Bayformer Fan Watches Transformers: Robots in Disguise [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Jan 2, 2018.

1. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

Hey guys and girls - running pretty short on time this weekend so won't be responding to previous replies until I'm at work tomorrow.

For now, here's my next two entries. :) 

-----​

Strongarm's Big Score

I remember not being the biggest fan of Strongarm when the show first started and it was primarily due to her and Sideswipe constantly being at each others throats. The whole gag got old and repetitive pretty fast and the episode where she became this whole "poor pitiful me" bot was frustrating to say this least but this episode was different and I actually enjoyed it.

Scatterspike was alright. I'm still not a fan of all these slight recolors/remodels and despite it being obvious that she's a rework of Quillfire, I do like that her spikes have different and randomized effects as opposed to the paralysis power.

Clawtrap is odd because it seems like he's supposed to be a 'serious' version of Clampdown which I'm not sure I'm on board with.

Sawtooth is another one of the weaponized minicons as well as Aerobolt and I'm comfortable saying that while I really like the design of all these little guys, I don't have the foggiest idea where their story is going. They seem to have a degree of honor but have their own interests in mind and I'm unsure of where that interest rests on the scale of morality.

The idea of Fixit giving all of the team members scores based on their performances is neat and I kind of wish we could have seen a scorecard or something like Drift requested to figure out how he was going about rating his companions.

I actually wasn't surprised that Strongarm ended up being on the bottom of the team (unless Drift's minicons were also being scored, in which case they may have been lower or higher) since she's a 'by the book' character who sometimes complicates things by over thinking them. I was surprised that Bumblebee scored higher than Drift though...

However, her development in this episode wasn't tedious or forced feeling. I really liked seeing her slowly come to terms with not obsessing over a fictional numerical value and realizing that she can do more by focusing on the important things.

She did a good job taking down Scatterspike and I love how she got this epic transformation scene to poke some holes in the ground - lol. How did the humans buying the houses not see all the steam escaping the volcano?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that mountain meant to be the one the ark crashed into in G1? If so, I love it, but I wish there'd have been something there for them to find.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode and we got to see Fixit on the field again which is always fun. It was a nice change of pace to have a Strongarm episode that I enjoyed.

-----

Pretzel Logic

Despite being faced with another generic con, who I think is voiced by the guy who does Pete in Goof Troop, this episode is probably one of my favorites from the series thus far.

Having a human ally appear and not even question that he's talking to a giant mechanical T-Rex who just punched a hole in the side of his home before taking him to learn to bake pretzels is something I doubt any Transformers fan could have ever called.

Gunter is an awesome character and I'm curious if he's familiar with the history of Cybertronians, because something tells me there's no way this is his first encounter. The guy lives alone (I believe) on top of this mountain right near the old Autobot base and spends all day baking pretzels for no one knows who and has the ability to teach Grimlock of all characters the art of patience.

The blue lobster at least has a unique personality and that artifact is pretty dope. Tricerashot continues to fill in the roster of cool Power Ranger weapon type Minicons and then we get some dude in the shadows whose face reminds me of Dinobot 2 and he's making a call to an extremely familiar sounding voice... I don't want to be foolish and get too excited but if I had to make a guess, I'm almost 100% sure that I heard Starscream on the other end of that com and if so... well, dammit I'm ready.

His voice sounded identical to the Prime Starscream, so unless they did a recast his voice actor for a new character, I'd throw all my money on Scream showing up before this season is over.

I guess those claws that came out of the groundbridge to grab Tricerashot and the blue dude were Clawtrap's, but at this point, I don't pretend to know what's going on. I'm just along for the ride. :p 

At the recommendation of a reader, I'll be watching the last three episodes of 2.5 in one sitting, hopefully this week if I can find the time, and then we will be moving into the last season of Transformers: RiD!

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to seeing your thoughts!

