Bayformer Fan Watches Transformers: Robots in Disguise [BLOG]

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by CaptainSlayer, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I’m glad you enjoyed this episode then :)  Next episode is even more interesting than the last episode, and you’ll be halfway through the show.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Star Seeker

I liked this episode a lot. Though it looks like what has been said has been said. Nut the only other thing that I can say different is that it looks like the toned down the gamer aspect of his personality. It was still nice to see him again, and the Minicons were cool even if they aren't that effective. The best part was that ending fight on the stage. The camera rotations, the sound, the lighting, just everything about that was epic.

Why thank you! You're to first to appreciate my efforts. I strive for complexity through simplicity. I do what I can to help my favorite mediums of a franchise like this (Namely this, the movies, and Prime) I'm glad to hear you think I'm doing a good jobs, so I'll try to keep it up when it's needed.

And yes yes there is. Good articulation, neat transformation, and great screen accuracy The perfect toy for the MLG lobster.

Next episode is pretty good too. There isn't a bad one for the rest of the season. Let's see if something in it catches your eye.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

Well, I very much appreciate your efforts and am always happy to have you around.

As for the next episode, I should be watching it today and if not, then for sure tomorrow.

As with every show, I don't want to rush through and be done with it but I'm also pretty excited at the possibility of watching a Transformers show as it airs on TV, so it would be neat to conclude before Cyberverse comes out!

• Like Like x 1
  4. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Riko is still Best Girl

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I'm glad that you enjoyed this episode. I like this episode quite a bit, even through it's not my favorite episode in this season. Bisk is back once again, and his fight with Bumblebee is just awesome. This season still has a couple more surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CaptainSlayer

Impounded

This episode was filled with some pretty lame Decepticons. Silverhound was just a retool of Terrashock and hardly got any screentime, none of it worthwhile. I guess it's a little refreshing to see the team still taking on random cons left and right but this guy felt a bit lazy... then again, so do most of the recolors.

But then we had Back and Forth who take the cake for laziest named Transformers of all time. The minicons powers and their designs were awesome but I mean any other name would have been better. Hell, I'd have been OK with Push and Pull.

This episode was also totally full of cheese. By that, I mean super cheesy moments. Russel's whole escape plan in the impound lot made me groan but Grimlock's method of capturing Quillfire literally made me facepalm. It was, so, so lame. lol.

However, this episode did make me like Quillfire a bit more. I forgot how potent his spines were and seeing them back in action and him successfully fighting off both Bumblebee and Strongarm was delightful.

I'm not sure how to feel about Grimlock's new disguise. It's cheesy and corny but it's also adorable. I guess I can live with it.

Dino-Dino-Dino. Dino-craaaaaaane.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Whoops. I just realised what episode you were watching. My previous comment was meant for the next episode you'll be watching now. Get ready for deja vu.
    I remember this episode being...not so interesting, although I liked the Knock Out reference.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah as I mentioned earlier, this episode wasn’t one of my favourites, however, the next episode will blow you away. Be prepared for anything to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Riko is still Best Girl

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Like everyone else, this episode isn't my favorite. This episode is a little bit on the "filler" and "cheesy" side, and I don't blame anyone for finding this series to be "repetitive" as this series has a couple of "filler" episodes that doesn't need to exists. However, Grimlock's new "crane" disguise is a neat reference to the old 2001 Robot in Disguise/Car Robots cartoon (In the old Car Robots cartoon, there's also a character called Grimlock with a green colored crane alt-mode).

• Like Like x 1
  9. CaptainSlayer

Looking forward to it!

The last time you guys said this, it turned into one of my favorite episodes.

It's been a while since we've seen the away team, at least it feels like it at the rate I'm going through the blog... time to visit them again?

Also at the rate new characters are popping up, I hope to see some more - preferably not just recolors :p 

I've had to look up "List of Transformers RiD episodes" a few times to figure out certain episode titles and I constantly forget their was an RiD before this one. Whose idea was it to replicate the title!?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    You’ll see the Away Team soon, they’re still kicking around somewhere. You’ll understand why we are being so vague about the next episode when you watch it. Anything could happen.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shadowwavepool7

Ok I'm a little late so I'll make it brief. Quillfire is back and is just as enjoyable as ever. I completely agree about the names of the Minicons being garbage. Push and Pull would've been better names. At least the designs were neat. When Bumblebee and Strongarm are impounded did you happen to notice that one of the cars looked strikingly familiar? I'll give you a hint. A certain fabulous Decepticon medic turned Autobot from Prime.

