why are we still having filler episodes in the last five episodes of the series?

Unless there's some secret message I missed here or something, this episode was just another twenty minutes of the Bee Team chasing around Underbite again.

The 'plot' was fun, the episode was entertaining and the sequence where Bumblebee and Underbite teleport to pretty much every location that's been shown in the show before was nice but there wasn't really anything greater going on.

If I'm being honest, I'm starting to lose hope that the finale will be as spectacular as I had hoped. We've got four more episodes left, pretty much every Decepticon except Steeljaw is captured and I have no idea if Megatron is going to show up or not (though my money is on yes).

When these episodes were airing, did all of you know there were only four left after this one? If so, how did you feel about it? I'm underwhelmed and hoping for more.

• Like Like x 1