I'll be sure to go back through earlier replies and respond tomorrow when I get some down time in the office. :) 

See you all then! <3

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Strongarm’s Big Score

Strongarm can be a difficult character to like sometimes, so it’s a good thing episodes like this (which focus around her) make her somewhat more appealing.

Bumblebee did spend some time as a officer (I think, based of my memory of the first issue), so I guess that makes sense.

Yes, that mountain scene was a reference to G1.

Pretzel Logic

Gunter and Grimlock’s friendship was definitely enjoyable, and a unique one, if it’s just one episode.

This also made happy that Grimlock was learning something, without being cheesy, as an episode in season 3 may demonstrate.

Honestly, this made me want to have pretzel again at the time :p 

Next three episodes in one go is definitely a good idea. Be prepared for it...in a good way :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Okay so the first three episodes set up the last three episodes. Revelations will be made and everything will be explained.

Starting off with Strongarm’s Big Score:

- This episode was a decent episode overall.

- I don’t know if you missed it or not, but Bumblebee contacted Optimus to request that he return to Earth, and Optimus agreed he will. Optimus will never be gone forever.

- We meet Clawtrap who is the leader of the group of Decepticon Scavengers, who are here looking for ancient Cybertronian relics (similar to the Bee Team).

Alright as for Pretzel Logic.

- Will Friedle, the voice of Bumblebee wrote this episode.

- I could confirm or deny your guess, but I’ll wait because you’ll just find before this mini-season ends, why spoil the surprise?

- Thermidor was voiced by Jim Cummings (Clampdown’s VA).

- The Vehicon who the mysterious voice was speaking with is named Shadelock.

- Steve Blum voices the mysterious voice you heard, same person who voiced Starscream in Prime, as you noted.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Star Seeker

Ok I didn't expect you to do a double upload because I never actually saw Pretzel Logic when it aired, so I was going to watch it just to catch up, but you beat me to it.

Welcome to Season 2.5: Rise of the Recolors. New models are hard to find but the plot that entails has the best payoff.

Scatterspike as you said is a recolor and a small retool of Quillfire, and even had the same random powers. This time it's polarity. Gives me flashbacks to that episode in Prime when everyone was stuck together. Perhaps the best part about this was that this is the first Strongarm episode that didn't suck Energon pipelines. Dare to say I actually liked it. Now watch as she becomes one of the best characters and Sideswipe becomes one of the worst from here.

Sawtooth is probably my second favorite of the new Minicons in terms of design and personality. I'd keep him in my aquarium without a second though. My favorite is definitely Aerobolt. He's everything Silverbolt in Beast Machines could've been. More on him another time.

As I mentioned I never saw the next episode but I know enough about it. So does Tricerashot's voice remind anyone besides myself of G1 Slag? Because I always got that vibe from him. Perhaps it's no coincidence that they're the same dinosaur.

Of all the Scavengers Thermidor is my absolute favorite. He's based off of those rare blue lobsters you see pictures of, and Jim Cummings once again voices a member of the Decepticon crustacean. 2 out of 4 is pretty impressive.

So I'm pretty sure the Scavengers are all supposed to be a group of pirates but Thermidor is the only one that's fully committed to the roll. I was somewhat upset that he wasn't the one calling calling the shot, but I guess since Clawtrap shares the same body with our lord and savior I can forgive them just this once.

I know they're all recolors but they do have at least something different about them outside of a new scheme. Paralon has a visor, Scatterspike has a different head, Clawtrap has eyes on his actual car body as opposed to Clampdown who has eyes on stocks like real crabs, and then Thermidor somehow looks more like a lobster than Bisk with that head.

So to conclude we got a new Decepticon called Shadelock entering the fray, and he's answering to someone voiced by Steve Blum, voice of Starscream, Darksteel, FOC Shockwave, an Insecticon, and you would've never known unless someone told you: Aerobolt.