Like someone else mentioned before that new disguise of Grimlock's is a homage to his original RID counterpart, which was one of the biggest nameslaps back in the day. What's cool about it is that this isn't a one off gag. You'll see him use it throughout the rest of the show.

Something about Quillfire's powers confused me. It never really makes it clear if every single quill is random or the current set on his body has a random set assigned to it because both Bumblebee and Strongarm get the same effect.

And yes we're all building up to the next episode which deserves every single bit of hype and more. Though I really wish the B plot of that episode appeared here because it would've helped this episode. That and you'll be more focused on the main plot and it has one of my favorite character moments that has been overlooked by everyone except myself. Obviously I'll talk about it when we get there but I can't freaking wait for your jaw to drop on this bombshell episode.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Yeah, it can be hard to loose a pet you've had for a long time. My mom lost a couple of her cats last year. Most were older, and we knew they were on their final run, but one was acting fine a half an hour before we found her dead.
    Multiple according to the Wiki. We've got the warrior, one step, three step, legion, and Crash Combiner with Saberclaw.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hastur King in Yellow

Hastur King in Yellow Lord of Destruction

Agreed. this episode has a lot of filler. prime had some of that too but to lesser degree. also, the CHEESE. Jesus there was more cheese then a cheese pizza in this episode. hopefully it gets better. also, Silverhound? his name has silver in it and he's wolf themed? sounds like someone i know.....my Blackarachnia.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CaptainSlayer

I knew there was something being referenced at that point that I was completely missing. I meant to ask about it during the entry as it was obviously an easter egg but I had no idea what it was. Not sure how I missed Knock Out.

15. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. CaptainSlayer

Portals

Well, you guys were absolutely right - this episode was awesome.

Soundwave was the last con I expected to see in this series as I completely believed he had been disposed of for good in Prime. His model in this animation style is gorgeous and I'm so thankful that they didn't decide to do any sort of rework to the way he looked.

The continuity made me happy, hearing Bumblebee name drop Miko, Raf and Jack was so unexpected and exciting. It's also always good to be reminded just how formidable some of these Decepticons can really be. Even against a team that has succeeded in trapping multiple Decepticons since their arrival on Earth, Soundwave has little trouble holding his own against the lot of them - though I'm sure things would have been different if Team Prime was at base.

Some parts of the episode were silly. Particularly Russel, Denny and Fixit putting on Fallout gear and using ghetto blasters to fight said dangerous Decepticon who on more than one occasion just let them run and hide, but even then, I was having fun. Watching Russel and Fixit "Serpentine" was hilarious and I don't care what anyone has to say about it.

I am disappointed that Soundwave was tossed back into the portal at the end. I certainly hoped that he would end up getting his message to Megatron off and then fly off to continue plotting something far bigger than Steeljaw's gang but regardless, I'm extremely happy to see him.

Speaking of Steeljaw's gang, this episode further explores the sheer brutality of Steeljaw and it's becoming obvious that this wolf will forever be one of my favorite Transformers baddies. His execution of the Sharkticon at the whim of the two leading cons gave me a huge 'sith' vibe and got me thinking about the rule of two - I wonder how long it'll be before one of those two order Steeljaw against the other one? Judging from his chat with his original crew, half the ship wants to leave while the other half wants to conquer - surely the leaders are on each side as well.

It can be a little jarring to suddenly remember that this show takes place in the same universe as Prime. All of the animalcons seem so outlandish compared to the likes of Soundwave but it's a blend I'm thankful to be able to experience.

I just hope we see more of both worlds going forward.

• Like Like x 5
  17. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Well, this episode was the most unexpected episode of the season. No one expected Soundwave of all Decepticons to show up and wreck havoc, that fact that he did, made this one of my favourite episodes.

- Correct me if I am wrong, but was Laserbeak ever referred to as a Mini-Com in Prime like he was here? I don’t recall.

- Steeljaw continues to impress with his cunning and charisma, which is not surprising.

- So did you catch some of Bumblebee’s exposition? Besides Fixit mention that he was trapped in the Shadowzone aboard the Nemesis, Bumblebee theorized that Soundwave followed Megatron’s dead body into the ocean and then got stranded here when he was revived...

- So has Soundwave just been in the ShadowZone, making funny faces at the Bee Team? He’s probably been watching them for a while, waiting for the time to escape... kind of creepy if you ask me.

- They didn’t kill Soundwave off... so we could always see him again.

- We are getting closer and closer to the finale of Season 2, and Soundwave’s unexpected return was just one of many surprises that Robots in Disguise has to offer.