As cool as Shadelock is he's just a Vehicon with a fancy new head. Two groups of Decepticons enter the fray, so what does this mean? You might find out next time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CaptainSlayer

Saturday was free comic book day and I picked up a 'Unicron #0' from the selection and gave it a read. I won't pretend to understand what's going on in it or why Soundwave is working with the Autobots as their space bridge operator but I do want to note that RiD is the first place I've seen Windblade so it was pretty cool that in this comic she's the leader of Cybertron. No clue how that worked out but she looked amazing!

Huh. I thought it was just... gone.

Which Autobot???

Paralon is an odd name for a Transformer unless it has a meaning I'm not catching.

Well at this point I know there's plenty of them.

That seems to be a recurring theme. All of these scavengers are looking for stuff to use, presumably to get the hell off Earth.

Agreed. Still holding out hope that Bulkhead will make an appearance. I'd settle for just a transmission call or something.

I'm still processing that bit. Why would an Autobot need to wear sweat bands during exercise?

Thanks! So far, so good! (minus the recolors)

Had I know that before hand, I would have tried to set up a time for it over the weekend. I am taking your advice on the final three and watching them all in one sitting as mentioned in my latest blog post. Thank you for the heads up, Lovecraft! :) 

I thought I'd feel a bit more nostalgic for the base but I really didn't. Not sure why.

I wish I could appreciate that reference but I've never seen 2001's RiD or even read about it. :x

Well, next time I sit down to watch the show it'll be to conclude 2.5 so I hope there's some answers :p 

Well, I'm glad you've come out of lurking to contribute. So far, this thread has consisted primarily of fans of RiD which is much different than some of the other shows I've reviewed where those with ill opinions love to spout off their negativity. :p 

"She's Peggy Hill the Autobot" "When she gets knocked down a peg" - I see what you did there.

I love the reference. My wife absolutely hates Peggy Hill and despite loving King of the Hill, has to turn off the show whenever it's an episode centered around her.

I love King of the Hill and my adoration has only grown over the years as I came to realize how much of a satire show it is. I live in rural South Carolina so a lot of the theme resonate with me. ;) 

I'm going to have to agree with you. If there were all these defense turrets and stuff, how did that one Decepticon get into the base while disguised as Wheeljack? His name fails me at the moment.

True, I guess I'm just having trouble keeping up :p 

I appreciate the throwback but I still think the Beast Wars or Machines episode where they go and find the original G1 Autobots and Decepticons still passed out was the greatest call out they could ever give to G1 :p 

Aww, no more Gunter? :( 

I did really enjoy that Grimlock was actually dedicated to learning patience and that he didn't judge Gunter's methods of teaching him. It can be easy to forget that this guy was a Decpticon Prisoner who just wants to smash stuff.

Same. I love pretzels.

I am! Not sure when I'll get to them this week (it may be the weekend, hopefully sooner!) but I'm stoked to get through them!

Also, Ismaeel, I wanted to say thank you for being such an active poster in this thread recently. I really appreciate your contributions!

I did catch the contact to Optimus and I'm hopeful that he doesn't come back alone.

Well, kudos to Will Friedle because this episode was amazing.

Thermidor is another odd name for a transformer... but uh, I had no idea it was the same guy. They didn't sound similar to me in the least so I guess he has great range!

Shadelock, huh? Was actually hoping Dinobot 2 would show back up - though I knew it was a longshot :p 

That further confirms my belief that I definitely heard Starscream. My body is ready.

Sorry for rushing ahead of you, Shadow. Just getting in episodes while I can :p 

I look forward to seeing Aerobolt more and honestly thought he called him Silverbolt when they first said his name.

You should definitely watch this episode, it's awesome.

I thought the same thing about Thermidor. Actual photos of blue lobsters are always really cool.

"but I guess since Clawtrap shares the same body with our lord and savior" - Yes. Just yes.

You're right, I never would have guessed Aerobolt had the same voice as Scream!

NEXT TIME ON T:RID!

• Like Like x 1
  6. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

Quillfire has random effects, too. In his first episode he turned Bee into a kid.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hastur King in Yellow

Hastur King in Yellow Lord of Destruction

Yes, because Bumblebee was not an odd name for an alien robot. jk jk, agreed. also, just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm back after a long absence.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CaptainSlayer

Man, so I just finished the three-part finale of 2.5 and that was amazing. I'll be writing my entry at work tomorrow but

A: I knew that was Starscream! I love his G1 style body!
    B: The animation during that final battle was beautiful.

I'd completely forgotten about that.

Welcome back! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Shadowwavepool7

Looking forward to hearing the full review.

• Like Like x 2
  10. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette I'm Curious!!

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I'm also looking forward to your full thoughts on the three-part final.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ismaeel Kamal

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Looking forward to the full review. Glad you enjoyed it though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CaptainSlayer

Mighty Big Trouble, Mini-Con Madness & Worthy

I knew it. That voice was way too familiar to be a coincidence.

Thankfully, Starscream returns for the finale of Season 2.5 and in his classic body style that I'm happy the characters commented on with humor! I love this design and in my opinion it made Starscream look much more menacing than his previous form in Prime although I do miss his long nails that he clawed out Cliffjumper's heart with.

I am a bit disappointed that with all of the hype I felt surrounding his return, I was denied seeing him in jet form. If I could ask the animators a single question, it would be "How are you going to have Starscream and not show him in jet mode?" I mean... technically he did fly but that's besides the point.

The second most interesting character to me in the finale trilogy is RoughEdge. The guy is an Autobot (or at least used to be. He has scratches through the insignias.) who works for Starscream and has no problems attacking other Autobots.

I've seen Decepticons flip sides plenty of times but I'm not sure I've ever seen an Autobot become a Decepticon. My memory of G1 is pretty hazy and I feel like there was an Autobot who turned during the run of that series but I can't be sure. Roughedge never spoke as far as I can remember and not a single bot asked why an Autobot was running with a group of Decepticons.

Now it was mentioned that these characters were bounty hunters and that's a profession that isn't really good or evil but basically a giant gray area. I've said before that I like how this series shows that your emblem doesn't define you and that certain cons can be good but now we know that Autobots can be bad and that's something I really, really love.

I'm not really sure how the Dark Star Saber got to where it was or why it didn't find Starscream worthy so I actually don't have a lot to say on it. I mean, it's a cool sword and everything but I didn't lose my mind upon seeing it.

Mini-con Madness was a very cool episode and I love the flashback to Starscream's heroic act of slaying the Predacons with such bravery and absolute power. The weaponized mini-cons are a cool cast and I'm very fond of their designs. I find Lancelon to be my favorite in terms of looks while in bot mode and Sawtooth to be my favorite in weapon mode but to be completely honest, I love all of them.

I'm glad that Optimus has trust issues with Aerobolt when they try to merge together for the power surge. This group of Small Soldier's Commando Elite Mini-Cons just got done snatching Autobot bodies and then suddenly want to play nice because he remembers Optimus from when he was a 'baby-con?' That, uh, that makes perfect sense.

Drift also impressed me with how much he continued to worry about Jetstorm and Slipstream. Like, I get that he's always been fond of them in the whole mentor family way but in this set of episodes he repeatedly shows genuine rage towards Starscream and the bounty hunters and I wish he would have had a chance to lob their heads off.

I didn't care too much for the Sideswipe 'B' story with him just being a jerk and wanting to apologize. I didn't hate it, I just didn't care about it from start to finish. Although I did raise a brow when he 'sacrificed himself' and then suddenly had the smouldering spot on his chest just disappear when he opened his eyes... that's a thing.

The final battle with Starscream in his powered up state was phenomenal and the animation was top notch. I liked the 'combos' that were being set up like Grimlock smacking other bots around with his tail and I feel like Starscream was a genuine threat at this point in the story. But of course, it's Transformers, so the Autobots have to win in the end and they do so here in glorious fashion before loading up all the enemies and leaving Fixit in the middle of nowhere.