- The next episode is one of my favourites as well.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  18. Shadowwavepool7

Well I don't want to make any assumptions, but it's almost as if this show wants us to believe that it's a sequel to Prime. I kid I kid, but of all the characters to return Soundwave was definitely an unexpected but absolutely welcomed surprise. With him showing up who knows who else will want to drop in to say hello. We even got the kids name dropped as well.

So Soundwave looks just like he did but his visor is colored like classic G1. How they heck has he survived in the Shadowzone for all these years without a single supply of energy? Did he ever come across zombie Skyquake? (unless my theory of him, Airachnid, and the zombie Insecticons wound up being true), and how did he know that this would be the right time to escape? Was he watching them for some time or does the Shadowzone work in a way that a groundbridge reveals itself to the prisoners if the chance is ever presented? All I know is that guy must've been living on sheer willpower alone.

Right off the back he does exactly what we loved him in Prime for: humiliating everyone in a ten kilometer radius with a class A beatdown. I'm actually impressed he knew how to work with tech that is clearly more advanced since the last time he touched a monitor. He wants to try and call Megatron, so that seems to be a big focus. Does that mean he actually knows where he is, or is he hoping his signal will somehow reach him?

I'll admit I wasn't happy that he got sent back in, but I guess the only other options would be killing him or getting him in a pod, and neither of those seemed possible. Personally if i was him I would've gotten the heck out of there away from the very thing that got me trapped for years on end in the first place. Even being out of the game he was still able to fight everyone off until the very end, which I find to be impressive. Though if it was the Prime team there instead I don't think he would stand much of a chance. Him being rusty with his ground bridging powers makes complete sense since this is quite literally a half hour of freedom. Now that he has a taste I'm sure he wants more if it's possible.

I just realized Grimlock nearly killed Laserbeak when he had him in his mouth. Not sure sure if his dental plan covers birds.

Alright on to Steeljaw and the island plot which like I said before should've been in the Quillfire episode because it's almost completely overshadowed by the Soundwave part. Regardless this is a solid secondary plot. It's a perfect display to show just how far Steeljaw will go to make his plans a reality. He'll wear any mask, say anything, and do anything. With two Decepticon hunters in his sights I think Steeljaw is mere moments away from creating a new war. I mean he was about to kill both of them right on the spot when he thought they were suspicious of him. I'm not sure if that Sharkticon is either beaten, crippled, or killed, but judging by the looks from Glowstrike and Saberhorn there needs to be a clean up on aisle five. Speaking of which I'm sure you noticed that Sharkticon looked and was colored closer to how they looked in G1. By the way I hope you enjoyed that brief glimpse of Glowstrike's animal form because I'm pretty sure that's the only time we'll see it.

A whole lot of Fixit Minicons this time around. I guess they just have these guys in surplus if the ship where they fought Octopunch had hundreds of them. It really makes his nightmare in the Nightstrike episode make a lot more sense now.

Now in this B plot there was a very important character moment from one of the other cons that may have gone under the radar, which is why I want you to know. Character development for Decepticons outside of Steeljaw is seldom at best, so it's crucial to point them out when they show up. So when Thunderhoof and Clampdown are bickering on the ship Clampdown says something nobody else ever has. He acknowledges Steeljaw as the leader. He's the only one who says something like that, and that makes him the one with the most loyalty to Steeljaw. He knows that he's saved him from the Autobots on multiple occasions, freed him and the other when he was captured, but perhaps most importantly is because of what happened back in season 1, which I think I said would be important, and here it is coming to fruition. Clampdown remembers Steeljaw caring about him when Megatronus was torturing him. Now he's sticking up for Steeljaw just to save his own neck, but out of genuine loyalty.

Alright with that I'll conclude with three things. First is that I'm not sure if anyone has told you this yet or not but the next three episodes end what is known as season two, and the remaining six episode after that is known as season 2.5.

Second I forgot to mention Silverhound last episode. While he doesn't do much for us it at least give us information that he worked for Thunderhoof. You get to see what some of his team looked like with Silverhound, Clampdown, and Scowl.

Lastly, I'm not sure if Soundwave reached Megatron or not, but to me it looked like on his screen his message was being picked up by something.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    @Shadowwavepool7 Actually, now that you mention that, I actually have a theory now.

Bumblebee mentioned that Soundwave’s message could bring any other Decepticon within range to Earth. What if Soundwave's message didn’t reach Megatron, but reached Cyclonus instead... that would explain how Cyclonus knew he was alive and was able to send those Mini-Cons to free him later on...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shadowwavepool7

That's exactly what I think happened because when else could it have happened?

• Like Like x 2