Optimus admits that he hasn't been back to Cybertron which is confusing but I imagine also a plot line in the final season.

Also, did the mini-cons all just decide to become Autobots after Optimus helped them out? I'm not sure how that works but they all magically got Autobot emblems.

As for the scavengers, where the hell are they?

I know that I just said I didn't care about the Sideswipe 'B' plot, but I did think it was pretty cool watching Slipstream and Jetstorm partner up with him instead of Drift though it felt conflicting considering how upset Drift was the entire time they were gone.

I just realized I haven't really mentioned Strongarm at all. I'm not even sure she did much of anything. Same with Denny and Russel. They hid in some equipment and then tracked the others I think, so that's cool! >.>

All in all, I can see why people claim this is the best RID has to offer. I've not started with Season 3 so I can't say with absolute certainty but I'm not sure how they'd go about topping Starscream's return - unless they bring back Megatron, which with so many name drops - wouldn't surprise me.

So what do you guys and girls think about these three episodes? What did I fail to mention that you're mad at me for? ;) 

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Ismaeel Kamal

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Starscream ended up reaching his potential of being a leader again, which I liked, and his design change did certainly make him look more...manly, in comparison to this Prime design. Steve Blum did a great job once again.

I'm surprised you liked RoughEdge, and have a thing for rouge autobots...good thing there's more episodes about them in season three then.

The Mini-cons actually became more appealing to me because of these episodes; they showed their power, as well as their important, which is better than what Cybertron (the TV show) has done with them. They also look great as well.

Also, Drift has more than one emotion? Good.

Sideswipe seems to learn a new lesson yet again. And will continue to do so :p 

The scavengers were all taken by Optimus Prime; speaking of which, it was nice to see him show up again, and Bumblebee keeps on getting better as a leader.

This season is short, but it sure does deliver, especially these three episodes. Now, onward for season 3 (the final season), which is title 'combiner forces.'

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shadowwavepool7

Okay so like you I absolutely LOVED everything that happened. We knew about it being Starscream ahead of time because of trailers and stuff, but that didn't make the surprise any less exciting. The Prime design I believe will always be the best version because you rarely see a design that goes with a character's personality. Movie is my second favorite because of how wild and creative it is. As far as the classic designs I admit I've never quite cared for it since he always shares that look with two other guys (even more if you count the Coneheads and the generics from the first G1 episode) However on this occasion I'll admit this is the best classic look he's had. It has everything you'd expect from the old while still keeping some touches from his Prime form.

The in story reason for his new change fits as well. New confidence = new body to reflect his new sense of strength. He's come quite far from Prime when he refused to accept Knockout's upgrades. You know I never actually noticed he never transformed. I was so invested with everything that was going on it slipped past me.

Oh goody goody you noticed Roughedge. You were hoping to see bad Autobots and you got your wish. With any luck he might not be the only one. If I remember correctly he has a slash mark or some sort of scraping on his insignia. (He could've been part of Steeljaw's crew, but alas) Small detail here but he shares the same model as the guards from the first episode. And there was an Insecticon with them too, so that was cool to see more Prime models if only for a little while.

There wasn't any switching in G1, but there was going to be. They wanted Blitzwing to switch sides after betraying Galvatron in season three, so that episode with Starscream's ghost where Sandstorm was talking to a Decepticon was supposed to be him, but instead they decided to have Octane in his place. Really, sleezebag Octane as an Autobot? Get out out of town. Now there is a few cases of bad Autobots in other series. I'm pretty sure Animated Lockdown is one such case. Even if he wasn't a true Decepticon he is in every sense except for his insignia. Animated Oil Slick's toy bio implies he was once an Autobot because he trained in Circuit-Su with Prowl. The most famous Autobot turned Decepticon story came from Armada, but unfortunately that was one of the worst parts of the show. It had so much potential but the character's reasoning for it was just so childish and pathetic.

For the Dark Star Saber remember that when Bumblebee killed Megatron he dropped his sword and it fell to Earth. Now we know where it ended up. It was one of those hanging plot threads the people that hated Prime always were wound up about, so it's nice to see it get picked up. It's not so much an important part of the story s much as this show and especially this season picking up and closing a plot threads that Prime didn't have the chance to do on their own.

Megatron needed the arm of Prime to use it at full power, and I think that the unworthy part with Starscream is because remember that is Unicron's blood, so there may at least be a small piece of his mind that's still aware of everything around him. He may not have liked Megatron, but I think it's safe to say Unicron knew that Megatron would use his destructive powers the right way.

Speaking of Megatron that's entirely why Starscream is here in the first place. He's backing to hating him, but this time there is a legit reason. Megatron completely surrendered the war and left the Decepticons without their leader or any sense of purpose. Just after Starscream pledges his loyalty to Megatron he just outright leaves him. He feels betrayed, and he wants him to pay for ruining the Decepticons.

Alright so we actually find out how he survived, and I'm both happy and upset with this. He stepped on a button with some ancient tech that just so happened to be strong enough to take out the Predacons.... Wait a minute, something is literally missing here. Darksteel and Skylynx were in that picture, but where was Predaking. We didn't see him at all. This wasn't a mistake because they intentionally left him out. Darksteel and Skylynx are most assuredly dead (rest in pieces my beloved pinheads) but the king isn't present. Looks like he's still kicking but we have no idea where he is. Once again Starscream turn's Predaking's life into a Greek tragedy. He made the idea to kill off the original batch of clones, and just when Predaking finally gets a family f his own Starscream kills them himself (even if it was an accident) Poor guy can't catch a break.

Alright I'll pick up the pace since I've been saying a lot. How is it possible that Aerobolt heard of Optimus, but not Bumblebee. Yes I know Prime s the leader but Bumblebee is one of the most important Autobots ever. He's on Optimus's A team for crying out loud. Something about that didn't really sit well for me. I did like that Optimus didn't quite trust Aerobolt considering he and his team tried to kill Bumblebee and his friends.

So here's something funny. This whole Optimus and Aerobolt combination was marketed as the first time Optimus has ever flown..... WHAT?
    Have they not seen the first few episodes of G1, any of the Armada trilogy, the last few episodes of Animated, season 3 of Prime, or any of the movies from ROTF onward? Someone really dropped the ball there.

So Drift being concerend for his Minicons was great, Bumblebee, Optimus, and Starscream had great interactions and that final battle scene was excellent. That awful Combiner Wars series did something similar with Starscream becoming a god like entity, but they do it so much better here.

The Minicons were sent off to live on a moon or some place like that where nobody would find them. Their involvement in the story is over. As for the Scavengers they were captured by the gang so they're going back to Cybertron.

So to end it all Starscream winds up in a coma. It's quite poetic once you think about it. Starscream started Prime by having Megatron in a coma, and now Starscream's story ends with him in a coma.

Well now all that's left is season 3. The Starscream arc might've been the best story in the show, but I think season three might be the best season overall. I'm not quite sure where I would put it with season two as both have their strengths and weaknesses. I guess season 3 is more consistent with the quality of episodes as there isn't any bad one in my opinion. A few okay ones but if that's the worst it has to offer then I think that's a success. We'll see what you think when we get there.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Alright, Season 2.5 is over, there’s one season left and it’s defintely interesting to say the least.

- Starscream is back looking better than ever before! A great combination of his G1 and Prime look. He’s back and looking to kill Megatron for all he did to him.

- Starscream hired Shadelock, Roughedge and Razorhorn to assist him which was neat. Roughedge had a lot of unique and different weapons with him, which was great.

- Starscream does have a jet mode in concept art, however it is unknown why they didn’t end up using it. I’ll attach the concept art below.

- Optimus Prime is back for a short while to assist the Bee Team with taking on this formidable threat. While he doesn’t comment on much, he does indicate that he is continuing his investigation into Cybertron’s Government

- Optimus rounded up the defeated Bounty Hunters, Scavengers and Starscream to be taken to Cybertron for incarceration. Except for Starscream, he appears to be brain dead/catatonic.

-On today’s edition of CaptainSlayer Fails to Mention Crucial Info, we have Starscream escaping the Predacons. Didn’t you see the flashback to Darkmount where Starscream used the weapons to kill Darksteel and Skylynx? Plus he also explains about how he found the Mini-Cons in Darkmount’s laboratory.

- One thing I would like to mention is that the Mini-Cons are child experiments. Starscream commented saying, “The Mini-Cons we’re captured in their youth, and genetically modified...” Now, given what we know about Shockwave’s experiments during the war, his imagine what he did to them...

• Like Like x 2
  16. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

But they were both Decepticons to begin with.

And Blackarachnia.

Wheeljack wasn´t that bad.

Maybe they were captured before Bee got his name out.

17. Shadowwavepool7

Yeah I don't know what I was saying here. It's been a long day for me despite only being a few hours :lol 

Knew I was forgetting someone, but I guess I'm referring to turncoats that had malicious intent with their defection. She only wanted to be normal again.

I'll have to disagree on that one.

I mean I guess that's possible, but by the guard's reactions it seems that he was well known for quite some time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette I'm Curious!!

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    As everyone has said already, the 3 part final of this "Season 2.5" is quite epic and awesome with the return of Starscream with his new body together with a small group of bounty hunters, preparing to capture the weaponizer mini-cons back and take revenge on Megatron that's now disappearing. Starscream's flashback of his "Brave" fight to escape from the Predacons is quite hilarious and it makes me chuckle a bit.

Speaking of Sideswipe's subplot with his rude attitude towards Fix-It and Drift's mini-cons, I'm not a big fan of it. As much of a jerk Sideswipe is for the most time in the show, he sometimes makes some good point especially with his remarks on Optimus should just take his time to recover at the beginning of Season 2; Not this time, however. This "sub-plot" just straight went out of nowhere, and Sideswipe's comment on Fix-It, Slipstream and Jetstorm just feels a bit out of character even from someone like Sideswipe.

Optimus is also came back to assists the rest of Bee's team while Bumblebee is been captured, and it's not a bad choice. While I'm not a fan of the Prime cartoon, it's kinda cool to see Optimus attempts to fight Starscream with the help of Aerobolt's power-up for the (propably) last time. Optimus's aerial fight with Starscream is quite cool to see.

The Weaponizer Mini-cons is quite weird, and I'm not too sure it's in a goiod way or not. Each of them has awesome look and cool powers, and even that isn't enough for me to notice their sudden change of heart to join the Autobots. I do like that Optimus having a bit of trouble to fully trusting Aerobolt enough to let him perform a Power-up on himself consider that Aerobolt and the rest of his gang are attempting to turn Bumblebee and the rest of the Autobots into scrap metals. I know that the weaponizer mini-cons didn't exactly know who they should trust since they have been captured and been experimented since birth, but still.

Speaking of Autobots allied with the bad guys (or Decepticons), it's rarer than Decepticons turn into good guys but it did happen.

- Sentinel Prime in DOTM did make a deal with Megatron to conquer earth to rebuilt Cybertron.

- Wheeljack in Armada abandoned the Autobots and join the Decepticons after Megatron rescued him from a fire after get unintentionally abandoned by Hot Shot.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  19. CaptainSlayer

You forgot the concept art!

I did mention this! "Mini-con Madness was a very cool episode and I love the flashback to Starscream's heroic act of slaying the Predacons with such bravery and absolute power."

20. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    So I did! This time, it’s attached below!

Okay on that note, congratulations on remembering to comment on everything! For your reward, here is some Starscream concept art that I never forgot to attach.

upload_2018-5-15_14-42-46.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-15_14-43-2.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-15_14-43-13.jpeg

• Like Like x 2